Windows 10: how do i find POP server settings.

Discus and support how do i find POP server settings. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have an fsmail.net email address , EE are closing all fsmail address down at the end of May. I need to open a new email account, the new provider is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bramley, Apr 4, 2017.

1. bramley Win User

how do i find POP server settings.

I have an fsmail.net email address , EE are closing all fsmail address down at the end of May. I need to open a new email account, the new provider is asking for my POP username and my POP Server details, can you please tell me where i can find them. Thanks *Confused

:)

bramley, Apr 4, 2017

2. Setting OWA email account on WP7

Here's what worked for me when I set up my University email account on my phone - the Unversity supports iphone & Android, but nothing for Windows Phone....maybe it will work for you too.

Log into OWA, select Options > select the link for "Settings for POP, IMAP, and SMTP access..." > you can find settings for POP, IMAP & SMTP settings (server name, port, encryption method) - I input the POP server name in the is the server field on my phone
    (setting up an Outlook account) and it's worked for me beautifully ever since.

Julie fka profjulie, Apr 4, 2017
  3. lecban24 Win User
    N8 Belle and issues with email accounts

Auto retrieval of account's settings sets up my account to POP but I have it configured on the mail server as IMAP. Anyway, I know now how to do it: you have to start setting up a
    fictitious account, which does not exist, and then the phone gives you the option to specify type of the server IMAP or POP.

lecban24, Apr 4, 2017
  4. clam1952 Win User

You can't find them as fsmail is a web based email only. If you are trying to move the emails to a new account then you are going to have to manually forward them.

EE info here: Solved: fsmail.net outlook settings - The EE Community

clam1952, Apr 4, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    A note: POP3 and its pop [post office protocol] and smtp [simple mail transport protocol] settings are provided by the ISP you have subscribed to for Internet access. The settings are made in an installed E-Mail Client when establishing the account, some examples are Microsoft Office/Outlook, Thunderbird, IncrediMail, SeaMonkey's client, etc.

Berton, Apr 4, 2017
  6. clam1952 Win User
    FSmail is a nightmare as it's merged Wannadoo, Freeserve, Orange and EE, there are posts all over the web re not being able to transfer mail, think Orange had pop at one point and as they seem to be interchangable maybe try find the Orange pop settings if they exist.

Found it! See here: Email settings | Home Broadband | EE
    covers the following email addresses

• yourname.orangehome.co.uk
    • yourname.wanadoo.co.uk
    • yourname.freeserve.co.uk
    • yourname.fsnet.co.uk
    • yourname.fsbusiness.co.uk
    • yourname.fslife.co.uk
    • yourname.fsworld.co.uk

• email server: POP3
    • POP server (incoming): pop.orangehome.co.uk
    • POP incoming port: 110
    • SMTP server (outgoing): smtp.orangehome.co.uk
    • outgoing SMTP port: 25 (see below if you're not always connected to EE Home Broadband)
    • use secure connection (Secure Sockets Layer or SSL): no
    • authentication: none

clam1952, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how do i find POP server settings. - Similar Threads - find POP server

2. How do I find my windows server?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find my windows server?: I am running windows 7 and I don't know how to check my windows server. Back me up here please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-windows-server/89823b1b-e4b4-409b-ad95-bf4740153834
  3. How do I find my windows server?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I find my windows server?: I am running windows 7 and I don't know how to check my windows server. Back me up here please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-windows-server/89823b1b-e4b4-409b-ad95-bf4740153834
  4. How Do I Find My Internet Server Type?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Find My Internet Server Type?: Hello,I need to know my internet server type e.g. IMAP, POP3, etc.. How do I find this information? The instructions I have found here in the Community and elsewhere on the internet have not given me an answer to this question....
  5. How Do I Find My Internet Server Type?

How Do I Find My Internet Server Type?: Hello,I need to know my internet server type e.g. IMAP, POP3, etc.. How do I find this information? The instructions I have found here in the Community and elsewhere on the internet have not given me an answer to this question....
  6. How Do I Find My Internet Server Type?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How Do I Find My Intenet Server Type?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Find My Intenet Server Type?: Hello,I need to know my internet server type e.g. IMAP, POP3, etc.. How do I find this information? The instructions I have found here in the Community and elsewhere on the internet have not given me an answer to this question....
  8. How Do I Find My Intenet Server Type?

How Do I Find My Intenet Server Type?: Hello,I need to know my internet server type e.g. IMAP, POP3, etc.. How do I find this information? The instructions I have found here in the Community and elsewhere on the internet have not given me an answer to this question....
  9. How Do I Find My Intenet Server Type?

10. How do I enable proxy server settings?

How do I enable proxy server settings?: Dear all, I've been having a lot of trouble trying to setup proxies in the LAN settings but every time I add a new proxy that is up and working, my web browser would still give me this error message"unable to connect to the proxy server". I don't know if there's another...