Windows 10: How do I find Old Key

Discus and support How do I find Old Key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I successfully repaired an older Asus laptop by reinstalling windows 10 on a different partition. There is a corrupted version of Windows 10 on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GerardFroh, Apr 13, 2020.

1. How do I find Old Key

I successfully repaired an older Asus laptop by reinstalling windows 10 on a different partition. There is a corrupted version of Windows 10 on the "D:" partition which has my license key. Can I search for and find the "Key"? I want to reformat that partition ASAP.

Gerard

:)

GerardFroh, Apr 13, 2020

2. Need some help. Old HDD. New laptop.

Yes, that would be a favorable solution if possible. But it requires what I said as a first step. Once he gets booted into the OS, then he can either use it as is or try to recover the product key. I'm not saying he couldn't do what you said, I was replying to another post that suggested simply copy/pasting documents from the old hard drive.

Papahyooie, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Need old Windows Start menu

Hi,

I realize that you need the old Windows start menu. I will try to help you with this issue.

You can click the hash icon located above the 3D Builder icon to check if that helps.

Suggest you to follow these steps to check if that helps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on Personalization and click Start.

• Enable the feature for “use start full screen”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 13, 2020
  4. How do I find Old Key

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

How do I find Old Key

1. How do I find Old Key - Similar Threads - find Old Key

2. how do i find my "old hareware ID"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i find my "old hareware ID": help me find my old HWID I need it for a HWID Locked software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-old-hareware-id/61131c9c-200d-4cb9-b527-b439d8df9eeb
  3. How can I find Microsoft key for old purchase key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I find Microsoft key for old purchase key: I purchase in 2020, now I reformatted my system how to get key of olds purchase reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-find-microsoft-key-for-old-purchase-key/e5654192-6be7-424e-b09f-6608d37dcfd7
  4. How can I find Microsoft key for old purchase key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find Microsoft key for old purchase key: I purchase in 2020, now I reformatted my system how to get key of olds purchase reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-find-microsoft-key-for-old-purchase-key/e5654192-6be7-424e-b09f-6608d37dcfd7
  5. How do i find product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i find product key?: Just downloaded Windows but cant activate it,how do i get product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-product-key/189bc08e-0497-4972-9606-1e82a23f0241
  6. How do i find product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i find product key?: Just downloaded Windows but cant activate it,how do i get product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-product-key/189bc08e-0497-4972-9606-1e82a23f0241
  7. How Do I find the Recovery key with Key ID??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Do I find the Recovery key with Key ID??: Hi,I have updated my windows 10 to insider wins 11. And now I am stuck seriously.The bitlocker has been activated even I didn’t know what that is. I logged in my MS account and found the Recovery key but it keeps shows it is incorrect numbers. I think my windows account has...
  8. How do I find old photos?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I find old photos?: I took a number of pictures back in 2006 when I was running windows XP and stored them on my computer. If I open a sent email from 2006 with one of the pictures attached, I can open it in photoshop. The path is Desktop --> My name --> AppData --> Local -->OEClassic (my...
  9. How do I find my old posts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I find my old posts: Know this is a daft question, but an somebody tell me how I can see what questions I have posted and the answers please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-old-posts/b6b3e765-1c24-46a9-9829-cc8d253529f8
  10. Find Old Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Find Old Product Key: Hey there, I recently bought my friend's laptop from him, so I finally have a computer to myself after not having one for about two years! I did a factory reset, all was well, it's an older Windows 8 model. ANYWAYS, I bought Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store a few...