Windows 10: How do I fax a document using the internet rather than a landline?

Discus and support How do I fax a document using the internet rather than a landline? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a wireless phone that does not support faxing. I am wondering what the best method of faxing a document through the internet would be? Do I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alicia J, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Alicia J Win User

How do I fax a document using the internet rather than a landline?

I have a wireless phone that does not support faxing. I am wondering what the best method of faxing a document through the internet would be? Do I need a service? Is it possible to make it a secure document?

I have Microsoft Office Home Edition 2010. I can get as far as having it in the 'pending' but don't know how to proceed from there, or if that is even the best option.

:)

Alicia J, Oct 13, 2018

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Computer powers on when I receive a phone call (landline)

Hi,

To guide you in the right direction, let us know the following:

• What is the exact issue, you are referring to?
    • Is that a dial up connection or broadband?
    • As you mentioned, "U-verse modem wireless", is that for both Landline and Internet or just Internet?
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Oct 13, 2018
  4. John Fer Win User

documents

Hi Richard,

To sort your documents in your File Explorer by date, we suggest following the steps below:

• Type File Explorer in Cortana search box to open File Explorer.
    • Go to the folder that you want to sort.
    • Click on View that is located on the top part of the window.
    • Click on Sort by.
    • Choose Date.

Your files should be sorted by date with this option.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I fax a document using the internet rather than a landline? - Similar Threads - fax document using

2. driver unavailable, saves to PDF rather than print document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver unavailable, saves to PDF rather than print document: Help please. Just recently with my HP envy pro documents don't print. Solution tells me driver unavailable where do I get a driver? I switched out to my old printer a Canon and same message , driver unavailable. I was however able to print a document from my phone to printer...
  3. driver unavailable, saves to PDF rather than print document

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    driver unavailable, saves to PDF rather than print document: Help please. Just recently with my HP envy pro documents don't print. Solution tells me driver unavailable where do I get a driver? I switched out to my old printer a Canon and same message , driver unavailable. I was however able to print a document from my phone to printer...
  4. How is Windows getting harder to use rather than easier

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is Windows getting harder to use rather than easier: I am trying to organize my photos and you barely have enough room to drag to select multiple files without clicking them or hitting the scroll bar. Randomly it copies bunches of them.Sometimes when I am dragging to select them it just starts selecting way more than I want...
  5. How is Windows getting harder to use rather than easier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How is Windows getting harder to use rather than easier: I am trying to organize my photos and you barely have enough room to drag to select multiple files without clicking them or hitting the scroll bar. Randomly it copies bunches of them.Sometimes when I am dragging to select them it just starts selecting way more than I want...
  6. Documents Folder Target OneDrive rather than local

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents Folder Target OneDrive rather than local: I am setting up a new computer. After installing Office 365 Documents and Pictures folders under This PC changed from being directed to C:\Users\"my name" to C:\Users\"my name"\OneDrive. If make Libraries visible and look there both these Documents folders are shown under...
  7. Documents Folder Target OneDrive rather than local

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents Folder Target OneDrive rather than local: I am setting up a new computer. After installing Office 365 Documents and Pictures folders under This PC changed from being directed to C:\Users\"my name" to C:\Users\"my name"\OneDrive. If make Libraries visible and look there both these Documents folders are shown under...
  8. Connecting to the Internet by Wi-Fi rather than ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to the Internet by Wi-Fi rather than ethernet: Recently had a new modem and internet upgrade - under the previous arrangement my computer was connected by ethernet cable. Under the new arrangement I need to connect by wi-fi as the Ethernet is no longer available. Under settings on my computer windows 10 and HP Elitedesk...
  9. How to make Cortana use Google rather than Bing

in Browsers and Email
    How to make Cortana use Google rather than Bing: I found this video on youtube and thought it would help a lot of people. It fixed one of my major problems with windows 10, bing! As much as i love having a search right on the taskbar, bing just does not seem to work with me *Cool! 0eiWh1QOau0 16024
  10. Word Documenent Going to Documents Folder Rather Than Desktop ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Word Documenent Going to Documents Folder Rather Than Desktop ?: Hello, Always something new, I guess. I create a simple document in Word. Tell Windows10 to put it on the desktop. But, lately, it seems to always throw it into the Documents Folder instead. Why ? How can i get it to put it where I select, and want, the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fax without landline windows 10