Windows 10: How do I find the file for a picture I saw in my windows 10 Photos Screensaver

Discus and support How do I find the file for a picture I saw in my windows 10 Photos Screensaver in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have thousands (literally) of photos in my Pictures folder. I have my screen saver set to Photos and pointed to that folder. On occasion, I see a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ScottTreggiari, Oct 1, 2018.

1. How do I find the file for a picture I saw in my windows 10 Photos Screensaver

I have thousands (literally) of photos in my Pictures folder. I have my screen saver set to Photos and pointed to that folder. On occasion, I see a photo that I'd like to access for some reason or another (usually to send to someone it made me think of). But, of course, as soon as I touch the mouse or any key other than the forward or backward arrows, the screen saver shuts off and I lose the photo. Is there a way to instantly go to the file of a photo being displayed in the screensaver (an F key maybe, or something like that)?

:)

ScottTreggiari, Oct 1, 2018
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.How do I find the file for a picture I saw in my windows 10 Photos Screensaver :)

terrace, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Lost Picture ID + all photo files and Touchpad

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to ask if the option to keep files and settings was selected at the time of roll back to previous version.

Also, some files may be hidden. So, I suggest you to check the size of the drive where the photos were saved. If the files are hidden, suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type/ (copy & paste) the below command line.
    Attrib –h –r –s /s /d D:*.* (Replace the letter ”D” with the drive letter where the photos were saved)

Check if the photos are available.

For the ID picture on sign-in, can set it again by following the steps below:

• Go to PC Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • In the right pane, click on Browse under Add a Picture.
    • Select the desired picture and click on OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 1, 2018
  4. How do I find the file for a picture I saw in my windows 10 Photos Screensaver

Screensaver

Hi Brenda,

If the screensavers you want to use are only available in the Webshots program, then the program should be reloaded or reinstalled (if it's uninstalled) in order to use it as those screensavers or photos are not saved on your computer.

If you don't want to use the generic screensavers available in the Screen Saver Settings, you may use your own photos as screensavers. Just make sure to put all the photos in your Picture folder. To enable it, follow these steps:

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > Screen saver settings.
    • Click the dropdown under screen saver and set it to Photos.
    • Click the Settings option beside it and select the Picture
      folder where the photos are saved.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Please let me know if you need further assistance. I'm here to help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

How do I find the file for a picture I saw in my windows 10 Photos Screensaver

1. How do I find the file for a picture I saw in my windows 10 Photos Screensaver - Similar Threads - find file picture

2. SAW is not recognized as a SAW, how can I set my SAW as a SAW, this screenshot is taken on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SAW is not recognized as a SAW, how can I set my SAW as a SAW, this screenshot is taken on...: This screenshot is taken on my SAW and speaks for it self, this message should not appear!!When I want to control my remote device from my SAW I will get this message: !!!!!How can I set my SAW to a SAW so that Mouse Without borders recognizes my SAW as a SAW?...
  3. How do i find missing photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i find missing photos: How do I find missing photos in Windows 11?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-missing-photos/bde4c596-5a57-42bc-8323-0cba8b442350
  4. How do i find missing photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i find missing photos: How do I find missing photos in Windows 11?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-missing-photos/bde4c596-5a57-42bc-8323-0cba8b442350
  5. How do I find old photos?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I find old photos?: I took a number of pictures back in 2006 when I was running windows XP and stored them on my computer. If I open a sent email from 2006 with one of the pictures attached, I can open it in photoshop. The path is Desktop --> My name --> AppData --> Local -->OEClassic (my...
  6. Where do I find this Windows 10 picture?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where do I find this Windows 10 picture?: Saw this on someone's windows 10 background, but can't find it on the internet Would appreciate if someone can tell me where can I find it submitted by /u/Chelister [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixi2rm/where_do_i_find_this_windows_10_picture/
  7. Screensaver Photos - faster changing of the pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver Photos - faster changing of the pictures: Is there a way for the screensaver maybe in the registry to Set a specific time for the pictures to change. Not only slow/ medium/ fast Win 10 Enterprise 1809...
  8. How do I find the pictures I put in my favorites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I find the pictures I put in my favorites: how do I find the pictures I put in my favorites * Moved from IE10/other * Original title: photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-the-pictures-i-put-in-my-favorites/703937a0-4b33-423f-ba13-05eafef02d12
  9. I cant find my imported photos, they are NOT in my pictures file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant find my imported photos, they are NOT in my pictures file: ok, so the photos app still finds them, but I cant find them on explorer. i have checked by selecting view-details and looking for most recent - they are not there. I have also checked the settings on the window 10 photos app, and it has 3 folders, all of which are in the...
  10. How do I make a slideshow for the photos in my picture file?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make a slideshow for the photos in my picture file?: As a 70 year old senior citizen, does anyone have easy directions for me to make a slide show? I want to use the photos from my picture file in order to see them when I'm not actively using the computer. (I was able to chose a photo for my wallpaper.)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. What was the picture of I saw on my computer

2. where is picture i saw on my screen saver