Windows 10: How do I find my Windows Live Mail archives on a harddisc?

Discus and support How do I find my Windows Live Mail archives on a harddisc? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have used Windows Live Mail for some years and my motherboard have given up on me. I can however still access the hard discs. On my new computer I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sven-GunnarSöderström, Feb 25, 2019.

1. How do I find my Windows Live Mail archives on a harddisc?

I have used Windows Live Mail for some years and my motherboard have given up on me. I can however still access the hard discs. On my new computer I have swiched to Outlook and I want to transfer my old archives to that computer and program. How?

:)

Sven-GunnarSöderström, Feb 25, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Archived mails are missing in Windows 10 Mail App.

Hi John,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the Steps below and check.

Step 1: Check the sync settings in Mail app.

• Open Mail app and Hoover mouse point on top.
    • Next to Search icon you can seen Sync this View.
    • Click on the icon and let it Sync.
    • Close and reopen Mail app and check Archived mails.

If issue persist follow next Step.

Step 2: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Do let us know if you are able to find Archive files in Mail app. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Windows Live Mail Calendar

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows Live Mail. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would like to know a few information:

• Which version of Windows Essentials have you installed on your PC?

• Which Email domain did you configure with Windows Live Mail?

I would also suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1:

Repair Windows Live Mail

Refer to the steps mentioned below:

• Press Windows Key + R

• Type appwiz.cpl

• Right click Windows Live Essentials

• Click Uninstall/Change

• Click Repair all Windows Live Programs
    If the issue still persists, proceed to Method 2.

Method 2:

Remove and Reinstall Windows Live Mail referring to the link mentioned below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/938275

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help

Ankit Rajput, Feb 25, 2019
  4. How do I find my Windows Live Mail archives on a harddisc?

Windows 10 Live Mail

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in downloading any attachment from Live mail and sending emails.
    It is possible that there are corrupted files on your Windows Live Mail that could be causing the issue.

I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the article mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

What do I do if I can't download my attachments in Windows Live Mail?

If issue persists, I would suggest you to repair Windows live mail as its corruption might be the cause of your issue.

We recommend that you try repairing Windows Live Mail to check if it fixes the issue. Before you repair Windows Live Mail, you can backup your files to make sure that you do not lose any of them. You can click on this

link
    for steps on how to backup your files.

Once your files have been backed up, you can then follow the steps below to repair Windows Live Mail.

• Press Windows key + X, select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs, then Uninstall a program.
    • Look for Windows Essentials.
    • Right click on Windows Essentials and click on Uninstall/Change.

A window will pop up asking to either remove or repair Windows Essentials.
    • Choose Repair all Windows Essentials program.

If repairing does not work, then we advise that you uninstall and reinstall Windows Live Mail. You can follow the same steps above but choose Remove instead of repair. You can then visit this

link
    where you can download a fresh copy of Windows Live Mail.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

How do I find my Windows Live Mail archives on a harddisc?

1. How do I find my Windows Live Mail archives on a harddisc? - Similar Threads - find Live Mail

2. How can I transfer my mail archives to my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I transfer my mail archives to my computer?: Hello,Hope you can guide me.I would like progressively to empty the content of my OneDrive antransfer this in my pc. How do I proceed?I presume my Archives are on my One Drive whichtakes too much space.Please let me know how to do it.Thank you...
  3. How can I transfer my mail archives to my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I transfer my mail archives to my computer?: Hello,Hope you can guide me.I would like progressively to empty the content of my OneDrive antransfer this in my pc. How do I proceed?I presume my Archives are on my One Drive whichtakes too much space.Please let me know how to do it.Thank you...
  4. can i import my outlook mail archive into window mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i import my outlook mail archive into window mail: Im working on trying to use windows mail vs. outlook. Is it possible for me to import my outlook mail archives into windows mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-import-my-outlook-mail-archive-into-window/c6215e4c-92d2-46ca-8739-9b550eab92e9
  5. How do I stop auto archive in Windows Mail?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I stop auto archive in Windows Mail?: My Windows Mail started Archiving on its own. Now I have two of everything showing in my inbox.... the message saying inbox folder and the same message duplicated saying Archive folder. How do I stop this?...
  6. how do i access my archive to retrive a e-mail.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i access my archive to retrive a e-mail.: unable to access my archive how. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-access-my-archive-to-retrive-a-e-mail/cab5dc85-768c-47a0-8063-748c78a12728
  7. Windows Mail Archive

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail Archive: Just moved to this app from windows live mail Accidently hit the archive button, where did the email go? I don't see an archive folder... I do notice when I click on, and enter "all mail" the email is now shown, however if I'm in the inbox it isn't. (Wish I could get rid...
  8. How do I change my password in Windows Live Mail?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I change my password in Windows Live Mail?: I go to 'Accounts' then 'Email', but all it seems to let me do is add a new email address. I want to change the password on my existing address....
  9. How do I find my archived mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I find my archived mail?: So I was clearing out my mail and I wanted to save some email so I could look at them later. I decided to archive them so I could do just that. Problem is: I have no idea how to access my archive. I've looked at other threads and they all talk about using outlook emails or...
  10. How do I restore Windows Live Mail?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I restore Windows Live Mail?: Folks, I've upgraded my wife's laptop to W10. (She hated/despised W8, W8.1, until I installed the Start8 shell.) Whereas W10 is a great improvement, the bundled email software is not. W10's mail program does not allow new folders to be created (you can add pre-existing...