Windows 10: How Do I Find The Device I am Sharing An IP Address With?

Discus and support How Do I Find The Device I am Sharing An IP Address With? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; All the time my computer feels like someone is in the background typing or doing something to the software that I'm working with. Literally , as if... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Vickyl71, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Vickyl71 Win User

How Do I Find The Device I am Sharing An IP Address With?

All the time my computer feels like someone is in the background typing or doing something to the software that I'm working with. Literally , as if they just re wrote a program for this time that I am using it. Then a minute later I will be allowed. That is just one of many things happening. My Router login on Charter Netgear and Aris, Sagcom. I can go change the password and then try to access the login page where you will see the connected devices and I will be locked out. Just like someone was remotely connected to my computer and change the password on me to this router and the written software of the routers. I could not get into it after resetting it with a paperclip then could not get back into the router login page even when Charter reset it from there in. Nothing would let me back into that router, no admin admin...nothing I had to return the equipment.

On my router, I can open it up and the devices will have a 6 and I go see the device list and if flips to a 5.

I'm thinking this person is in the Unknow Accounts in Security under the property tab. I would try another new router but the same would happen to me and I had to return the router.

I have other accounts such as my security camera that have acted the same way. Therefore, I figured it would have to be that shared IP Address showing up and then disappearing again. The other IP Address is still there, just not showing because they probably rewrote the software so they would not show up. I find double of everything on my computer.

My OBS file that I access as a shortcut on desktop, I went looking for the file location and it was not on my computer at that time. It was nowhere to be found in DESKTOP APP's. Another words where every other appcut, file etc. on the desktop was showing up. This one was not.

I need to know how to find that IP Address and the device connected to as well as who is connected to Unknow Accounts with random numbers, there are two of the same of them and another.

:)

Vickyl71, Apr 13, 2020

2. Finding IP address

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to find printer’s IP address:

1. Type Devices and Printers in the Windows search bar.
    2. Select on the printer and click on
      Manage.
    3. Click on the Ports tab.
      You will be able to find printer’s IP address under the ‘Ports’ tab.

Few printers also have a “Test print” option on the printer. When you print a test page from network printer, the page shows the IP address along with other details.

Note: If it is set on DHCP mode the IP address will constantly change.
    The IP address is assigned automatically by your router using a protocol called DHCP.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 13, 2020
  3. LemP Win User
    IP ADDRESS

This problem usually sorts itself out automatically, but see the following for some suggestions:

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/ip-address-already-in-use/

If you keep getting these notifications, chances are that some device on your network is configured to use a static IP address that is within the range of addresses allocated by your router's DHCP server.

If you need some help in sorting out a situation like this, please provide the following information:

• the make and specific model of your router
    • the make and specific model of every device connected to your network, including printers, TV set top boxes, Internet of Things (IoT) devices, etc.
    If you have many devices connected to your network, download and run Advanced IP scanner (Advanced IP Scanner - Download Free Network Scanner.). This will list all of your currently-connected
    network devices and show their IP addresses.

4. spapakons Win User

Windows 10 as WiFi Hotspot not assigning IP addresses

I haven't tried, but you could connect your PC to the internet by cable and create an ad hoc wireless connection between the PC and the other device to get internet. Right-click on the network icon and select Network and Sharing Center. Then click on Change adapter settings. This shows all your adapters and connections. Right-click on the Ethernet connection and select Properties, then click the Sharing tab. Check the box to Allow sharing the connection and select your wireless connection from the list. I am not sure if it will work with automatic settings though, you may have to manually assign an IP address to the wireless connection. Then manually assign an IP address at the other device and set the Default gateway to the IP address of the PC's wireless connection. Also you have to create a new ad hoc connection and connect to that from the other device. I don't currently have a Wi-Fi card, so I cannot see the steps to guide you.

spapakons, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

1. How Do I Find The Device I am Sharing An IP Address With? - Similar Threads - Find Device Sharing

2. I want to know IP address of my PC so how to find IP address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to know IP address of my PC so how to find IP address?: I want to know IP address of my PC so how to find IP address ?thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-know-ip-address-of-my-pc-so-how-to-find/8305236f-7abe-4ced-99eb-98d2988b1ff8
  3. I want to know IP address of my PC so how to find IP address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to know IP address of my PC so how to find IP address?: I want to know IP address of my PC so how to find IP address ?thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-know-ip-address-of-my-pc-so-how-to-find/8305236f-7abe-4ced-99eb-98d2988b1ff8
  4. I want to know IP address of my PC so how to find IP address?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to find the actual IP addresses.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find the actual IP addresses.: Hi,I have been observing that there are suspicious network connections established with the following Microsoft domains from werfault.exe. These results have been generated from the EDR. umwatson.events.data.microsoft.com, kmwatson.events.data.microsoft.com :-...
  6. How to find the actual IP addresses.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to find the actual IP addresses.: Hi,I have been observing that there are suspicious network connections established with the following Microsoft domains from werfault.exe. These results have been generated from the EDR. umwatson.events.data.microsoft.com, kmwatson.events.data.microsoft.com :-...
  7. How can I find a printer's IP address?

How can I find a printer's IP address?: How can I find a printer's IP address in Windows 10? I sometimes need to access a Windows 10 PC with TeamViewer remote software. I sometimes can't find the printer's IP address, it doesn't appear under Control Panel > right click on Printer > Properties > Web Services tab...
  8. How do I find my IP address?

How do I find my IP address?: I'm considering getting a VPN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-ip-address/10492a2b-ab51-4ee8-8b4a-fde47545e59d
  9. WHAT IS MY IP ADDRESS? WHERE DO I FIND IT?

WHAT IS MY IP ADDRESS? WHERE DO I FIND IT?: WHERE DO I FIND MY IP ADDRESS IN MY COMPUTER? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-my-ip-address-where-do-i-find-it/9a934208-2be3-4452-a76e-e0adbacff44b
  10. Help! I can't remember how to find IP addresses of devices on network

Help! I can't remember how to find IP addresses of devices on network: I'm very embarrassed because of this. Can anyone guide me, please? BTW router in use is Billion 8800NL v1. 104972