Windows 10: how do i find my drive were i put in my sd card

Discus and support how do i find my drive were i put in my sd card in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I put my sd card into my pc I think it is f drive how do I find it an open it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kennygreenlee, Jul 27, 2019.

1. how do i find my drive were i put in my sd card

I put my sd card into my pc I think it is f drive how do I find it an open it

:)

kennygreenlee, Jul 27, 2019

2. SD card failure

Hi Andrew,

I would need to ask few questions so I can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you get a specific error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • What's the current build of your computer? Press Windows key + R and then type winver.
    • Did you try to run a full system scan using your anti-virus? Can you tell us the result?
    • Does your SD card has a write protection?

Meanwhile, you may try these troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Open Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Hardware and Devices> Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check SD Card in Disk Management.

1. Open Disk Management.
    2. Your SD card will appear as a removable disk.
    3. Check if it has a drive letter.
    4. If it does not show anything, right click the SD card and then select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
    5. Click “Add” and select a drive letter, then click “OK”.

Step 3: Update SD card driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Find your SD card and right click it.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. Click the driver tab and then select Update Driver.

Note: You may need to use a keyboard and mouse to connect to your laptop to perform the said steps if it does not allow on tablet mode.

Raymond Ave, Jul 27, 2019
  3. Unable to view images in SD Card

Original title: 32gb SD Card

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in trying to solve the issue.

I suggest you to check the size of the SD drive and the size of the image in the SD drive. If there is any change in the size, the images might be hidden. So I suggest you to unhide the hidden files by following the steps below.

• Right click on the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type/(copy and paste) the command below:
    attrib –h –r -s /s /d D:*.* (Replace the Last letter "D" by the drive letter as per the system

assigned for your flash drive)

3. Type Exit and press Enter.

Now open the SD card and check for the status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 27, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

how do i find my drive were i put in my sd card

Windows 10 recognizes my SD Card as a local drive

Jon,

You posted that you would try the suggested steps by Tryx3. May we have an update if the suggested steps have resolved the issue about your SD card being recognized as a fixed drive in Windows 10?

David Haz, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

how do i find my drive were i put in my sd card

1. how do i find my drive were i put in my sd card - Similar Threads - find drive were

2. How do I transfer some of my files to my SD Card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer some of my files to my SD Card?: I need some storage for my pc so I bought an SD Card, I wanted to transfer some files into it, but everytime I tried it just copied the files and put it into the SD Card. I tried searching for an answer, but the same bs kept showing up. I really need an answer please....
  3. How do I transfer some of my files to my SD Card?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I transfer some of my files to my SD Card?: I need some storage for my pc so I bought an SD Card, I wanted to transfer some files into it, but everytime I tried it just copied the files and put it into the SD Card. I tried searching for an answer, but the same bs kept showing up. I really need an answer please....
  4. Windows is not detecting the built in sd card reader in my laptop or the sd I am putting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is not detecting the built in sd card reader in my laptop or the sd I am putting...: I am currently running an HP-Omen gaming laptop with windows 11 recently installed on it. The laptop itself has an SD card reader which I am trying to use but I can't get windows to detect it. The connection with the sdcard is fine, I've tested this through a version of linux...
  5. Windows is not detecting the built in sd card reader in my laptop or the sd I am putting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is not detecting the built in sd card reader in my laptop or the sd I am putting...: I am currently running an HP-Omen gaming laptop with windows 11 recently installed on it. The laptop itself has an SD card reader which I am trying to use but I can't get windows to detect it. The connection with the sdcard is fine, I've tested this through a version of linux...
  6. How do i put my d drive to the standerd drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i put my d drive to the standerd drive?: If i try joining my game it dousnt work cause my c map is full, so how do i change my D drive to be the standerd and switch all my stuff on C to D? -Jits i would love a respond =D...
  7. how do i clear my micro sd card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i clear my micro sd card: clearing micro sd card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-my-micro-sd-card/0d37bdac-db4a-48ea-809a-ca228c9461d9
  8. how do i transfer music from a sd card to my computer

how do i transfer music from a sd card to my computer: anyone know how to transfer music from a sd card to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-music-from-a-sd-card-to-my/88f40322-c50b-4cfd-a22f-e6707a1fb9ad"
  9. How do I find the pictures I put in my favorites

How do I find the pictures I put in my favorites: how do I find the pictures I put in my favorites * Moved from IE10/other * Original title: photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-the-pictures-i-put-in-my-favorites/703937a0-4b33-423f-ba13-05eafef02d12
  10. How do I save Windows updates to my SD card?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I save Windows updates to my SD card?: I have all settings on my PC set to save to SD card, which is NTSF format, and nearly 30gb free space but none of the updates successfully get stored there. Please help. 95487