Windows 10: How do I find out, which process occupies my computer?

Discus and support How do I find out, which process occupies my computer? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi guys, I am running a program, which after pressing a key freezes for a short time. E.g. I am pressing a key and the display freezes for maybe one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Christophe, Jan 3, 2021.

1. How do I find out, which process occupies my computer?

Hi guys,

I am running a program, which after pressing a key freezes for a short time. E.g. I am pressing a key and the display freezes for maybe one second. If I press a key ten times, the freeze is more or less ten times as long as it is when I only pressed the key once. I would like to find out why this is happening so that I can solve this.

I already talked to the support and they think it would not be caused by their program (?). They recommended me to deactivate those services, which I do not need.
    I already deactivated all services in msconfig, which are not coming from Microsoft.
    However, the problem still exists: When I press a few keys, the program freezes.

What I now want to know is: How can I determine, which process occupies the computer so that I can check, if I can deactivate it?

:)

Christophe, Jan 3, 2021
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Server Occupied

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key + E, Click
      View tab. Then click Options ->Change folder and search options.

• Moving on, in theFolder Options windows so opened, scroll down and found the
      Launch folder windows in a separate process option under
      Advanced settings. you would find this option enabled, hencedisable it.

• Click Apply followed by
      OK. You can now close all the instances of File Explorer via
      Task Manager or reboot the machine, if setting is not applied immediately.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 3, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

How do I find out, which process occupies my computer?

Strange idea... possible to cluster computers on a network for general processing?

Not so strange...

Tech Article - DIY Supercomputing: How to Build a Small Windows HPC Cluster

Building Your Own Super Computer

Building your own supercomputer using Ubuntu and Kerrighed

Quote from here --> How to Hook Up Several Computers to Make a Supercomputer

95Viper, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

How do I find out, which process occupies my computer?

1. How do I find out, which process occupies my computer? - Similar Threads - find process occupies

2. How do I find out which USB device is not recognized?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find out which USB device is not recognized?: I got that messages saying "The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctions and Windows doesn't recognize it" [BTW: please allow people to paste in these messages. It makes it so much easier for us.]Well, all of my USB devices are the last one connected. I...
  3. How do I find which process is calling taskhostw.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find which process is calling taskhostw.exe: I frequently find everything is slowing to a stop. I will take two or three minutes to open Task Manager and find the disc is running at 100%. Often the task with the highest disc usage is taskhostw.exe, so I usually lower its priority to 'below normal' and raise Task Manager...
  4. How do I find which process is calling taskhostw.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I find which process is calling taskhostw.exe: I frequently find everything is slowing to a stop. I will take two or three minutes to open Task Manager and find the disc is running at 100%. Often the task with the highest disc usage is taskhostw.exe, so I usually lower its priority to 'below normal' and raise Task Manager...
  5. How do I find which process is calling taskhostw.exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. How do I change which physical drive my iCloud Drive files occupy on my computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change which physical drive my iCloud Drive files occupy on my computer?: I use a Dell Inspiron laptop with a small 105GB SSD drive for the OS and a 1TB HDD for everything else. When installing iCloud from the Microsoft Store it seems iCloud can only install on the same drive as the OS. Because of this, this SSD filled up quickly with the large...
  7. How do I find out which device this is?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I find out which device this is?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sjorsa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvqao6/how_do_i_find_out_which_device_this_is/
  8. Find out which background processes are not needed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find out which background processes are not needed.: I am using a computer for playing games and a few other stuff. My Device's specs: [ATTACH] Windows's specs: [ATTACH] The game's that I play do not need use too much CPU and RAM when running alone. However occasionally the game will lag and I will need to restart game to...
  9. how to find which software occupy lots of space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to find which software occupy lots of space?: my computer is windows 10. It has about 7G bytes free space. but after just 1 or 2 days use, the free space becomes almost zero. then I restarted the computer, the free spaces becomes 7G bytes again. how can I find which software occupy so many space? thanks for help....
  10. how do I find out which windows is installed in my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I find out which windows is installed in my computer?: how do I find out which windows is installed in my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10/0f3d978e-ecc0-468e-88e6-dd30d04d9e57