Windows 10: How Do I Find A Bitlocker Recovery Key I Never Created?

Discus and support How Do I Find A Bitlocker Recovery Key I Never Created? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Our company recently had to reset an almost new computer. Upon turning the computer on we are immediately asked for the recovery key and provided a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dalton Bretz, Mar 10, 2020.

1. How Do I Find A Bitlocker Recovery Key I Never Created?

Our company recently had to reset an almost new computer. Upon turning the computer on we are immediately asked for the recovery key and provided a recovery ID. Neither us nor the company we purchased the computer from had set this key. The key is not backed up to any Microsoft account that we'd know of, as no one has ever signed into Microsoft on that computer. The computer contains a lot of important information so a factory reset is not an option. Is there anyone to contact or anywhere to go to give my recovery ID and get my key?

We've exhausted just about every option from calling Microsoft which was horrible, the computer manufacturer, and to every hand that's been on the computer.

If anyone has advice on how I can retrieve this recovery key, it would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Dalton Bretz, Mar 10, 2020

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Mar 10, 2020
  4. How Do I Find A Bitlocker Recovery Key I Never Created?

bitlocker key id recovery

Hi Jessen P

Thank you very much for your advice.

I did follow your suggestion but I can't get recovery key.

I got the below message.

You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys in your Microsoft account.

Next Step, What should I do?

Nam-PeunGカーンダー, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

How Do I Find A Bitlocker Recovery Key I Never Created?

1. How Do I Find A Bitlocker Recovery Key I Never Created? - Similar Threads - Find Bitlocker Recovery

2. How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID: I have an LG gram laptop. For some reason today it opened to the bitlocker screen. I do not have any recollection of setting up bitlocker, nor do I have a key saved in my Microsoft account. The page is displaying a “recovery key ID” that it says can help identify my key, but...
  3. How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID: I have an LG gram laptop. For some reason today it opened to the bitlocker screen. I do not have any recollection of setting up bitlocker, nor do I have a key saved in my Microsoft account. The page is displaying a “recovery key ID” that it says can help identify my key, but...
  4. How do I find my bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find my bitlocker recovery key: I tried using the steps provided on Microsoft website but this url shown in the image doesn't provide any information , my laptop had a hardware problem it's motherboard was harmed so while rebooting the system it asked for bitlocker recovery key...
  5. How do I find my bitlocker recovery key

How do I find my bitlocker recovery key: I tried using the steps provided on Microsoft website but this url shown in the image doesn't provide any information , my laptop had a hardware problem it's motherboard was harmed so while rebooting the system it asked for bitlocker recovery key...
  6. How to find the recovery key for the Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find the recovery key for the Bitlocker?: I was prompted to restart and update my laptop, and when I did so, the Bitlocker screen popped up. Now, this would be easy to fix if my account was uncompromised, but it's actually not the case. My email in the Microsoft account was changed to @rambler.ru, so I had no way to...
  7. How to find the recovery key for the Bitlocker?

How to find the recovery key for the Bitlocker?: I was prompted to restart and update my laptop, and when I did so, the Bitlocker screen popped up. Now, this would be easy to fix if my account was uncompromised, but it's actually not the case. My email in the Microsoft account was changed to @rambler.ru, so I had no way to...
  8. Where do I find my recovery bitlocker key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Where do I find my recovery bitlocker key: I need help finding my bitlocker key i have the key id but can't find where to put it to unlock my drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-my-recovery-bitlocker-key/cf8e7a21-a9a4-47ee-8240-d901d87cb3e7"
  9. i cant find the bitLocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i cant find the bitLocker recovery key: i have a Lenovo ideapad netbook and a couple months back i went to turn it on after it was unplugged and lost power due to a dead battery but when i plugged back in with the charger cord and powered it back up it now asks for a 32 digit bitlocker recovery key in order to get...
  10. How do I obtain the Bitlocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I obtain the Bitlocker recovery key?: On turning on, my Dell laptop said it had no system time. On trying to find a solution, I ended up on a page called 'Bitlocker', asking me to enter the 'recovery key', which also gave me a key ID. It advised to retrieve key by going to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to obtain a bit locker key for a Lenova X1

2. find bitlocker recovery key with key id

3. will i need bitlocker when i factory reset my computer

4. bitlocker how i found it