Windows 10: How do I export my folders from Firefox to MS Edge

Discus and support How do I export my folders from Firefox to MS Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Look at Thread Tools at the top right of this thread. See if it offers Subscribe or Unsubscribe. If Unsubscribe, go to Settings at the top right of the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Fred22, Apr 14, 2017.

1. How do I export my folders from Firefox to MS Edge

Look at Thread Tools at the top right of this thread. See if it offers Subscribe or Unsubscribe. If Unsubscribe, go to Settings at the top right of the window. Look for subscriptions there and you can change notifications there.

Wiley Coyote, Apr 15, 2017
  2. Fred22 Win User

I just got your message in my gmail account, so apparently It's set to receive notifications but I'll check RE your suggestion. Thanks for your assistance. Now if I could find my folders I'd be all set.

Fred22, Apr 15, 2017
  3. Having Favorites pinned to the screen and showing, keep poking around in Settings. They're there somewhere.

4. Fred22 Win User

How do I export my folders from Firefox to MS Edge

I've looked from top to bottom and not only could I not find the Firefox folders but the folders that I spent hours setting up are gone too. Very puzzling indeed.

Fred22, Apr 15, 2017
  5. We've exhausted my abilities here. Someone will come along and send you in the right direction.

6. Fred22 Win User
    I found them! Someone told me to "poke" around in settings, which I did and all folders (Firefox and my other Edge folders) appeared. Thanks guys...my day is made.

Fred22, Apr 15, 2017
  7. I told you. But no, you wouldn't believe me. LOL *Roflmao2

Glad you got them. Now back them up some place safe.

This won't prevent you loosing them again, but it will put them some place safe. This is a line out of a batch file I regularly run to "backup" the favorites:

XCopy "C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\Use r\De fault\DataStore\*.*" "E:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\Use r\De fault\DataStore\*.*" /v/s/m/y

You can modify the path to suit your system. The command does have to all be on one line. Heck put them on a flash drive if nothing else. Hope this offers some use.

8. AndreTen Win User

in snipping tool, select delay (3 seconds will do) and then you have 3 sec to click on list, when snipping tool becomes active, list will stay

favorites folders are in "Favorites menu"... click on that star and select favorites (you have history and downloads there also).

How do I export my folders from Firefox to MS Edge [​IMG]

AndreTen, Apr 15, 2017
  9. Great you got your folders.

Thought I would comment on Notifications. Every so often I've noticed that I don't get a notification so as to not miss any I click on Settings (heading at the top of the tenforum page beside logout). Any thread you are active on that has had an update will be listed at the top of this page.

I also notice that on some threads I get multiple notifications where you are only supposed to get one and no further notifications until you return to the thread.

I identified this but we thought it might just be my mail system. Seems it is wider spread.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I export my folders from Firefox to MS Edge - Similar Threads - export folders Firefox

2. How do I change default browser from Edge to Firefox

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change default browser from Edge to Firefox: Split from this thread.How do I change default brower from Edge to Fire fox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-default-browser-from-edge-to/bb038e6b-b98f-4544-9bab-29f72433712d
  3. Export/Import Edge folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Export/Import Edge folder: I'm getting ready to move a project from one computer to another one. Is it possible to export 1 folder under _MyFavorites on one computer and import it on another computer? If so how?...
  4. How I export my profile data from a firefox extension?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How I export my profile data from a firefox extension?: How I export my profile data from an extension? An extension I'm using isn't working properly and I'd like to export my data before reinstalling it. It's called onetab. The menu on the top right corner is gone, so how can I export my saved data (or tabs)? [img] PS. Going...
  5. Copying favorites from Firefox to MS Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Copying favorites from Firefox to MS Edge: Have just this last week upgraded/updated to W10 from the MS site itself. (Version 1909) (yep, the free offer from them is still there, you just got to know how to download it!). I'm messing around at the moment with this "new" Microsoft Edge. By the way, l can still access...
  6. how do I make Firefox my default browser and not Edge?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I make Firefox my default browser and not Edge?: No matter what I try, I cannot make any other browser my default except for Edge, and I do not want that, and now especially even more because it is denying me!...
  7. How Do I Import Passwords and History From Firefox Into Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How Do I Import Passwords and History From Firefox Into Edge: Hello Everybody, I am a very happy Windows 10 user, and I would like to begin to use Edge more, maybe even as my primary web browser. The problem is that I have been using Firefox for many years and I keep all of passwords and settings and history stored in Firefox, I...
  8. How do I save websites to MS Edge folders

in Browsers and Email
    How do I save websites to MS Edge folders: I've recently had to change my default browser from Firefox to MS Edge. I've imported all my FF folders to Edge, but now am not able to add websites to the folders. I have no problem downloading the website to "Favorites" but I can't get the site to go into the proper folder....
  9. How to export favorites from Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to export favorites from Edge browser: After the "November update" to Windows 10, the Edge browser no longer uses a folder structure to store favorites. Instead, it now uses an Extensible Storage Engine (ESE) database. So, that means you can no longer just do a copy-n-paste in an attempt to export your favorites....
  10. no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites?

in Browsers and Email
    no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites?: no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites including the favorites line in the top? 66205