Windows 10: How do I exit safemode even if it cant accept my password?

Discus and support How do I exit safemode even if it cant accept my password? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I tried accessing safemode but now I can't exit it and whats worse is that its not accepting my password so I'm stuck at the sign in, I tried to reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by krunos kandt, Nov 20, 2022.

1. How do I exit safemode even if it cant accept my password?

I tried accessing safemode but now I can't exit it and whats worse is that its not accepting my password so I'm stuck at the sign in, I tried to reset the PC and its still on safemode, can anyone help me?* Moved from Community Center

:)

krunos kandt, Nov 20, 2022

2. Windows not booting normally, only safemode and password not accepting to work in safemode

First of, I will provide complete information here so please read fully before providing suggestions so that no ones time is wasted by suggesting things that have already been tried.

Okay, as subject states, I am stuck at windows 10 64 bit safemode login ( with no password accepting so still at login screen) and no matter what I try, I cant get to normal login. (Hp envy 15 laptop with no networking port).

How did I get here?

I was trying to install a program or something when it asked me to boot to safemode and I accepted and now I am just stuck here.

What have been tried so far:

f8 key for boot option doesnt work.

Tried advanced startup to start in safemode with network by holding shifting and restart click but since laptop doesnt have network port so cant have internet connection with networking cable and wifi is not working so still safe mode is not accepting password.

Tried using cellphone with usb tethering mode to provide internet so that my microsoft password may be accepted but tethering connection doesnt work either.

Tried booting into command prompt or system recovery but that too asks for password and not accepting it.

I didnt have a local account ever since using laptop. So no local password exists and I have tried all the passwords that I could have used if there existed any local account but nothing was accepted.

Please help me without letting me reinstall my OS as it was preinstalled and I dont have seperate product key plus I cant start from the scratch.

Thanks

ShujjaHaider, Nov 20, 2022
  3. Ianchai2 Win User
    Can't exit from safemode

I am not too good with my english and dont have much knowledge of technology , so bear with me.

I was trying to fix a screen flicker, i went to google search on how to fix it and the first step was to enter safe mode, i followed the steps on how to enter and i used the (window key+ R key) method i followed the step and click on safe boot with minimal
    option and click "ok".

I was in safemode afterwards, and apparently i can't log in with my normal login password, so i tried restarting the computer as the info said that i can exit by simply restarting, but im back in safemode.

I went to youtube to search on how to exit safemode, it says ill need to go to command prompt and ill need to type in a command and so on, i went to the command prompt using the (shift + restart) , after the computer rebooted and brought me to the command
    prompt i was told to login, i typed in all the password i know and i still cant login, i went to the microsoft website using my phone to reset my password and retry, it still doesnt work.

So i thought i might need internet on the computer so that i can type in the new password in, i went to startup setting with the (shift + restart) and i tried to enable safe mode with networking, it restarted and it is back to the safemode log in page
    i tried connecting to a network but the only option is to turn on airplane mode, i was confuse and i ask my friend, he told me to go to the command prompt through the startup setting by pressing f6 but im still back to the normal safemode login and nothing
    happened.

Pls help. Thank you

Ianchai2, Nov 20, 2022
  4. Rose Ter Win User

How do I exit safemode even if it cant accept my password?

Windows 10 Password problem in safemode

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages aside from password incorrect?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far, after being stuck in safemode sign in screen?
    • What are you trying to do when you enter safemode with networking through msconfig?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Nov 20, 2022
Thema:

How do I exit safemode even if it cant accept my password?

1. How do I exit safemode even if it cant accept my password? - Similar Threads - exit safemode cant

2. Can't exit from safemode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't exit from safemode: I am not too good with my english and dont have much knowledge of technology , so bear with me. I was trying to fix a screen flicker, i went to google search on how to fix it and the first step was to enter safe mode, i followed the steps on how to enter and i used the...
  3. Safemode and password not working

Safemode and password not working: I put my laptop into safe mode while trying to run some checks it asks for my password which is incorrect apparently tried everything from ctrl and restart but keeps asking for my password before it takes another action, I have alot of music and photos which I'm not willing...
  4. Cannot exit safemode and forgot password

Cannot exit safemode and forgot password: Hello, So I went in for msconfid setting and upon restart it has gone into safe mode and I dont remember the password. I tried shift+restart and opted for safe mode with networking or safe mode with command prompt but nothing seemed to work Everything I do seems to...
  5. Safemode Password Incorrect - Even when changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safemode Password Incorrect - Even when changed: Hello helpers, This is started when safemode deleting drivers through DDU. When I first reset in safe mode I didn't know my password, had to work my way to repair - CMD and turn off safemode to log in normally using my Pin. I changed my password in settings, tried again...
  6. Forgot my password in safemode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forgot my password in safemode: Hi. I tried to reinstall my graphics drivers and rebooted accidentally to some safemode. I've allways used the pin to sign in but there's no option for that. No option for resetting password or anything. My pc doesent connect to internet even its through LAN. I changed my Ms...
  7. I am stuck in safemode even though I know my password. When I try to start in safemode with...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am stuck in safemode even though I know my password. When I try to start in safemode with...: Hello, I was trying to replace my GPU when I had to load Windows in safe mode to remove the drivers. I could not remember my password oh, and I usually use a PIN. I changed the password on my Microsoft account through my phone and it still will work with that password. I...
  8. How do I get out of safemode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get out of safemode: How do I get out of safemode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-out-of-safemode/b495779a-3106-4d57-8183-b545db083396
  9. Windows not booting normally, only safemode and password not accepting to work in safemode

Windows not booting normally, only safemode and password not accepting to work in safemode: First of, I will provide complete information here so please read fully before providing suggestions so that no ones time is wasted by suggesting things that have already been tried. Okay, as subject states, I am stuck at windows 10 64 bit safemode login ( with no password...
  10. Exiting safemode

in Windows 10 Support
    Exiting safemode: I used crotona(sorry if thats wrong) to get to msconfig, changed boot mode to safe & now that i did what i had to i cant get msconfig back. I type in crotona box now but it doesnt respond... HELP!!!!!!! 55894