Windows 10: How do I find out if my laptop has Bluetooth

Discus and support How do I find out if my laptop has Bluetooth in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have recently purchased some Bluetooth headphones and presumed my laptop would be Bluetooth enabled. When going on the action centre & clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MissEssJay, Aug 6, 2018.

1. How do I find out if my laptop has Bluetooth

Hi I have recently purchased some Bluetooth headphones and presumed my laptop would be Bluetooth enabled. When going on the action centre & clicking connect, it cannot find my device. If it isn't built in can someone please recommend the best adaptor for it.

Thank you.

:)

MissEssJay, Aug 6, 2018
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Bluetooth not working on ASUS laptop

Hello,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To better assist you, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried disabling and enabling the Bluetooth using the Control Panel? (Not turning off and on)
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Bluetooth troubleshooter by:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth > Run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Fault trying to share photos from phone to laptop via Bluetooth

While waiting for replies I solved this - in Windows 10 by the following steps where -> means click/select.
    • Start -> Settings-> Devices -> Bluetooth.
    • At this point ensure Bluetooth is on and device you wish to make the transfer from is listed and paired.
    • At the bottom of the same page under Related Settings -> Send or receive files via Bluetooth -> Receive files.
    • The Waiting for connection page appears stay on this page and initiate the transfer from your device.
    • The file is being received window appears with a progress bar when this is complete you will be asked where to save the file and Finish
    It appears these steps have to be performed for each individual file transferred therefore I've pinned the Settings window with Bluetooth selected to the task bar.

SlainteMhath, Aug 6, 2018
  4. aasim1111 Win User

How do I find out if my laptop has Bluetooth

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

How do I find out if my laptop has Bluetooth

1. How do I find out if my laptop has Bluetooth - Similar Threads - find laptop has

2. how do i fix the bluetooth on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix the bluetooth on my laptop: i set up my laptop and started using it. it worked fine. i went to use it today and the mouse was not connected. i tried connecting and followed the instructions, but the bluettooth has disappeared from the computer. there is no bluetooth icon on the right side of the task...
  3. how do i fix the bluetooth on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i fix the bluetooth on my laptop: i set up my laptop and started using it. it worked fine. i went to use it today and the mouse was not connected. i tried connecting and followed the instructions, but the bluettooth has disappeared from the computer. there is no bluetooth icon on the right side of the task...
  4. how to find out the administrator on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to find out the administrator on my laptop: how to find out who the administrator is on my laptop, can not make change to my printer being denied , have no access to tabs. Printer will print from phones other pc's. in settings just show the printer status is IDLE. have re installed the printer 4 times!...
  5. how to find out the administrator on my laptop

how to find out the administrator on my laptop: how to find out who the administrator is on my laptop, can not make change to my printer being denied , have no access to tabs. Printer will print from phones other pc's. in settings just show the printer status is IDLE. have re installed the printer 4 times!...
  6. How do you find out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you find out: How do you find out a account Gmail via just a gamertag https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-find-out/5537365e-0c05-4ada-9337-90800fce3609
  7. How do you find out

How do you find out: How do you find out a account Gmail via just a gamertag https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-find-out/5537365e-0c05-4ada-9337-90800fce3609
  8. How do I find out my product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I find out my product key?: I want to know where can i find my product on my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-out-my-product-key/e8fe700f-bace-40fd-bfd3-2ce0fddec148
  9. How to find out if my laptop is used or not?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to find out if my laptop is used or not?: About last Christmas I got a new laptop from a friend. I had always suspected that it had been used, but she claims otherwise. Only recently, something came up and now I really want to know if this laptop is used or not. If possible how can I find out....
  10. how do i find out my password for my workgroup?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i find out my password for my workgroup?: how do I find out my password for my workgroup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-out-my-password-for-my-workgroup/15753644-5788-40d5-b4cf-c297d5af9b09