Windows 10: How do I find out which device this is?

Discus and support How do I find out which device this is? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sjorsa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvqao6/how_do_i_find_out_which_device_this_is/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sjorsa, Jun 3, 2020.

1. /u/Sjorsa Win User

How do I find out which device this is?

/u/Sjorsa, Jun 3, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jun 3, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jun 3, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I find out which device this is? - Similar Threads - find device

2. Having an issue with my USB devices that I cant' find a solution for.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having an issue with my USB devices that I cant' find a solution for.: Like the title says, I'm having an issue with my USB devices that I can't seem to find a solution for. My issue is that, randomly, my USB devices will disconnect and reconnect. Which is quite the pain because my wireless is through a USB device. Sometimes, it's fine for days...
  3. How accurate is Window 10 "Find my Device"

in Windows 10 Customization
    How accurate is Window 10 "Find my Device": My HP laptop was stolen last week. I am still able to track my device with Windows 10 "Find my Device" feature. It is currently on the move in and around my suburb. I submitted this information to the police. They don't believe me and are adamant that this feature is...
  4. Bluetooth driver - can't find on device manager. How do I install it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth driver - can't find on device manager. How do I install it?: HP Envy with newly installed Windows 10. Trying to find bluetooth drivers.....HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-driver-cant-find-on-device-manager-how/09d00321-e22f-4230-a0ce-4e4a20c0401a
  5. Teredo is unable to qualify... Cant even find it in device manager.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Teredo is unable to qualify... Cant even find it in device manager.: Furthermore, when I get to step 12 it doesn't give me the "Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter" option in the right column. I just want to play multiplayer with my son... [ATTACH]...
  6. Microsoft does not "find my device" - I did all the steps

Microsoft does not "find my device" - I did all the steps: So, I did all the steps that Microsoft support says. I've logged in to my laptop using my Microsoft account. But my laptop does not show when I try to connect it to my account. I've checked it multiple times: https://account.microsoft.com/devices I've restarted my laptop...
  7. Realtek Digital Audio Broken/Can't Install/Can't find in device manager

Realtek Digital Audio Broken/Can't Install/Can't find in device manager: Hi there, my realtek digital audio broke recently so I tried to reinstall it, in doing so I uninstalled everything with regards to realtek hd audio to have a "clean reinstall" as people told me. This failed and i can no longer hear anything on my pc as I do not have realtek...
  8. Find My Device address keeps changing, but no new logins

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Find My Device address keeps changing, but no new logins: Microsoft chat was exceedingly useless in answering this question so trying here. In Find My Device the last login date shows as May 29 and it remains as May 29 each time I visit the location page. However, the actual address of the last location keeps changing. Why? To...
  9. Windows 10 Location find my device still showing an old address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Location find my device still showing an old address: Hi This issue has not been resolved in of the versions Windows 10 i've installed I lived at an address 4 years ago which is 120miles away from where I am now. I purchased a Surfacebook at my old address - Find my device would show my location within 100feet. Since moving...
  10. Bluetooth no longer able to find any devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth no longer able to find any devices: For some reason my PCIE Bluetooth/Wifi card no is no longer able to pair with any of my Bluetooth devices. I have installed/reinstalled the drivers, restarted the Bluetooth services, connect/re-connected it, turn off the Wifi. My phone was able to find and connect to the Xbox...