Windows 10: How do I extend my C: on a Windows 10 guest machine on VMware Fusion for Mac

Discus and support How do I extend my C: on a Windows 10 guest machine on VMware Fusion for Mac in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a guest Windows 10 system on VMware Fusion for Mac version 11.1.1 that is running out of disk space. I want to extend the C: drive by several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GregDepp, Aug 30, 2019.

1. GregDepp Win User

How do I extend my C: on a Windows 10 guest machine on VMware Fusion for Mac

I have a guest Windows 10 system on VMware Fusion for Mac version 11.1.1 that is running out of disk space. I want to extend the C: drive by several GB.

I know how to increase the volume on Fusion, but don't know how to get the Windows instance to see it and expand the drive.

Thoughts how to do this?

Thanks

:)

GregDepp, Aug 30, 2019

2. Migrating Windows 10 to another machine with VMWare Fusion

Hello,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Which Operating System was installed previously on the Machine before you performed free upgrade?

• What exactly are you referring to when you say "I moved my VMware Fusion with Windows 10 to another temporary machine" while your previous operating system worked fine?

• Are you facing this issue with starting Windows 10 or with the activation?
    If you are using VMware application to install Windows 10 which is not getting installed correctly then you may have to contact VMware as they will be able to help you installing Windows 10 with the application

Hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Mrs. Wig Win User
    VMWare Fusion and Windows 3.1

VMWare Fusion seems to be great for running Windows on a Mac.

Can Windows 3.1 be installed and run on it?

Mrs. Wig, Aug 30, 2019
  4. How do I extend my C: on a Windows 10 guest machine on VMware Fusion for Mac

Migrating Windows 10 to another machine with VMWare Fusion

*Thank you for your reply. It worked for me last night after trying it 3 times, it just went in and started working.

I am having to use it on a different computer while my other one is being worked on. The problem was with starting Windows 10 that was already activated.

PryceJoyner, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

How do I extend my C: on a Windows 10 guest machine on VMware Fusion for Mac

1. How do I extend my C: on a Windows 10 guest machine on VMware Fusion for Mac - Similar Threads - extend guest machine

2. How do I extend my C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I extend my C drive: My Extend Volume is grayed out for the C drive and I tried shrinking the D drive and now have unallocated Space but it’s still grayed out I read that the unallocated space has to be adjacent to it but when i shrink from the D drive to it becomes adjacent to D drive not the c...
  3. How do I extend my C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I extend my C drive: My Extend Volume is grayed out for the C drive and I tried shrinking the D drive and now have unallocated Space but it’s still grayed out I read that the unallocated space has to be adjacent to it but when i shrink from the D drive to it becomes adjacent to D drive not the c...
  4. Extend C drive of Windows guest VM in KVM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend C drive of Windows guest VM in KVM: Dear Team,We are using Windows server 2019 Evaluation Trial license -180 days as a KVM based virtual machine. In this VM we are trying to expand the C drive but it's grayed out in "Disk Manager". And I went trough some of the links over internet which says that its been...
  5. Installing Windows 10 pro on VMWare Fusion 11 for Mac OSX

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Windows 10 pro on VMWare Fusion 11 for Mac OSX: I have a windows side of my Mac using VMWare Fusion and it has windows 7 on it. I purchased Windows 10 pro with help from Microsoft and now can't install it. I need help and have searched all over forums and can't get an answer. When I try to install the windows 10 drive it...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade on VMWare Fusion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade on VMWare Fusion: Good day, I currently use Windows 10 Pro v 1803 as a virtual machine under VMWare Fusion 11.5.2. My question is, can I upgrade to Windows 10 or even 11 with a note saying that my license has expired? Thank you in advance. Sincerely, George D. McCallion...
  7. How do I extend my C drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I extend my C drive?: I have two partitions in my laptop - C (100 gigs) & D (400 gigs). Can I use Win 10 disk management to 'shrink volume' in D say 200 gigs and then use extend volume in C to add the available space to C drive? Do I need to backup my existing data in D and C before performing the...
  8. Windows 10 Activation within VMWare Fusion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation within VMWare Fusion: I just moved from using bootcamp on my Mac to virtualizing Windows 10 within VMWare Fusion Pro 11 for my Mac. Windows 10 had the digital activation key in bootcamp but now I cannot get Windows to reactivate since I have reinstalled windows 10 in VMWare. I can see that some of...
  9. Windows 10 Activation within VMWare Fusion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Activation within VMWare Fusion: I just moved from using bootcamp on my Mac to virtualizing Windows 10 within VMWare Fusion Pro 11 for my Mac. Windows 10 had the digital activation key in bootcamp but now I cannot get Windows to reactivate since I have reinstalled windows 10 in VMWare. I can see that some of...
  10. windows 10 on VMware Fusion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 on VMware Fusion: I got a error code 0xc1900208 I can not install windows10 on my iMac with VMware Fusion. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-on-vmware-fusion/52228087-408b-4e14-ac5b-109c56cce8e7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vm fusion extend windows 10 volume