Windows 10: How do I extend my C: drive? I want to extend my C drive to my E drive so they both have...

Discus and support How do I extend my C: drive? I want to extend my C drive to my E drive so they both have... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, so the picture above is what my disk management looks like. I have a 931GB drive and I kinda want it to be divided into two equal parts. I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Edwxxrd_, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Edwxxrd_ Win User

How do I extend my C: drive? I want to extend my C drive to my E drive so they both have...

Hello, so the picture above is what my disk management looks like. I have a 931GB drive and I kinda want it to be divided into two equal parts. I want it to be 465.5GB on both C and E drives, or you can suggest to me how many GB should be in both drives. I'm kindly asking for instructions on how to increase my C drive storage. Thank you in advance!

:)

Edwxxrd_, Jul 11, 2021

2. extending c drive

hi. my c drive is full.i have loads of space on my e drive.the e drive appears below c drive in disk management and therefore the extend volume tab is greyed out.can anybody please help me to extend my c drive .i downloaded minitool partition wizard but
    when I click on extend c drive,it only gives me the option to take a few hundred mb from recoverythanks

stevechase1, Jul 11, 2021
  3. johnspack Win User
    Can not extend C drive.

See if your drive e shows a shrink volume option, if it does, then just shrink it by the amount you want to add to drive c. Then free space should appear that allows you to extend c. I myself prefer paragon hard disk manager to do stuff like this. I haven't played with vista's extending and shrinking feature yet, but looks like it should work.

johnspack, Jul 11, 2021
  4. Anwille Win User

How do I extend my C: drive? I want to extend my C drive to my E drive so they both have...

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I extend my C: drive? I want to extend my C drive to my E drive so they both have... - Similar Threads - extend drive extend

2. How do I extend my C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I extend my C drive: My Extend Volume is grayed out for the C drive and I tried shrinking the D drive and now have unallocated Space but it’s still grayed out I read that the unallocated space has to be adjacent to it but when i shrink from the D drive to it becomes adjacent to D drive not the c...
  3. How do I extend my C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I extend my C drive: My Extend Volume is grayed out for the C drive and I tried shrinking the D drive and now have unallocated Space but it’s still grayed out I read that the unallocated space has to be adjacent to it but when i shrink from the D drive to it becomes adjacent to D drive not the c...
  4. I can't extend my C: Drive

I can't extend my C: Drive: During the Install of my Windows installation, I decided to make a partition but I forgot to make it into a partition. When I try to make it though Disk Management the "New Simple Volume" is greyed out. I also tried EaseUS Free Partition Manager...
  5. I can't extend my C: Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't extend my C: Drive: During the Install of my Windows installation, I decided to make a partition but I forgot to make it into a partition. When I try to make it though Disk Management the "New Simple Volume" is greyed out. I also tried EaseUS Free Partition Manager...
  6. I can't extend my C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't extend my C drive: As the subject says, I can't extend my C drive. I know that it's because the unallocated space I have isn't directly to the right of the C drive in Disk Management, but that is completely absurd that that would prevent me from adding more space to an existing partition. Can...
  7. I can't extend my C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't extend my C drive: As the subject says, I can't extend my C drive. I know that it's because the unallocated space I have isn't directly to the right of the C drive in Disk Management, but that is completely absurd that that would prevent me from adding more space to an existing partition. Can...
  8. I can't extend my C drive

9. how do i extend the size of my c drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i extend the size of my c drive: How do i extend the size of my c drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-extend-the-size-of-my-c-drive/c8e9ba0c-8e7e-4097-9643-f64e3eb90be9
  10. How do I extend my C drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I extend my C drive?: I have two partitions in my laptop - C (100 gigs) & D (400 gigs). Can I use Win 10 disk management to 'shrink volume' in D say 200 gigs and then use extend volume in C to add the available space to C drive? Do I need to backup my existing data in D and C before performing the...