Windows 10: How do I extend the desktop when using dual monitors?

Discus and support How do I extend the desktop when using dual monitors? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What I would like to do is to Connect Two Monitors to my Computer (which I have already done) But how do I display different Content on each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cyberdesigner, Oct 5, 2015.

1. How do I extend the desktop when using dual monitors?

What I would like to do is to Connect Two Monitors to my Computer (which I have already done)

But how do I display different Content on each Monitor.

As an example, I would like one Monitor to display my email all the time while using the other Monitor for normal Surfing

Is this possible?

If so how do I do it?

I have no idea how to do this so non Tech instructions would be appreciated.

:)

Cyberdesigner, Oct 5, 2015

2. How to access the screen sharing to project power point presentation on Windows 10?

Hi,

As per the description I understand that you are facing issues with acing the dual monitor to access the power point presentation on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know what exactly happens when you press Windows key + P to access the dual screen options?

I would like to inform that when you turn on Duplicate screen, the same display will be found on both the monitors.

With Second screen only, you will be able to access the display on the second monitor.

With Extend display you will be able to see extended display of the main desktop on to second desktop.

To know more about this issue, I suggest you to refer to the article by
    Andre Da Costa and check:

How to add and use a second monitor with Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with accessing the duplicate display for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 5, 2015
  3. MMcClung Win User
    Windows 10 - Dual Monitors Won't Duplicate Themed Background

I just switched my secondary monitor to a new HDMI monitor, and now my dual monitor set-up with only show two different backgrounds when I select a theme. How do I correct this so that extending my display also extends the same background on a particular
    theme?

MMcClung, Oct 5, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

How do I extend the desktop when using dual monitors?

How do I extend the desktop when using dual monitors? [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 5, 2015
Thema:

How do I extend the desktop when using dual monitors?

1. How do I extend the desktop when using dual monitors? - Similar Threads - extend desktop using

2. Notifications Displayed on secondary monitor, when I use 2 monitors in "extended display"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications Displayed on secondary monitor, when I use 2 monitors in "extended display": Hi all, I always use 2 monitors with windows 10 in Extended Display mode and I had never seen this issue that I have now, since last upgrade in windows 10. My problem is: I have extended displays and main monitor (1) is screen laptop, this is marked as "main" like you can...
  3. How to Show Desktop with Dual Monitors

How to Show Desktop with Dual Monitors: I was set up with a new dual monitor system. Under my old system, when I had a remote desktop window on the main window and wanted to back to my tray on that monitor, I simply clicked somewhere in the left monitor and the main monitor showed my desktop with the tray again....
  4. Dual display (extended desktop)

Dual display (extended desktop): difficult to get mouse cursor to go from display 1 to display 2 (set to extended desktop. Cursor stops at right end of display 1 and will only move to display 2 after multiple tries—sometimes taking 2 or 3 minutes....
  5. Wireless Dual Monitors with Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Dual Monitors with Desktop: Looking for some guidance on answering what is probably a basic question. I have a HP desktop with Windows 10. I use two monitors to extend the screen. Currently I'm using cords to connect the monitors to the desktop but want to go wireless. Researching the internet I've...
  6. When I boot my PC, I have to manually extend desktop to 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    When I boot my PC, I have to manually extend desktop to 2nd monitor: no Signal on 1st desktop while boot. what should i do with this problem ? how can windows do this automatically? and can i change my pc monitor to desktop 1 ? because when i Identify display in Settings my pc monitor detected as desktop 2 [ATTACH] 122440
  7. When I boot my PC, I have to manually extend desktop to 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    When I boot my PC, I have to manually extend desktop to 2nd monitor: no Signal on 1st desktop while boot. what should i do with this problem ? how can windows do this automatically? and can i change my pc monitor to desktop 1 ? because when i Identify display in Settings my pc monitor detected as desktop 2 [ATTACH] 122440
  8. how do extend the monitor picture in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do extend the monitor picture in windows 10: how do you extend the monitor picture in windows 10 to fit display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-extend-the-monitor-picture-in-windows-10/d1cef66c-fa1a-4a46-9ae3-95074e35c00f
  9. I need information on using dual monitors

I need information on using dual monitors: I have just set up a second monitor. Been playing around with display settings and Nvidia control panel. I want to use the second monitor in extended mode. Choosing monitor 1 or 2 as primary gives markedly different results (of course) and I find myself rebooting my computer...
  10. How do I use my external monitor

How do I use my external monitor: I paid for a Win 10 upgrade for my Dell Inspiron 6400. First off it wouldn't recognize my laptop as a 64bit computer, which didn't really matter as I have only 2Gb memory anyway. It installed wonderfully quickly and I was able to use my Flatron 24" monitor by just using the...