Windows 10: How do I extend the desktop when using dual monitors?

Discus and support How do I extend the desktop when using dual monitors? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What I would like to do is to Connect Two Monitors to my Computer (which I have already done) But how do I display different Content on each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cyberdesigner, Oct 5, 2015.

1. How do I extend the desktop when using dual monitors?

What I would like to do is to Connect Two Monitors to my Computer (which I have already done)

But how do I display different Content on each Monitor.

As an example, I would like one Monitor to display my email all the time while using the other Monitor for normal Surfing

Is this possible?

If so how do I do it?

I have no idea how to do this so non Tech instructions would be appreciated.

:)

Cyberdesigner, Oct 5, 2015

2. How to access the screen sharing to project power point presentation on Windows 10?

Hi,

As per the description I understand that you are facing issues with acing the dual monitor to access the power point presentation on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know what exactly happens when you press Windows key + P to access the dual screen options?

I would like to inform that when you turn on Duplicate screen, the same display will be found on both the monitors.

With Second screen only, you will be able to access the display on the second monitor.

With Extend display you will be able to see extended display of the main desktop on to second desktop.

To know more about this issue, I suggest you to refer to the article by
    Andre Da Costa and check:

How to add and use a second monitor with Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with accessing the duplicate display for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 5, 2015
  3. MMcClung Win User
    Windows 10 - Dual Monitors Won't Duplicate Themed Background

I just switched my secondary monitor to a new HDMI monitor, and now my dual monitor set-up with only show two different backgrounds when I select a theme. How do I correct this so that extending my display also extends the same background on a particular
    theme?

MMcClung, Oct 5, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

How do I extend the desktop when using dual monitors?

How do I extend the desktop when using dual monitors? [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 5, 2015
Thema:

How do I extend the desktop when using dual monitors?

1. How do I extend the desktop when using dual monitors? - Similar Threads - extend desktop using

2. When using Dual Monitor Extended Mode, how do I get a screen saver on one screen and a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When using Dual Monitor Extended Mode, how do I get a screen saver on one screen and a...: I have a screen saver I need to role on one screen and then a blank white screen on the other. It is running from a laptop that is closed. How? Thanks all!Question: When using Dual Monitor Extended Mode, how do I get a screen saver on one screen and a white screen on the...
  3. When using Dual Monitor Extended Mode, how do I get a screen saver on one screen and a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When using Dual Monitor Extended Mode, how do I get a screen saver on one screen and a...: I have a screen saver I need to role on one screen and then a blank white screen on the other. It is running from a laptop that is closed. How? Thanks all!Question: When using Dual Monitor Extended Mode, how do I get a screen saver on one screen and a white screen on the...
  4. Monitor as Extended Desktop?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor as Extended Desktop?: Greetings all, I found a computer that I didn't know I had........hummnn.......It has an ASUS motherboard, win 7, 32bit, as an OS............There is on-board video (PCI type port) which works fine utilizing the typical port (PCI?) from the motherboard. 1).....I want to...
  5. How do i fix my computer freezing when i use dual monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix my computer freezing when i use dual monitors: My laptop has this problem where sometimes when i'm using it together with an external monitor it will suddenly freeze up, but i can still hear audio and move my mouse. Waiting it out hasn't helped and the only way i've managed to unfreeze it without restarting is to press...
  6. How do i fix my computer freezing when i use dual monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i fix my computer freezing when i use dual monitors: My laptop has this problem where sometimes when i'm using it together with an external monitor it will suddenly freeze up, but i can still hear audio and move my mouse. Waiting it out hasn't helped and the only way i've managed to unfreeze it without restarting is to press...
  7. Dual Monitor flickering when extended

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor flickering when extended: So I have bought a PC in July 2020. I have an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with a Radeon 5700 XT. And for some reason when I connect a second display and put it on extended mode it starts to flicker every second until I turn it off again. It works if I use Radeon Eyeinfinty or what ever...
  8. Dual monitor flickering when extended

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor flickering when extended: So I have bought a PC in July 2020. I have an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with a Radeon 5700 XT. And for some reason when I connect a second display and put it on extended mode it starts to flicker every second until I turn it off again. It works if I use Radeon Eyeinfinty (or what ever...
  9. When using Extend monitor, the monitor extended is going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When using Extend monitor, the monitor extended is going to sleep: I need some assistance. I have a new Acer monitor that I hooked to my X1 Carbon Lenovo laptop. When I am in duplicate monitor mode everything works great. However when I put the computer in extend mode, I am having issues. The monitor extends as expected, but if I do not...
  10. Dual display (extended desktop)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual display (extended desktop): difficult to get mouse cursor to go from display 1 to display 2 (set to extended desktop. Cursor stops at right end of display 1 and will only move to display 2 after multiple tries—sometimes taking 2 or 3 minutes....