Windows 10: how do I find out what is using close to the full disk?

Discus and support how do I find out what is using close to the full disk? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I view it and order it by most used and add them up there is only .26M being used. Definitely my computer has more than .26. [img] 115553 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ironfist, Aug 7, 2018.

1. ironfist Win User

how do I find out what is using close to the full disk?

When I view it and order it by most used and add them up there is only .26M being used. Definitely my computer has more than .26.
    how do I find out what is using close to the full disk? [​IMG]

:)

ironfist, Aug 7, 2018

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue how do I find out what is using close to the full disk? :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Closing the disk

What do you mean closing the disks? I don't understand. If it closed the drive it cannot eject....

PVTCaboose1337, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

1. how do I find out what is using close to the full disk? - Similar Threads - find using close

2. I have an app without a name in my Uninstall area - how do I find out what it is?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have an app without a name in my Uninstall area - how do I find out what it is?: I was uninstalling some apps, and noticed one of the apps has no name! How do I find out what this guy is? [ATTACH] I started to uninstall to see what information I got: [ATTACH] Any suggestions on what is going on here, or how to procede?...
  3. how do i find out what my url is to set up my outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i find out what my url is to set up my outlook: How do I find my url to set up my Outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-out-what-my-url-is-to-set-up-my/ad93bf07-2d17-4c74-a78c-909e9179c684
  4. How do I get out of full screen mode?

How do I get out of full screen mode?: All my windows have gone to full screen only. How do I get out of full screen mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-out-of-full-screen-mode/d6a94dce-cd6d-4f01-9ad3-f6e2c6825059
  5. How do I get out of full screen mode?

How do I get out of full screen mode?: All my windows have gone to full screen only. How do I get out of full screen mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-get-out-of-full-screen-mode/d6a94dce-cd6d-4f01-9ad3-f6e2c6825059
  6. how do I find out what is using close to the full disk?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how do I find out what is using close to the full disk?: When I view it and order it by most used and add them up there is only .26M being used. Definitely my computer has more than .26. [img] 115553
  7. Cannot find Edge anywhere: how do I use it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot find Edge anywhere: how do I use it?: Folks, I've just upgraded from 8.1 to 10. During the Welcome screen, I chose Express Install and agreed to the W10 default selections, which included using Edge as my browser. When the install finished, I could not see an Edge icon anywhere. Searching for "edge" did not...
  8. How can I find out what these "other" devices are?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I find out what these "other" devices are?: I gave up on trying to do a clean install, so I just deleted every single program in control panel. All of my drivers were either automatically updated or I was able to update them myself. These three are listed as unknown. The drivers won't update. I ran the Intel...
  9. How do I find out what program is calling a .dll file on startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I find out what program is calling a .dll file on startup?: My neice had a virus which I successfully cleaned out, but now every time I start up the laptop I get an error message that it couldn't load "C:\Users\her name\AppData\Local\Call Kit\CallKit.dll" and I am having a real trial with attempting t identify what program is calling...
  10. How can I find out what is causing a Cmd Prompt to open and close?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I find out what is causing a Cmd Prompt to open and close?: I was on vacation for about 10 days, so I'm not sure exactly when an app/windows was updated but this problem definitely started in the last 2 weeks. I will be typing away in my editor or playing a game and I will see a Command Prompt open and close very fast. Sometimes it...