Windows 10: How do I extract an edition from an ISO so that it will fit on a DVD?

Discus and support How do I extract an edition from an ISO so that it will fit on a DVD? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What do you mean? There are no options to choose if you follow the instructions in Part Five in ISO tutorial Create Windows 10 ISO image from Existing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fjk61011, Sep 16, 2017.

1. fjk61011 Win User

How do I extract an edition from an ISO so that it will fit on a DVD?

fjk61011, Sep 16, 2017
  2. fjk61011 Win User

Made the ISO. Seems to be burning to the DVD.

Original ISO 4,609,476 KB

New ISO 4,149,908 KB.

fjk61011, Sep 16, 2017
  3. Kari Win User
    *Thumbs

4. fjk61011 Win User

Have a glass of uisce beatha on me.

fjk61011, Sep 16, 2017
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Why the need to put on a DVD? If the computer you want to install it on so old it will not boot a USB flash drive?

Just curious.

Ztruker, Sep 17, 2017
  6. fjk61011 Win User
    I've only one USB drive. I want to archive the ISOs and store them on DVDs as well.

fjk61011, Sep 17, 2017
  7. bobkn Win User
    Do you mean dual layer?

bobkn, Sep 17, 2017
  8. bobkn Win User

It's not something I have used, but some third-party burner software allow you to create multi-disk archives. (I don't know whether the Microsoft utilities permit that.)

bobkn, Sep 17, 2017
  9. fjk61011 Win User
    Discovered my DVD drive is Dual Layered

fjk61011, Sep 17, 2017
  10. SIW2 Win User
Thema:

1. How do I extract an edition from an ISO so that it will fit on a DVD? - Similar Threads - extract edition ISO

2. Why does Win10 22H2 ISO not fit on a DVD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Win10 22H2 ISO not fit on a DVD?: This has happened a few times before, where their DVD image is sliiiightly too large to fit on a DVD. So, media creation tool will download it and attempt to burn the DVD but then fail. If it's a requirement that it fit on a DVD, do they not test it to make sure it fits? I...
  3. How do I edit a DVD that is write protected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I edit a DVD that is write protected.: I install windows 10 ISO in a DVD-R 2 years ago for my other PC from my main Desktop.Now I'm trying to clean the DVD up but its not letting me.Also the DVD was 26 GB but its only showing 16 GB used with 0 bytes free in the DVD's properties list, but in my other laptop it...
  4. How do I edit a DVD that is write protected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I edit a DVD that is write protected.: I install windows 10 ISO in a DVD-R 2 years ago for my other PC from my main Desktop.Now I'm trying to clean the DVD up but its not letting me.Also the DVD was 26 GB but its only showing 16 GB used with 0 bytes free in the DVD's properties list, but in my other laptop it...
  5. How do I edit a DVD that is write protected.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Extract specific Windows version from Windows 10 Multiple Edition ISO

in Windows 10 News
    Extract specific Windows version from Windows 10 Multiple Edition ISO: If you download a common version of Windows 10, it will include all the versions of Windows, including Pro, Home, Education, and the N versions. This is by design, so when you use the key, it will activate the right version, or if a custom installer is used, that tool can...
  7. anyone know how to get an iso of 10 that fits on a DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    anyone know how to get an iso of 10 that fits on a DVD: I just tried the media creation tool and it makes a file of 8gb... I want a 32 bit win 10 pro or home that will fit on usb. I have an old Emachines PC that can not boot a usb drive, all it can boot is sata, ide, or cdrom -dvd drives I have an 1809 version 64 bit on a DVD,...
  8. Windows 10 October Update ISO Doesn't Fit on Standard DVD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 October Update ISO Doesn't Fit on Standard DVD: Hello, everyone. I'm running Windows 10 Professional. This morning, I updated my system to the October Update. No problems or issues. But I always like to make a copy of bootable media for updates, just in case. I typically prefer to install Windows 10 updates on a clean PC....
  9. how do I burn a dvd and con press it it to fit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do I burn a dvd and con press it it to fit: how do I con press my video to fit on a 8.5 disk it telling me that it is 12.2ge it is in my doc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-burn-a-dvd-and-con-press-it-it-to-fit/dd255d0f-0707-47c9-aed7-0e86afe5eb65
  10. How to Extract Files from Windows 10 Installation DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Extract Files from Windows 10 Installation DVD: There is a Windows 7 tutorial called Extract Files from Windows 7 Installation DVD and it works great. I need to extract files from a Windows 10 Installation DVD and did not find a tutorial so thought to follow the same process as the Windows 7 tutorial but it fails on...