Windows 10: How do I extract an old Windows App so I can use it in a new version?

Discus and support How do I extract an old Windows App so I can use it in a new version? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am trying to extract this View 3d App in a virtual machine https://i.imgur.com/cdCd9WD.png submitted by /u/yuze_ [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yuze_, Dec 2, 2019.

1. /u/yuze_ Win User

How do I extract an old Windows App so I can use it in a new version?

/u/yuze_, Dec 2, 2019

2. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Dec 2, 2019
  3. pyramid10 Win User
    Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Dec 2, 2019
  4. How do I extract an old Windows App so I can use it in a new version?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

How do I extract an old Windows App so I can use it in a new version?

1. How do I extract an old Windows App so I can use it in a new version? - Similar Threads - extract old App

2. How can I fix this so I can fit everything perfectly into the screen? I used the custom...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I fix this so I can fit everything perfectly into the screen? I used the custom...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sHiR012 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/du4u31/how_can_i_fix_this_so_i_can_fit_everything/
  3. Can I remove windows from an old SSD so that I can use it as a storage drive instead?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I remove windows from an old SSD so that I can use it as a storage drive instead?: Hi, I bought a larger SSD for my computer and installed windows on it, but I would like to use the old smaller SSD that I had been using as my OS disk previously as storage only. My issue is that I don't seem to be able to remove the windows installation that is on it, even...
  4. How do I scan so I can manipulte pictures?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I scan so I can manipulte pictures?: How do I scan pics so I can work with them on my computor I have Epson home 225 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-scan-so-i-can-manipulte-pictures/773c5e80-080b-469b-ad68-8bd49e7ddeb8
  5. I need to move IE and Edge data to a new drive. How can I do so?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need to move IE and Edge data to a new drive. How can I do so?: My windows stopped booting up on my original drive, so I purchased a new one got a fresh install of windows running. I can see all the files on the old drive, just need to move everything over to the new bootable drive. I had the "pickup where you left off" feature on both...
  6. How do I unistall Avira Antivir so I can update windows 10 version 1803

How do I unistall Avira Antivir so I can update windows 10 version 1803: I have Windows 10 and have always had it, but right now my computer says it is trying to install the new version update 1803, and can not until I unistall this Avira Antivir myself. Does anyone know where to find this or where to go to uninstall the antivirus program?...
  7. How do I Add a New Picture to Local Account so it can be seen on the

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I Add a New Picture to Local Account so it can be seen on the: Hey guys I switched to a local account. When I reboot the PC I can't see a picture. It's just a grey icon. How do I get a picture to show there. The only time I see a picture now is if I'm using my Microsoft Account. Thanks ☺ 10627
  8. How do I remove windows old

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I remove windows old: How do I remove windows old thanks in advance [img] 86282
  9. How do I locate/ extract the imagex.exe file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I locate/ extract the imagex.exe file?: To try and keep a long story as short as possible: I'm trying to install Win 10 on an external SSD, which I can boot on my MacBook Pro. To complete the installation I have downloaded: - install.esd and converted it to install.wim - Windows 10 Pro ISO from Microsoft -...
  10. How do I extract an edition from an ISO so that it will fit on a DVD?

How do I extract an edition from an ISO so that it will fit on a DVD?: How do I extract an edition from an ISO so that it will fit on a DVD? 93625