Windows 10: How do I expand my "C" drive with a new created volume?

Discus and support How do I expand my "C" drive with a new created volume? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A piece I didn't see discussed here is that your "New Volume" shows as an actual formatted partition. If you were going to move C: over to the left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cornishman, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Word Man Win User

How do I expand my "C" drive with a new created volume?

A piece I didn't see discussed here is that your "New Volume" shows as an actual formatted partition. If you were going to move C: over to the left (with MiniTool, for instance), you would need to delete the 800 MB partition first, creating unallocated space. It may be moot since you may not do it but I thought I'd just mention the missing step.

Word Man, Oct 4, 2015
  2. NavyLCDR New Member

I have a little bit of CDO - that's just like OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be. That 800 MB empty space would be bugging me like a little child in the back seat on a long trip saying, "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? When are we going to get there? Are we there yet?" ;-)

and burned out light bulbs - and I deploy on ships with tens of thousands of fluorescent tubes.
    How do I expand my "C" drive with a new created volume? [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Oct 4, 2015
  3. I've put the volume back in the "E" drive for now.
    Just seems like a waste inside the boot partition, even if it's only 1Gb.

Cornishman, Oct 4, 2015
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Yup, it is a waste, mine are a lot smaller. But whatever makes you feel happy. *Smile

OldMike65, Oct 4, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    I've never had MiniTool Partition Wizard corrupt data yet on anything I have told it to do and I like to play around with my systems a lot. Shrink a partition, make a new partition to try something new, delete the test partition, expand the system partition back again. And I've always just install MiniTool Partition Wizard as a program in Windows and have never bothered booting from it. Partition Wizard just gives you a notification that it has to reboot to accomplish work on the system partition and when I reboot it does it's thing before rebooting back into Windows.

But there is always the possibility of an unforeseen event like a power loss, or more likely telling Partition Wizard to do the wrong thing.

With Partition Wizard it would have been just as easy to add the unallocated space to C: drive as it was to add it to E: drive. Just would have required a reboot and some more time.

NavyLCDR, Oct 4, 2015
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Strange that I seem to agree with NavyLCDR a lot lately. He is right bty. Done the same thing myself a few times, only difference I do it from my MiniTool bootdisk, cause it makes ME feel comfy ... lol

OldMike65, Oct 4, 2015
  7. Well I bit the bullet and gave it a go, just out of curiosity.
    Did an image backup.
    Opened disk manager and shrank back about 900Mb from "E" (boot partition)
    Installed MiniTool partion and in under a minute, put the 900Mb into my "C" drive.
    Thanks OldMike65!
    Before

After

Cornishman, Oct 4, 2015
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Well DONE sir!!!!!!!! Whats the fun of having a computer if we don't play with the settings, and tweak our computers!! Besides whatever program or OS made that 2 gig partition was wrong!!! Mine is 450mgs and windows 10 made it, from a fresh install. Also made 2 other partitions besides my primary, which still don't come to 1 gig combined! glad you decided to "bite the bullet" again, Good Job!! *Thumbs*Thumbs

OldMike65, Oct 4, 2015
  9. Thanks again OldMike65, I've learnt a couple of things in this post, and the Minitool partition is a handy little program to keep.
    *Smile

Cornishman, Oct 4, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    And wipe out your entire operating system a couple of times in the process How do I expand my "C" drive with a new created volume? :) or at the very least get the "no operating system found" message.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I expand my "C" drive with a new created volume? - Similar Threads - expand drive created

2. Expand C Drive partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expand C Drive partition: I am running Windows 10 on a Dell Latitude 3540 laptop. It has a 480GB SSD fitted, partitioned as C: & E:. There is about 20GB free of 220GB on C: and about 160GB free of 200GB on E:. In Computer Management, the two partitions are adjacent and there is no unallocated...
  3. Expanding C: drive

Expanding C: drive: Hi,I am running out of space on my C: Drive-and I have tried and searched the internet wisdom, but all answers apply to cases where everything is on the same diskI have 2 separate discs that's how computer came with my purchase-It seems I cannot move allocated partition from...
  4. New C Drive Users was created and is now the default. How do I change this?

New C Drive Users was created and is now the default. How do I change this?: I recently had to fix a problem of black screen error. To fix it, I had to try multiple methods of fixing it. Somewhere along the way, the machine got fixed, but my C drive created a new user. If my normal User is C/Users/Bob, then the added user is C/Users/Bob.LAPTOP. I...
  5. Expanding volume of my C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Expanding volume of my C drive: My C drive is full. I have an empty D drive. I have a ton of unallocated space behind the D drive. Has anyone figured out how to get the unallocated storage into my C drive? I tried to delete the D drive, but that isn't allowed. I'm about at wit's end here and would...
  6. Can't create new volume or expand existing volume out of unallocated space.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't create new volume or expand existing volume out of unallocated space.: [ATTACH] Hello, I just can't stand it anymore. I'm so annoyed and pissed. So I have these partitions and I want to expand my D drive (named "Hitachi") by the 466,28 GB unallocated space. The thing is I can't - "Not enought space to complete this operation", something...
  7. How do I move this unallocated volume to the right of my E: Drive to be able to expand it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I move this unallocated volume to the right of my E: Drive to be able to expand it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SlaynXav [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e59rhc/how_do_i_move_this_unallocated_volume_to_the/
  8. How To Expand C Drive

How To Expand C Drive: I would like to expand my C drive ... all I need is an extra 8 GB. :) I can delete the New Volume (and recreate it) but that does not give me the option to expand my C drive. I have attempted to use Easeus to no avail. Any other suggestions? Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  9. How can I create Unallocated space with my OS (C) drive and create a new drive in Disk 0?

How can I create Unallocated space with my OS (C) drive and create a new drive in Disk 0?: [ATTACH] I want to have 700 GB in my new created drive example E or F how would I do this exactly? To create the drive and so on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-create-unallocated-space-with-my-os-c/aba5ed6e-311e-44f8-945c-653cb790f09a"
  10. Expanding C: drive with File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Expanding C: drive with File Explorer: I need to replace the personal.xlsb file to my Excel XLSTART folder on my C: Drive but I do not seem to bore down to XLSTART using file explorer. If I go to this pc and choose C: then Users, then my user name I get only such things a Documents, Favorites, One Drive, etc. I...