Windows 10: How do I find my old thread about CCleaner? Windows 10

Discus and support How do I find my old thread about CCleaner? Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It's that time of the year when cleverbridge / Piriform Software Ltd pester me with email reminders to renew my subscription to CCleaner Professional.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Taffy087, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Taffy087 Win User

How do I find my old thread about CCleaner? Windows 10

It's that time of the year when cleverbridge / Piriform Software Ltd pester me with email reminders to renew my subscription to CCleaner Professional.

They say "Your CCleaner Professional subscription is coming to an end in 29 days.

To ensure your premium features continue without interruption, your account will be billed 15 days in advance of your current subscription expiry.

Your CCleaner Professional will be automatically renewed at £19.95".

These would be most helpful reminders if I had a paid-for subscription but I don't. I have the free version.

Piriform the maker of CCleaner was bought by Avast in July 2017; there were a few problem incidents reported as a result and I think it was Julia @Ṣmeed who posted an alert that the new CCleaner wasn't something for 'amateur' users such as me.

I will be making a formal complaint to Guy Saner, Piriform's CEO, about these lies. If I don't get satisfaction from him/his team, I will complain to the Advertising Standards Agency and similar UK bodies. Piriform shouldn't be allowed to get away with this tactic.

Back to my immediate problem. How do I find the thread that I created in 2017 about Piriform/Avast renewal lies, please?

:)

Taffy087, Dec 26, 2020

2. CCleaner

> Is it safe to install ccleaner on my pc?

Depends...

Piriform (the maker of CCleaner etc) was bought by Avast in July 2017 and there was this nasty incident...

All CCleaner versions are bundling Avast AV and/or various Google products such as Google Chrome, a Google toolbar and possibly other products....

Microsoft Community has seen quite a few of related threads.

Recently more and more threads are popping up in the Piriform/CCleaner forum which hint at even more questionable methods...

Here are a few recent example threads:

IMO, CCleaner is not unproblematic and has to be treated carefully.

I, personally, would not recommend CCleaner to inexperienced and/or not so tech-savvy persons...

Suggestion to inform yourself before installing CCleaner (or any other product) and to always, always keep your eyes wide open during installation (watch out for any bundled softwares etc etc).

You also might want to read this article (in case you don't use an ad blocker: ignore all advertisements):

https://www.howtogeek.com/172820/beginner-geek-what-does-ccleaner-do-and-should-you-use-it/

WRT to CCleaner on Windows 10:

According to
    this
    post Windows 10 blocks older versions: "CC v5.27 and older, (or somewhere around there) are no longer deemed safe by MS and automatically blocked when starting."

HTH,

Julia

Jsssssssss, Dec 26, 2020
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    Latest CCleaner Version Released

@Brink

New Update for CCleaner

How do I find my old thread about CCleaner? Windows 10 [​IMG]

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 CCleaner v5.40

How do I find my old thread about CCleaner? Windows 10 cc4_128.png

The Piriform team would like to announce the latest release of CCleaner for Windows.
    This update adds more cleaning for Edge and a screen where you can review your subscription status. Additionally, the Avast offer in the CCleaner installer is no longer shown if you have previously declined it.
    If you have suggestions for what you'd like to see next in CCleaner, please drop by our forums and let us know in our suggestions area.
    Browser Cleaning

• Edge: Added new 'Set aside tabs' cleaning rule
    Windows Cleaning

• Added warning for 'Old prefetch data' cleaning rule
    General

• Minor user interface improvements
    • Minor bug fixes

OldMike65, Dec 26, 2020
  4. kado897 Win User

Latest CCleaner Version Released

Thanks Mike.

kado897, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I find my old thread about CCleaner? Windows 10 - Similar Threads - find old thread

2. how do i find my "old hareware ID"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i find my "old hareware ID": help me find my old HWID I need it for a HWID Locked software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-old-hareware-id/61131c9c-200d-4cb9-b527-b439d8df9eeb
  3. how do i find my "old hareware ID"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i find my "old hareware ID": help me find my old HWID I need it for a HWID Locked software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-old-hareware-id/61131c9c-200d-4cb9-b527-b439d8df9eeb
  4. how do i find my "old hareware ID"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do I find old photos?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I find old photos?: I took a number of pictures back in 2006 when I was running windows XP and stored them on my computer. If I open a sent email from 2006 with one of the pictures attached, I can open it in photoshop. The path is Desktop --> My name --> AppData --> Local -->OEClassic (my...
  6. How do I find my old posts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I find my old posts: Know this is a daft question, but an somebody tell me how I can see what questions I have posted and the answers please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-old-posts/b6b3e765-1c24-46a9-9829-cc8d253529f8
  7. Something about CCleaner

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something about CCleaner: So they added this new "healthcheck" feature and WHENEVER I do that it always says that there is 1 tracker to remove. I click it, it gets removed and when I start over that 1 tracker stays there. Help? submitted by /u/treeclapper084 [link] [comments]...
  8. How do I find Old Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I find Old Key: I successfully repaired an older Asus laptop by reinstalling windows 10 on a different partition. There is a corrupted version of Windows 10 on the "D:" partition which has my license key. Can I search for and find the "Key"? I want to reformat that partition ASAP. Gerard...
  9. Peculiar finding in CCleaner.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Peculiar finding in CCleaner.: CCleaner finds the following entry checking my registry. I copied it to a text file: Open with Application Issue "C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\Win7UI.exe" %1 %2 HKCR\FunctionDiscoveryItemBluetooth\shell\Operation I cannot find an entry in C:\ at all but in the registry I...
  10. How Do I Find My Threads on this Forum?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Find My Threads on this Forum?: How can I find just my threads on this forum? 119440