Windows 10: how do I find my activation key for windows 10

Discus and support how do I find my activation key for windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; my windows 10 is running okay but I cannot activate it what causes this and where do I find my activation key? 69630 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by phyllist, Nov 11, 2016.

1. phyllist Win User

how do I find my activation key for windows 10

my windows 10 is running okay but I cannot activate it what causes this and where do I find my activation key?

:)

phyllist, Nov 11, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

How do I find my activation code for Windows 10 that downloaded automatically?

The Settings app only says "Windows is activated." Your activation code is stored in the cloud on Microsoft servers.

There's probably a way to find out what your activation code is, but it doesn't really matter. There's nothing you can do with your activation code, even if you knew what it is.

The activation code is a hash that is calculated using information about your motherboard, CPU and Trusted Platform Model, if your computer has one. It identifies your computer to Microsoft. At any time, typically after a restart, Windows 10 recalculates
    your activation code and compares it to the value that's stored in the cloud. That's how Microsoft knows that you haven't transferred your copy of Windows 10 to a different computer.

BulldogXX, Nov 11, 2016
  3. How do I find my activation code for Windows 10 that downloaded automatically?

I got a new computer with Windows 8.1. A message popped up 'Did I want to upgrade to Windows 10?'. It upgraded but did not give me an activation code because it activated automatically. How do I find what the activation code is?

aznano1941, Nov 11, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Nov 11, 2016
Thema:

1. how do I find my activation key for windows 10 - Similar Threads - find activation key

2. how do i find the key so i can activate my windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how do i find the key so i can activate my windows 10: i downloaded windows 10 iso for a bootable usb and need to find the key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-the-key-so-i-can-activate-my-windows/ee52d80b-6474-404d-84aa-20759718c48e
  3. how do i find the key so i can activate my windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i find the key so i can activate my windows 10: i downloaded windows 10 iso for a bootable usb and need to find the key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-the-key-so-i-can-activate-my-windows/ee52d80b-6474-404d-84aa-20759718c48e
  4. how do i find the key so i can activate my windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. where do i find my activation key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where do i find my activation key?: i just purchased windows 11 but i didn't receive an email with my activation key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-my-activation-key/933440e6-d30a-46fa-9d47-b425f0160405
  6. where do i find my activation key?

where do i find my activation key?: i just purchased windows 11 but i didn't receive an email with my activation key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-my-activation-key/933440e6-d30a-46fa-9d47-b425f0160405
  7. How do I find Windows Activation Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I find Windows Activation Key: DESKTOP-IPEAE32 - HP Pavilion x360 Convertible Laptop Model - 11-k105na My hard drive is corrupt. The laptop will not reboot or anything. A computer friend has tried to reboot but says it is corrupt and needs a new hard drive, but he needs my windows activation key as windows...
  8. How do I find Windows Activation Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find Windows Activation Key: DESKTOP-IPEAE32 - HP Pavilion x360 Convertible Laptop Model - 11-k105na My hard drive is corrupt. The laptop will not reboot or anything. A computer friend has tried to reboot but says it is corrupt and needs a new hard drive, but he needs my windows activation key as windows...
  9. How do I find Windows Activation Key

10. Where do I find my activation key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where do I find my activation key?: I built a new pc and installed windows 10 by using the media creation tool USB method. After the installation i checked and it said that wondows 10 was activated. The very next day the watermark appeared telling me that windows 10 is not activated. I can not find the key for...