Windows 10: How do I find a suitable driver for my pc Webcam?

Discus and support How do I find a suitable driver for my pc Webcam? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I locate a driver for the webcam on my pc, Windows10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RicardoPV, Jun 19, 2020.

1. RicardoPV Win User

How do I find a suitable driver for my pc Webcam?

How do I locate a driver for the webcam on my pc, Windows10?

:)

RicardoPV, Jun 19, 2020

2. Webcam Driver Update is Automatically Deleted

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve your issue.

I would suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to rectify the issue.

Step 1:

Un-install/remove all the previous webcam driver software that are located in your PC.

Step 2: Go to Device Manager and follow the procedure below.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Device Manager” on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, double click and expand Webcam
    • Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK
      to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.
    • After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 driver for your computer and check.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Jun 19, 2020
  4. How do I find a suitable driver for my pc Webcam?

Updating Webcam Drivers

I have an ASUS GL551JW with a built-in webcam. I am having sync issues between the audio and video when I use Camtasia 8.6. The software manufacture told me to check my webcam drivers.

I checked the drivers and they are from 2006. They are Microsoft drivers. I contacted ASUS and they couldn't provide me any information on updated drivers, but they were able to give me the following details about my webcam:

I have been searching online but I'm not finding anything that is helpful for obtaining updated drivers. Maybe there aren't any updated drivers, but I am hoping that they've been updated since 2006.

I have already downloaded the Intel chipset drivers from ASUS. I am not sure if that would include the webcam drivers. That's what ASUS told me to download.

Device Manager lists the webcam as: USB2.0 UVC HD Webcam. I am using Windows 10.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or can someone help me find some updated drivers for this webcam?

P.S. I am planning on buying a "real" webcam in the next couple months, but until then, I need to try to get this one working. Everything works fine on this webcam, and the video is good, it's just out of sync with any recorded audio.

Kenneth R. Jones, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

How do I find a suitable driver for my pc Webcam?

1. How do I find a suitable driver for my pc Webcam? - Similar Threads - find suitable driver

2. My webcam needs to be rebooted how do I do that

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My webcam needs to be rebooted how do I do that: my webcam needs to be rebooted how do i do it* Moved from Community Center* Original title: how do i fix my webcam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-webcam-needs-to-be-rebooted-how-do-i-do-that/1fc56cab-1135-40ca-8293-4064af76f9c6
  3. How do I get Windows 11 to find my webcam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Windows 11 to find my webcam?: My computer cannot seem to find or even recognize my Nexigo webcam. It does not show up on the device manager anywhere and nowhere in any settings menus. I repeat: it does not show up on device manager.I have already tried multiple times restarting my computer and plugging...
  4. How do I get Windows 11 to find my webcam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get Windows 11 to find my webcam?: My computer cannot seem to find or even recognize my Nexigo webcam. It does not show up on the device manager anywhere and nowhere in any settings menus. I repeat: it does not show up on device manager.I have already tried multiple times restarting my computer and plugging...
  5. How do I uninstall Logitech C270 webcam drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall Logitech C270 webcam drivers?: I have a Logitech webcam that I've connected to my laptop a couple of times but never really used for anything, and the webcam's drivers cause a conflict with the "Memory Integrity" feature on my laptop. From a quick online search it seems there aren't any updates from...
  6. How do I uninstall Logitech C270 webcam drivers?

How do I uninstall Logitech C270 webcam drivers?: I have a Logitech webcam that I've connected to my laptop a couple of times but never really used for anything, and the webcam's drivers cause a conflict with the "Memory Integrity" feature on my laptop. From a quick online search it seems there aren't any updates from...
  7. how do I update drivers on my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I update drivers on my PC?: How do I update my drivers on my PC without subscribing to programs that update automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-update-drivers-on-my-pc/5bb6a425-2b0e-4232-8106-4ceda8836054
  8. how do I update drivers on my PC?

how do I update drivers on my PC?: How do I update my drivers on my PC without subscribing to programs that update automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-update-drivers-on-my-pc/5bb6a425-2b0e-4232-8106-4ceda8836054
  9. how do I update drivers on my PC?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. I can't find my webcam's driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't find my webcam's driver: I'm not sure if my laptop's built in webcam is fixable or if I'm better off buying a new one. My laptop's webcam is not showing up in the Device Manager. The webcam is a CyberLink Webcam Splitter 6.0. I've looked on HP's website for this driver and I can 't find it....