Windows 10: How Do I Enter winRE With My PIN?

Discus and support How Do I Enter winRE With My PIN? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So Im currently having an issue with my computer regarding a CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, and im trying to get into backup/restore my drive. The problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JakeS.2, May 27, 2021.

1. JakeS.2 Win User

How Do I Enter winRE With My PIN?

So Im currently having an issue with my computer regarding a CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, and im trying to get into backup/restore my drive. The problem is that I never setup a password but instead PIN. How do I fix this?

:)

JakeS.2, May 27, 2021
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, May 27, 2021
  3. Kupuna Win User
    Can't enter PIN for Headset

I'm grateful for your replies. I obviously haven't done a good job of explaining. Here are snips of the windows involved. I have done all the steps suggested, but I can't directly enter the PIN in the larger window. That seems to be my only problem. Plantronics hasn't answered yet, but I'll hope they come through.

How Do I Enter winRE With My PIN? [​IMG]

How Do I Enter winRE With My PIN? [​IMG]

Kupuna, May 27, 2021
  4. How Do I Enter winRE With My PIN?

How to log in using PIN without pressing ENTER?

Hi Balázs,

There several reasons that may cause the issue. We suggest you check the setting on your computer by following these steps to help us in resolving the issue:

• From the Start menu, click Settings or the gear icon.
    • Go to Account settings.
    • Click the Sign-in options.
    • Make sure that Password option is disabled or removed for you to use only the PIN without you hitting the Enter key.

Let us know if this helps.

Kristine Som, May 27, 2021
Thema:

How Do I Enter winRE With My PIN?

1. How Do I Enter winRE With My PIN? - Similar Threads - Enter winRE PIN

2. How do I get my WinRe back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my WinRe back?: I have a laptop running on Windows 11 version 22H2.About a year ago, I dual-booted by laptop with Linux Ubuntu as the other OS. Two days ago, I then decided to delete my Linux dual-boot. This meant deleting the disk partition that I created for it I reserved around 120 GB for...
  3. How do I get my WinRe back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my WinRe back?: I have a laptop running on Windows 11 version 22H2.About a year ago, I dual-booted by laptop with Linux Ubuntu as the other OS. Two days ago, I then decided to delete my Linux dual-boot. This meant deleting the disk partition that I created for it I reserved around 120 GB for...
  4. how do i enter winRE when my laptop boots up in a loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i enter winRE when my laptop boots up in a loop: I don't know what to do anymore. My laptop is really old, i literally can't do anything without 1 error. All of that started when after changing my Microsoft username - Windows folder name didn't change, so i found some tutorials, did everything that i should, and after...
  5. how do i enter winRE when my laptop boots up in a loop

how do i enter winRE when my laptop boots up in a loop: I don't know what to do anymore. My laptop is really old, i literally can't do anything without 1 error. All of that started when after changing my Microsoft username - Windows folder name didn't change, so i found some tutorials, did everything that i should, and after...
  6. how do i enter winRE when my laptop boots up in a loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Bypassing bootim.exe and entering WinRE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bypassing bootim.exe and entering WinRE: When I hold the shift key and click restart my PC goes straight to a restart and puts me into WinRE. This is frustrating as only bootim.exe has the option to boot into safe mode. I was just wondering does anyone know how to fix this?...
  8. Bypassing bootim.exe and entering WinRE

Bypassing bootim.exe and entering WinRE: When I hold the shift key and click restart my PC goes straight to a restart and puts me into WinRE. This is frustrating as only bootim.exe has the option to boot into safe mode. I was just wondering does anyone know how to fix this?...
  9. Attempting to enter winRE broke my computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Attempting to enter winRE broke my computer: My computer was stuck at the black loading screen after it bluescreened so I was advised to attempt to enter winRE by hard shutting down and restarting several times. After doing so three times the computer once again went to the black loading screen and then shut itself...
  10. How to enter safe mode in WINre ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enter safe mode in WINre ?: I cannot enter safe mode by using WINre by using Startup Settings even though I have tried pressing 5 and F5 it keeps showing the error Critical Process Died...