Windows 10: How do I find any file that includes ..PUP.. on my computer

Discus and support How do I find any file that includes ..PUP.. on my computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I find any file that includes ..PUP.. on my computer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ruth 801, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Ruth 801 Win User

How do I find any file that includes ..PUP.. on my computer

:)

Ruth 801, Jul 1, 2019

2. Overrun by PUP's

Hi, @Skofab:

A bit of clarification...
    As the others have pointed out, MBAM Free is only a manual, on-demand scanner that removes PUPs and malware already on the system.
    MBAM Premium -- when properly configured -- can help to PREVENT PUPs/malware infection in the first place.

PUPs are not malware, in the strict sense of the term, as explained HERE. But they are generally junk that one likely does not not need or want and they can eventually get one into trouble with real malware.

Having said that, scanning for ROOTKITS and scanning for PUPs/PUMs are actually different settings.
    In order to be sure MBAM is properly configured, open the dashboard > settings > detection and protection > non-malware protection and verify that both PUPs and PUMs are set to "treat detections as malware".

If your settings are correct, but the PUPs seem to come back with each scan, then the most likely explanations include:
    • MBAM is having trouble removing them for some reason; and/or
    • They are re-spawning, either from software/malware on the system, from Google sync or from another source.

If you would like, please follow the steps in THIS TUTORIAL to locate, export and post here as an ATTACHMENT to your next reply an MBAM SCAN LOG from one of the computers. That log may point to an explanation and possible solution.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 1, 2019
  4. How do I find any file that includes ..PUP.. on my computer

Overrun by PUP's

Hi:

Just to be clear, the ROOTKIT scanning setting in MBAM is separate and different from the PUP/PUM settings.
    It's certainly fine to enable the anti-rootkit feature, but it's not likely to directly impact the behavior you reported in your original post (recurring PUPs in sequential MBAM scans).
    Adding MBAE (Free or Premium) is another fine suggestion, but it won't fix your original issue, either.

To more directly fix that particular problem, it would help to know if your PUP/PUM settings in MBAM are correctly configured, as suggested in my earlier reply #4 here.How do I find any file that includes ..PUP.. on my computer :)
    And, yes, the partial AdwCleaner log suggests that the PUPs are likely re-spawning from Google sync/Chrome/a Chrome extension.
    But it would also help to see the MBAM scan log, as previously suggested.How do I find any file that includes ..PUP.. on my computer :)

>>Some PUPs (and some malware) can be rather pesky, requiring the use of multiple, powerful tools, in the correct sequence, as well as other interventions (e.g. resetting/reinstalling Chrome), for complete removal.

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I find any file that includes ..PUP.. on my computer - Similar Threads - find file includes

2. How do I find my backed up files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I find my backed up files: I did a fresh windows install and backed up my files on to an external hard drive.I did not back my files up while logged into Microsoft. I have the files on my pc but I can't seem to restore them. I've tried file history but nothing comes up other than the account I created....
  3. how do I find files that were recently created on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I find files that were recently created on my computer?: So basically I have a file that's on my computer some where but I cant find it. Is there any way to find it?I'm on windows 11 homeTried using the search bar but so far I cant find any thing.Thank you!Please tell me if you need more info...
  4. how do I find files that were recently created on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I find files that were recently created on my computer?: So basically I have a file that's on my computer some where but I cant find it. Is there any way to find it?I'm on windows 11 homeTried using the search bar but so far I cant find any thing.Thank you!Please tell me if you need more info...
  5. how do i find "my computer" in windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i find "my computer" in windows 11.: how do i find PC" on tis computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-computer-in-windows-11/00d5a31a-6b9e-4443-9242-4ca3acdbb82c
  6. how do i find "my computer" in windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i find "my computer" in windows 11.: how do i find PC" on tis computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-computer-in-windows-11/00d5a31a-6b9e-4443-9242-4ca3acdbb82c
  7. How do I remove Segurazo PUP?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove Segurazo PUP?: The commonest suggestion is to use control panel/programs/uninstall. That's laughable. I have also tried Spyhunter and that doeskin do it (will probably regret downloading that). I have run Malwarebytes in safe mode and it comes up with Segurazo as a PUP to quarantine ,...
  8. How do i find a list of my programs on computer?

How do i find a list of my programs on computer?: Where are they located? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-a-list-of-my-programs-on-computer/d579fec3-52fb-4acc-943e-c3a268b8a663"
  9. How do I find 'my computer' on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I find 'my computer' on windows 10: On my older computer if I put in a usb stick I just went to 'my computer' and found it. I now have a Microsoft Surface Book and Windows 10 and can't find 'my computer' leave alone the usb stick! Can anyone help?...
  10. How do I find my wifi passphrase on my computer?

How do I find my wifi passphrase on my computer?: wifi is connected, but I need to get the passphrase to connect another device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-do-i-find-my-wifi-passphrase-on-my-computer/70448f73-6d8a-4e13-b62e-d523ff3ecc86

Users found this page by searching for:

1. who to find pup file

2. how to find a pup.intallcore