Windows 10: How do I erase a CD/DVD?

Discus and support How do I erase a CD/DVD? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I came across a few cd's with some photos and music on it. I copied all of the photos to my usb stick and I was wondering how to erase the files on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LopsidedChildhood55, Jun 28, 2020.

1. How do I erase a CD/DVD?

I came across a few cd's with some photos and music on it. I copied all of the photos to my usb stick and I was wondering how to erase the files on the CD.

I would also like to know if there is anyway I can copy the music from the cd onto my computer.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/LopsidedChildhood55
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LopsidedChildhood55, Jun 28, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

How to erase a CD?

Hi Jeannie,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you want to erase a CD. I will surely help you with this.

To understand the issue better, let me know if you are trying to erase a rewritable disc?

If yes, you may follow these steps to erase a rewritable disc:

a. Insert the disc in CD drive.

b. Right-click on the drive and select
    Erase this disc.

c. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 28, 2020
  3. how do i erase a cd so it can be used again

how do i erase a cd so it can be used again

GregoryWilliams3, Jun 28, 2020
  4. How do I erase a CD/DVD?

How to Erase/Format a Write Protected CD-R on Windows 10

update: i ended up smashing it with a hammer as it would not snap and i don’t have a shredder.

I have an old CD-R that I found and when I went to try to erase the contents of the disc, it said it was write protected. Is there a way to undo the write protect and erase the contents? I tried the Registry solution and that didn't work. I looked at the
    DiskPart solution, but my CD-R didn't appear in the list disk. Both Disk 0 and Disk 1 were too large of capacity to be the CD-R. I think 0 was the hard drive and 1 was the backup external drive. I did find the DVD-Rom drive in the list volume and it was Volume

So, what is the best way to get the contents of my CD-R erased? I don't care about using it again... it's going to be recycled if I can removed the contents.

Thanks for any suggestions or solutions.

TexasChick, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

How do I erase a CD/DVD?

1. How do I erase a CD/DVD? - Similar Threads - erase DVD

2. Newly bought Windows 11 64BIT English 1PK DSP OEI DVD - PRODUCT KEY IS BEING ERASED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly bought Windows 11 64BIT English 1PK DSP OEI DVD - PRODUCT KEY IS BEING ERASED: Dear Microsoft Support Team,Can you please help me regarding this matter?I bought "WIN PRO 11 64BIT ENGLISH 1PK DSP OEI DVD" but the other part of the License key was erased.What do I need to present?Thank you,...
  3. Newly bought Windows 11 64BIT English 1PK DSP OEI DVD - PRODUCT KEY IS BEING ERASED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newly bought Windows 11 64BIT English 1PK DSP OEI DVD - PRODUCT KEY IS BEING ERASED: Dear Microsoft Support Team,Can you please help me regarding this matter?I bought "WIN PRO 11 64BIT ENGLISH 1PK DSP OEI DVD" but the other part of the License key was erased.What do I need to present?Thank you,...
  4. Newly bought Windows 11 64BIT English 1PK DSP OEI DVD - PRODUCT KEY IS BEING ERASED.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly bought Windows 11 64BIT English 1PK DSP OEI DVD - PRODUCT KEY IS BEING ERASED.: I bought last week my Windows 11 and then I install it in our office after that when I'm about to activate using the product key I've noticed some erasure in the letters. How do I activate the windows when the product key is incomplete.Please someone help me here....
  5. Newly bought Windows 11 64BIT English 1PK DSP OEI DVD - PRODUCT KEY IS BEING ERASED.

Newly bought Windows 11 64BIT English 1PK DSP OEI DVD - PRODUCT KEY IS BEING ERASED.: I bought last week my Windows 11 and then I install it in our office after that when I'm about to activate using the product key I've noticed some erasure in the letters. How do I activate the windows when the product key is incomplete.Please someone help me here....
  6. My DVD-RW no longer be usable after erasing the disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My DVD-RW no longer be usable after erasing the disc: Hello,So last night I just found a DVD-RW and I did the "erase the disc". After that, I clicked on the drive, and it said how I wanted to use my DVD. I clicked the "Like USB Flash Drive". And it was formatting. After the format bar was full, it said that Windows cannot...
  7. My DVD-RW no longer be usable after erasing the disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My DVD-RW no longer be usable after erasing the disc: Hello,So last night I just found a DVD-RW and I did the "erase the disc". After that, I clicked on the drive, and it said how I wanted to use my DVD. I clicked the "Like USB Flash Drive". And it was formatting. After the format bar was full, it said that Windows cannot...
  8. My DVD-RW no longer be usable after erasing the disc

9. DVD+RW not working after incorrect erase

DVD+RW not working after incorrect erase: I'll spare you the details, so basically I was erasing a dvd+rw disc in my drive, however my power flickered which turned off the pc mid-erase. Now when i try to do anything, nothing happens. I put it in my drive, and it detects no disc. I've tried my other external drive and...
  10. DVD+RW not working after incorrect erase

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD+RW not working after incorrect erase: I'll spare you the details, so basically I was erasing a dvd+rw disc in my drive, however my power flickered which turned off the pc mid-erase. Now when i try to do anything, nothing happens. I put it in my drive, and it detects no disc. I've tried my other external drive and...