Windows 10: How do I extend the time the computer logs off due to inactivity?

Discus and support How do I extend the time the computer logs off due to inactivity? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; How do I extend the time the computer logs off due to inactivity?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by charleselmore, Nov 18, 2019.

1. How do I extend the time the computer logs off due to inactivity?

How do I extend the time the computer logs off due to inactivity?

:)

charleselmore, Nov 18, 2019
  2. Feathers Win User

Change log off period

Hi all, I've tried to look through the list of all the tutorials and I've used Google too, to find out how to extend the inactivity period before I get logged out. But all the suggestions talk about screen icons that I don't seem to have.
    My computer is six weeks old and I'm using Windows 10. Can someone please advise? Thank You.

Feathers, Nov 18, 2019
  3. How to extend the time so that the computer doesn't go to sleep mode.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Control Panel.
    • Select Power Options.
    • Select Change Plan settings under the preferred plan
      which you have selected.
    • Under Put the Computer to Sleep, select the time
      to extend or Select Never to keep the PC active.
    • Click Save Changes and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 18, 2019
  4. How do I extend the time the computer logs off due to inactivity?

Outlook 2016 disconnects from Exchange server due to inactivity.

Outlook 2016 seems to disconnect from Exchange server due to inactivity. How can I extend or fix? Currently I am forced to reboot.

Ninebarks Pembroke, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

How do I extend the time the computer logs off due to inactivity?

1. How do I extend the time the computer logs off due to inactivity? - Similar Threads - extend computer logs

2. How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity: Hi, Is there a way to make bluetooth automatically turn off on Windows 11 when it isn't connected to any device for a period of time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-bluetooth-on-inactivity/5b08b37c-46b5-475b-b30e-1d70563426fb
  3. How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity: Hi, Is there a way to make bluetooth automatically turn off on Windows 11 when it isn't connected to any device for a period of time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-bluetooth-on-inactivity/5b08b37c-46b5-475b-b30e-1d70563426fb
  4. How do I log into my computer?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I log into my computer?: Trying to log into computer, couldn’t log in so I changed the password like it recommended. It won’t accept the password, I’ve reset and restarted the computer several times, updated it, waited a day and tried again but it still won’t work. How do I get into my laptop?...
  5. How do I log into my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I log into my computer?: Trying to log into computer, couldn’t log in so I changed the password like it recommended. It won’t accept the password, I’ve reset and restarted the computer several times, updated it, waited a day and tried again but it still won’t work. How do I get into my laptop?...
  6. HOW DO I LOG IN TO THESE PEICE OF **** COMPUTERS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO I LOG IN TO THESE PEICE OF **** COMPUTERS: HI I CANT LOG IN TO THE STUPID MICROSOFT COMPUTER, IVE IMPUT 3 EMAILS INTO THIS DUMPSTER FIRE OF A MACHINE. ITS FOR SCHOOL PLZ HELP, IT SAYS ADD YOUR EMAIL AS AN ALIUS AND WONT LEMMIE SKIP OR ACCEPT ANY EMAIL I PUT IN PLZ HELP...
  7. HOW DO I LOG IN TO THESE PEICE OF **** COMPUTERS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW DO I LOG IN TO THESE PEICE OF **** COMPUTERS: HI I CANT LOG IN TO THE STUPID MICROSOFT COMPUTER, IVE IMPUT 3 EMAILS INTO THIS DUMPSTER FIRE OF A MACHINE. ITS FOR SCHOOL PLZ HELP, IT SAYS ADD YOUR EMAIL AS AN ALIUS AND WONT LEMMIE SKIP OR ACCEPT ANY EMAIL I PUT IN PLZ HELP...
  8. My computer keeps logging me out after inactivity. How do I turn that off?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps logging me out after inactivity. How do I turn that off?: Hi, I'm looking for a way to keep my laptop from logging me out (hence closing all my windows) after I leave it alone for a while. I think I have the same problem discussed in this thread. However, it's possible Microsoft has moved the locations of some of the relevant...
  9. Windows 10 10130 logging off on inactivity?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 10130 logging off on inactivity?: So I recently updated from 10074 to 10030(switched from slow to fast) and my routine would be to use the laptop until midnight and not turn it off when I hit the sack. When I go back to it, it's already in the lock screen, logged off. It's not in that sleep state where you...
  10. How do I turn off extended tiles?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I turn off extended tiles?: How do I turn off extended tiles in Windows Explorer. One of my computers has tiles as the view option when you right click in "devices and drives". the other computer has extended tiles as the option not tiles. I'm not sure how this happened. How do I return to the default...