Windows 10: how do i find out if my computer was originally activated

Discus and support how do i find out if my computer was originally activated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Where do I find out if my wndows 10 was originally activated and was is the a activation number... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EStelleMarcombe, Oct 1, 2019.

1. how do i find out if my computer was originally activated

Where do I find out if my wndows 10 was originally activated and was is the a activation number

:)

EStelleMarcombe, Oct 1, 2019

2. Origin will not load

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Which was the update that was installed prior to this issue?
    2. What is the version of your Windows 10 computer? (To check the version of your Windows 10, you can refer
      See which version of Windows 10 you have).
    3. Do you get any error message while launching the Origin application?
    4. What was the error message that you got while reinstalling the Origin application?
    5. Are you facing this issue with any other applications?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to launch Origin application.

1. Follow the steps mentioned in Uninstalling Origin Application
      and completely uninstall Origin from your computer.
    2. Then, put your computer in a Clean Boot State
      and delete the folders from the following locations.

• Note: A Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Your computer may temporarily lose
      some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

• C:\ProgramData\Origin\
    • C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Origin\
    • C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Origin\
    • C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License\

1. Then, Download Origin and install it with the computer being in a Clean Boot
      State.
    2. Then, place the computer to normal boot by going to
      Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
      section in the Clean Boot link and check if you are able to launch the Origin application.

Write to us with the updated results and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 1, 2019
  4. how do i find out if my computer was originally activated

Build 10240 - Any expiry on ACTIVATED versions??

Ok, thanks - I was commenting on your steps you listed in post# 76
    Suggesting that you might be able to skip the step highlighted above. I don't know if this will work or not, but suspect that it might. Curiosity is all - if you feel like testing that (skipping the restore image to Win7 step), great - otherwise I'll try it when I get around to upgrading in 2016.

Slartybart, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

how do i find out if my computer was originally activated

1. how do i find out if my computer was originally activated - Similar Threads - find computer was

2. How do I find my original activation key for my retail Windows on my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find my original activation key for my retail Windows on my PC?: I purchased Windows 8.1 years ago and eventually upgraded it to Windows 10. How can I find my original activation key that was written on the card inside the tiny box I purchased for 100$+ a few years ago?I am able to find a different key maybe my windows 10 key? using the 3...
  3. How do I find my original activation key for my retail Windows on my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I find my original activation key for my retail Windows on my PC?: I purchased Windows 8.1 years ago and eventually upgraded it to Windows 10. How can I find my original activation key that was written on the card inside the tiny box I purchased for 100$+ a few years ago?I am able to find a different key maybe my windows 10 key? using the 3...
  4. How do I find my original activation key for my retail Windows on my PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. How do I find out, which process occupies my computer?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I find out, which process occupies my computer?: Hi guys, I am running a program, which after pressing a key freezes for a short time. E.g. I am pressing a key and the display freezes for maybe one second. If I press a key ten times, the freeze is more or less ten times as long as it is when I only pressed the key once. I...
  6. How do I find out my product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I find out my product key?: I want to know where can i find my product on my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-out-my-product-key/e8fe700f-bace-40fd-bfd3-2ce0fddec148
  7. find out if I registered my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    find out if I registered my computer: Need to find out if I ever registered my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-out-if-i-registered-my-computer/10ae4959-d108-4e40-a81e-8bc1865007c8
  8. how do i find out my password for my workgroup?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i find out my password for my workgroup?: how do I find out my password for my workgroup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-out-my-password-for-my-workgroup/15753644-5788-40d5-b4cf-c297d5af9b09
  9. how do I find out which windows is installed in my computer?

how do I find out which windows is installed in my computer?: how do I find out which windows is installed in my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10/0f3d978e-ecc0-468e-88e6-dd30d04d9e57
  10. How do I find the original default lockscreen wallpaper

How do I find the original default lockscreen wallpaper: Hi, I have this simple problem but I can't find the solution. Basically my daughter got a laptop and she changed a few theme settings and now the lockscreen wallpaper changed. The problem is she really liked the original one with the seal/sea lion swimming in the sea, but I...