Windows 10: How do I encrypt data with Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I encrypt data with Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I found the instructions for this and they are pretty straight forward, the only problem is when I get to the last step, to "Encrypt contents to secure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nikilet, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Nikilet Win User

How do I encrypt data with Windows 10?

I found the instructions for this and they are pretty straight forward, the only problem is when I get to the last step, to "Encrypt contents to secure data," it is grayed out and I can't check it. Could someone please help me with this?

:)

Nikilet, Apr 26, 2019

2. Windows 10 Pro - How do I disable encryption of my data

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Are you using any third party software to Encrypt data's\files? Or is it automatically encrypting your data’s and files?
    If your data’s are encrypt by Bit locker you can follow the below link
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide. (It works same way on Windows 10).

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766295(v=ws.10).aspx

Awaiting your response for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Apr 26, 2019
  4. How do I encrypt data with Windows 10?

Encrypting a folder

Hello Bill,

To encrypt a folder in Windows 10 Home, follow these steps:

• Right-click the folder you want to encrypt and click Properties.
    • On the General tab, click Advanced.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attributes, click Encrypt contents to secure data.
    • Click OK then Apply to save the changes.

We're just here if you need further help.

Devlin Sco, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

How do I encrypt data with Windows 10?

1. How do I encrypt data with Windows 10? - Similar Threads - encrypt data

2. How do I encrypt data with Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I encrypt data with Windows 10?: I found the instructions for this and they are pretty straight forward, the only problem is when I get to the last step, to "Encrypt contents to secure data," it is grayed out and I can't check it. Could someone please help me with this? 131560
  3. MY DATA WERE ENCRYPTED (MUM, DAT, BIN, etc)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MY DATA WERE ENCRYPTED (MUM, DAT, BIN, etc): I bought a HP laptop over 3 months ago with an active copy of Windows 10 Home genuine. A week ago the blue screen error occurred so the technical staffs retrieved the product key and re-insalled it. I've asked for my data but they gave me back the laptop full of MUM, DAT,...
  4. ransomwere grandcrab 5.1 . it do encryption of data. please help me .

ransomwere grandcrab 5.1 . it do encryption of data. please help me .: when i open my games like csgo or other programs like firefox . this dialog appears on screen for less than few seconds . please tell should i worry about it because it don't looks so good . it has also a notepad file attached in every folder . i will attach everything . i...
  5. Data Encryption Virus

Data Encryption Virus: Virus Encrypted Files on my computer. How do I decrypt? I had a virus attack on Jan 15, 2019 . The virus encrypted all my important files such Dump file and log sheets of my data base . Do you have any ideas on how I can decrypt my locked files? I've also recieved a...
  6. Data encryption

Data encryption: If I go to Manage Bitlocker, their is no drive listed in the fixed data drive.....i am using windows 10 enterprise.....please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-encryption/38ff4050-617f-401b-bf89-cdcf9b702f58"
  7. W10 'Encrypt contents of secure data' option remains flawed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 'Encrypt contents of secure data' option remains flawed: Windows 10 Professional x64 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.134) Bitlocker 2.0 encrypted system 1. In File Explorer go to the C: drive and create TestEncryption folder: 2. Right-click on the TestEncryption folder and click Properties. 3. Click on the...
  8. Unity Save Data Encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unity Save Data Encryption: Some games I play made in unity, they do their save files in text format, but the text is encrypted in seemingly random letters, numbers, and capped with one or two = signs. There are quite a few that already made ways to cheat at games using trainers and even cheat engine,...
  9. Bitlocker Encryption of my external hard disk stuck at 36.6%. Data is accessible and no...

Bitlocker Encryption of my external hard disk stuck at 36.6%. Data is accessible and no...: Hi I own a Lenovo Ideapad Laptop. Recently I had upgraded to Windows Pro and tried to encrypt my 1 TB External Hard Disk with Bitlocker. All went smoothly till the encryption reached 36.6%, after that it has been stuck. No Encryption is not paused/hanged, Data is not...
  10. Data Gone encrypted After Downgrading From Windows 10 Back to 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data Gone encrypted After Downgrading From Windows 10 Back to 7: Incident happened on 3 days back from Today (16-07-2018). I took one of my friend’s uncle laptop, that was upgraded to Windows 10 from windows 7 on 1 year and 2 months back from today and Due to system running very slow he asked me re-install with Windows 7. (Before I...