Windows 10: How do I find out what piece of hardware failed

Discus and support How do I find out what piece of hardware failed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't know how to read this log, but I want to know what hardware component failed.Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brian Trzepacz, Nov 11, 2023.

1. How do I find out what piece of hardware failed

I don't know how to read this log, but I want to know what hardware component failed.Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date: 11/11/2023 10:24:41 AM Event ID: 1 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: WHEA Error Event Logs User: LOCAL SERVICE Computer: Asimov Description: A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition is contained in the data section of this event. Event Xml: http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> 1 0 2 0 0 0x8000000000000002

:)

Brian Trzepacz, Nov 11, 2023

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Nov 11, 2023
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Nov 11, 2023
  4. How do I find out what piece of hardware failed

Standard Hardware Security not supported

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to run hardware troubleshooter and let us know if that helps.

Type "Troubleshooting" in the
    Windows Search bar and press Enter.

1. Click on "View All" in the top left corner.
    2. This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Also I would suggest to check if there are any update pending with regard to drivers and to do so, please follow steps mentioned below.

1. Search for Device Manager in
      Windows
      search bar.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Check if there Yellow Exclamation Point in the list of drivers.

Make sure Windows is up to date.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Nov 11, 2023
Thema:

How do I find out what piece of hardware failed

1. How do I find out what piece of hardware failed - Similar Threads - find piece hardware

2. How do I find out what piece of hardware failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I find out what piece of hardware failed: I don't know how to read this log, but I want to know what hardware component failed.Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date: 11/11/2023 10:24:41 AM Event ID: 1 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: WHEA Error Event Logs User: LOCAL SERVICE Computer:...
  3. How do I find out what piece of hardware failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find out what piece of hardware failed: I don't know how to read this log, but I want to know what hardware component failed.Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date: 11/11/2023 10:24:41 AM Event ID: 1 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: WHEA Error Event Logs User: LOCAL SERVICE Computer:...
  4. How do I find out what’s wrong with my PC wether it be hardware or software related?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find out what’s wrong with my PC wether it be hardware or software related?: Hey, so I built my computer in 2021. To start I want to say what I have in terms of hardware. PC SPECS: AM4 Ryzen 7800X with the given CPU cooler fanB550 motor MB 32gb of ram all at 3600AMD rx6800xt EVGA 850 plus gold psu 1 500gb m.2 1 TB m.2 1 2TB SSD All Samsung SSDs On...
  5. How do I find out what’s wrong with my PC wether it be hardware or software related?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I find out what’s wrong with my PC wether it be hardware or software related?: Hey, so I built my computer in 2021. To start I want to say what I have in terms of hardware. PC SPECS: AM4 Ryzen 7800X with the given CPU cooler fanB550 motor MB 32gb of ram all at 3600AMD rx6800xt EVGA 850 plus gold psu 1 500gb m.2 1 TB m.2 1 2TB SSD All Samsung SSDs On...
  6. How do I find out what’s wrong with my PC wether it be hardware or software related?

7. How do I find out if I can enable my hardware acceleration?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I find out if I can enable my hardware acceleration?: How do I find out if I can enable my hardware acceleration on new Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-out-if-i-can-enable-my-hardware/c2b9aacc-d780-4083-9c42-cdd4e2849d6c
  8. How do I find out what was in a feature update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I find out what was in a feature update?: I recently downloaded a feature update, upon downloading the update I wanted to see what it added, but when I click the see whats new in this update link in the update history this is all i get https://i.imgur.com/sIpPCGU.png Is there a way to find out what it actually...
  9. How do I find out what device is connecting?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I find out what device is connecting?: I have a PC that will randomly play the tune for device connect. I have looked at the system event viewer log and don't see anything showing something connected. As a test I connected a flash drive and I didn't see anything logged either. Is there another place to look to see...
  10. A piece of my hardware is affecting my computer how do I find out what piece it is

A piece of my hardware is affecting my computer how do I find out what piece it is: after viewing the reliability center it seems my computer has been crashing due to a hardware problem. I'm wondering if there is a way to detect maybe what specific piece of hardware so I can fix or replace that piece? I also have a crash log if that may help...