Windows 10: How do I erase my PC for sale?

Discus and support How do I erase my PC for sale? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I'm trying to sell my alienware x51 as I no longer use it anymore . I've been trying to go into settings and doing a factory reset, but it keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DarthRaider95, Jun 27, 2020.

1. How do I erase my PC for sale?

So I'm trying to sell my alienware x51 as I no longer use it anymore .

I've been trying to go into settings and doing a factory reset, but it keeps getting stuck . It got stuck at 99% the first time and now it's stuck at 41 %.

Is there any other way I can safely delete everything so I can sell it?

Can I just format the hard drive and install windows with a USB?

submitted by /u/DarthRaider95
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DarthRaider95, Jun 27, 2020

2. how do I erase all contents and settings?

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to resolve your issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. What do you mean when you state "erase all my contents and settings"?

2. Do you want your PC to return to the original OS or do you want to install Windows 10 with everything erased?

If you wish to remove/erase all the data from Windows 10 OS I would suggest that you perform Reset with Remove Everything. This will erase all your personal files, folders and settings, and will return the PC in its original state. Follow
    steps below:

1. Click on the Start Menu and then select Settings.

2. Click on Update and Security and then click on the Recovery located on the left menu pane.

3. Then click on the Reset this PC button.

4. Choose the options that you wish and click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 27, 2020
  3. p_o_s_pc Win User
    Finally! An alternative to eraser...

it looks much cleaner then the eraser so that is a big step up.

p_o_s_pc, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Wingo101 Win User

How do I erase my PC for sale?

How do I overclock my system?

Can somebody please tell me step by step, how I can overclock my CPU to get good results but still a very stable system.

Have a look at my specs.

Wingo101, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

How do I erase my PC for sale?

1. How do I erase my PC for sale? - Similar Threads - erase sale

2. MS Paint secondary color is broken. Eraser and transparent select are white after changing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint secondary color is broken. Eraser and transparent select are white after changing...: Note to moderators: I was FORCED to miscategorize this post because paint was NOT a valid category, and your service will not let me post this without categorization. And so I categorized it as "Windows -> Windows 11 -> Windows update", because that was the most generic...
  3. MS Paint secondary color is broken. Eraser and transparent select are white after changing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Paint secondary color is broken. Eraser and transparent select are white after changing...: Note to moderators: I was FORCED to miscategorize this post because paint was NOT a valid category, and your service will not let me post this without categorization. And so I categorized it as "Windows -> Windows 11 -> Windows update", because that was the most generic...
  4. Can I erase all files from my windows partition, then paste all files from old windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I erase all files from my windows partition, then paste all files from old windows...: Recently I found myself regreting that I did reset my windows 11 since I had lots of usefull software on it and I configured it to the last detail. I have an older ssd that has the backup windows install I was copying my old ssd partitions to the new one. But there is a...
  5. Can I erase all files from my windows partition, then paste all files from old windows...

Can I erase all files from my windows partition, then paste all files from old windows...: Recently I found myself regreting that I did reset my windows 11 since I had lots of usefull software on it and I configured it to the last detail. I have an older ssd that has the backup windows install I was copying my old ssd partitions to the new one. But there is a...
  6. Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data: I reset my Surface running Windows 11 to factory default state, but I'm seeing contents ie. personal folders, and files that I thought should not be there after resetting. I'm trying to understand why this is happening and how I can truly reset to a factory default state. Any...
  7. Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data

Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data: I reset my Surface running Windows 11 to factory default state, but I'm seeing contents ie. personal folders, and files that I thought should not be there after resetting. I'm trying to understand why this is happening and how I can truly reset to a factory default state. Any...
  8. fully erased Sager NP7880PNP reboot not letting me download drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fully erased Sager NP7880PNP reboot not letting me download drivers.: so I bought this sager NP7880PNP used and when I open it everything is gone OS and drivers, so I make a boot USB to fix it I make it to the drivers I try to install a driver to a USB to test it and it says "no signed devices were found. make sure that the installation media...
  9. fully erased Sager NP7880PNP reboot not letting me download drivers.

fully erased Sager NP7880PNP reboot not letting me download drivers.: so I bought this sager NP7880PNP used and when I open it everything is gone OS and drivers, so I make a boot USB to fix it I make it to the drivers I try to install a driver to a USB to test it and it says "no signed devices were found. make sure that the installation media...
  10. fully erased Sager NP7880PCP reboot not letting me download drivers.

fully erased Sager NP7880PCP reboot not letting me download drivers.: so I bought this sager NP7880pcp used and when I open it everything is gone OS and drivers, so I make a boot USB to fix it I make it to the drivers I try to install a driver to a USB to test it and it says "no signed devices were found. make sure that the installation media...