Windows 10: How do I encrypt data with Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I encrypt data with Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I found the instructions for this and they are pretty straight forward, the only problem is when I get to the last step, to "Encrypt contents to secure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nikilet, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Nikilet Win User

How do I encrypt data with Windows 10?

I found the instructions for this and they are pretty straight forward, the only problem is when I get to the last step, to "Encrypt contents to secure data," it is grayed out and I can't check it. Could someone please help me with this?

:)

Nikilet, Apr 26, 2019

2. Windows 10 Pro - How do I disable encryption of my data

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Are you using any third party software to Encrypt data's\files? Or is it automatically encrypting your data’s and files?
    If your data’s are encrypt by Bit locker you can follow the below link
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide. (It works same way on Windows 10).

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766295(v=ws.10).aspx

Awaiting your response for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Apr 26, 2019
  4. How do I encrypt data with Windows 10?

Encrypting a folder

Hello Bill,

To encrypt a folder in Windows 10 Home, follow these steps:

• Right-click the folder you want to encrypt and click Properties.
    • On the General tab, click Advanced.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attributes, click Encrypt contents to secure data.
    • Click OK then Apply to save the changes.

We're just here if you need further help.

Devlin Sco, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

How do I encrypt data with Windows 10?

1. How do I encrypt data with Windows 10? - Similar Threads - encrypt data

2. BitLocker - encrypt full drive or only existing data not shown?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker - encrypt full drive or only existing data not shown?: When enabling BitLocker and encrypting the only drive with Windows 11 Pro on it it took seconds to "encrypt" a drive. Then in the local group policy editor I can enable TPM+PIN, but still - I didn't have a prompt to choose between "encrypting everything, which will take more...
  3. BitLocker - encrypt full drive or only existing data not shown?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker - encrypt full drive or only existing data not shown?: When enabling BitLocker and encrypting the only drive with Windows 11 Pro on it it took seconds to "encrypt" a drive. Then in the local group policy editor I can enable TPM+PIN, but still - I didn't have a prompt to choose between "encrypting everything, which will take more...
  4. Encrypt contents to secure data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypt contents to secure data: Hi, I'm trying to lock my folder and tried applying some advanced settings. However, I'm unable to select the option 'Encrypt contents to secure data' in the advanced attributes. Please find attached the screenshot. Please let me know how I can change these settings. Thank...
  5. Encrypt contents to secure data

Encrypt contents to secure data: Hi, I'm trying to lock my folder and tried applying some advanced settings. However, I'm unable to select the option 'Encrypt contents to secure data' in the advanced attributes. Please find attached the screenshot. Please let me know how I can change these settings. Thank...
  6. Encrypt Contents to secure data button IS NOT AVAILABLE on WINDOWS 10. I tried a solution...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encrypt Contents to secure data button IS NOT AVAILABLE on WINDOWS 10. I tried a solution...: Encrypt Contents to secure data button IS NOT AVAILABLE on WINDOWS 10. I tried a solution as mentioned in one of the Threads Windows+R , regedit..but it does not work- other users too have mentioned that this solutions does not work. Why does Microsoft make things so...
  7. Encrypt Contents to secure data button IS NOT AVAILABLE on WINDOWS 10. I tried a solution...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypt Contents to secure data button IS NOT AVAILABLE on WINDOWS 10. I tried a solution...: Encrypt Contents to secure data button IS NOT AVAILABLE on WINDOWS 10. I tried a solution as mentioned in one of the Threads Windows+R , regedit..but it does not work- other users too have mentioned that this solutions does not work. Why does Microsoft make things so...
  8. Encrypt Contents to secure data button IS NOT AVAILABLE on WINDOWS 10. I tried a solution...

9. Bitlocker hardware encrypted data drive not unlocked on hibernation wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker hardware encrypted data drive not unlocked on hibernation wake up: Hello, I've enabled bitlocker hardware-encryption for a volume on a secondary drive. Now, whenever my laptop wakes up from hibernation, the locked volume on the secondary drive isn't unlocked and becomes impossible to unlock. Issuing manage-bde commands manually reports...
  10. Bitlocker hardware encrypted data drive not unlocked on hibernation wake up

Bitlocker hardware encrypted data drive not unlocked on hibernation wake up: Hello, I've enabled bitlocker hardware-encryption for a volume on a secondary drive. Now, whenever my laptop wakes up from hibernation, the locked volume on the secondary drive isn't unlocked and becomes impossible to unlock. Issuing manage-bde commands manually reports...