Windows 10: How do i execute a task when system goes into standby

Discus and support How do i execute a task when system goes into standby in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 64 Pro, for a HTPC. i need to run a simple batch script whenever system goes into standby. I've tried the event trigger... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Stricko, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Stricko Win User

How do i execute a task when system goes into standby

Running Windows 10 64 Pro, for a HTPC.

i need to run a simple batch script whenever system goes into standby. I've tried the event trigger Kernal-Power 42 approach, but although the script starts, it doesn't finish before the system goes to sleep.

Its not practical to manually run a script which includes standby, as i shut it down either from within an app or from a remote.

Ive also tried an app called Hibernate Trigger which works ok, but seems to lose its parameters when you restart.

:)

Stricko, Mar 31, 2020

2. Execute a command from SCCM Task sequence step "Run a Command line"

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

That will work indeed, however I need to run it from the SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step and I am not able to figure out how to do that.

Can we change line while executing command from SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step?

Regards

sccm_learner, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ??

Please take a picture of the other port on your Monitor, it is Benq but you didn't list model number.

Your PC has HDMI and your monitor likely DVI.

You can get and HDMI to DVI cable and your resolution will improve a great deal.

List HDMI

How do i execute a task when system goes into standby [​IMG]

Caledon Ken, Mar 31, 2020
  4. How do i execute a task when system goes into standby

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

How do i execute a task when system goes into standby

1. How do i execute a task when system goes into standby - Similar Threads - execute task system

2. how do i enable modern standby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i enable modern standby: Dear Microsoft Support,I am writing to inquire about enabling Modern Standby on my Windows device. I understand that Modern Standby offers benefits like faster wake times and background connectivity, but I am unsure how to activate it on my system.I have searched online for...
  3. how do i enable modern standby

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i enable modern standby: Dear Microsoft Support,I am writing to inquire about enabling Modern Standby on my Windows device. I understand that Modern Standby offers benefits like faster wake times and background connectivity, but I am unsure how to activate it on my system.I have searched online for...
  4. Sound goes to 0 when i end task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound goes to 0 when i end task: Hello, I use an asus tuf gaming f15 with windows 11 and realtek audio, i have recently had a problem with my sound, when i close applications/ end task applications such a Discord or Riot vanguard my sound goes to 0. Does anyone have a explanation/solution? Thank you in...
  5. Sound goes to 0 when i end task

Sound goes to 0 when i end task: Hello, I use an asus tuf gaming f15 with windows 11 and realtek audio, i have recently had a problem with my sound, when i close applications/ end task applications such a Discord or Riot vanguard my sound goes to 0. Does anyone have a explanation/solution? Thank you in...
  6. How do I restrict the permission to execute for a user, system-wide?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restrict the permission to execute for a user, system-wide?: I have just installed a new Windows 11 and I want to be very strict about allowing my user to execute programs. This is an experiment to get less dependent on an antivirus. I want to allow the user to execute only specific programs that I specify somehow somewhere, or...
  7. How do I restrict the permission to execute for a user, system-wide?

How do I restrict the permission to execute for a user, system-wide?: I have just installed a new Windows 11 and I want to be very strict about allowing my user to execute programs. This is an experiment to get less dependent on an antivirus. I want to allow the user to execute only specific programs that I specify somehow somewhere, or...
  8. How to execute a task when a registry key changes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to execute a task when a registry key changes?: A specific registry key seems to reset randomly for no reason, so I've been trying to get it to revert back to my configuration every time it changes. But I can't figure out how to set it as an event in the task scheduler. submitted by /u/Gollsbean [link] [comments]...
  9. How to keep resolution even when monitor goes to standby

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to keep resolution even when monitor goes to standby: Hi everyone, what to add to registry so resolution of the desktop stays same even when monitor go to sleep mode = windows can't detect it and change resolution of output to 800x600 which causes disorder of icons and allocation of all the windows in the top left corner. I...
  10. Laptop goes to standby when screen turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop goes to standby when screen turns off: Dear community, I am experiencing an issue where the laptop goes to standby every time the screen turns off. If "Never" is set for "Turn off the display", then the laptop does not go to standby but also the screen stays on. But if the "Put the computer to sleep" is set to...