Windows 10: How do I find the folder location of my CURRENT wallpaper jpg?

Discus and support How do I find the folder location of my CURRENT wallpaper jpg? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure how to find the location in which this current jpg resides. Can someone assist? 112857 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AshleyQuick, Jun 24, 2018.

1. AshleyQuick Win User

How do I find the folder location of my CURRENT wallpaper jpg?

I'm not sure how to find the location in which this current jpg resides. Can someone assist?

:)

AshleyQuick, Jun 24, 2018
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Jun 24, 2018
  3. Gerard Qui Win User
    Windows 10 Surface Pro 3 Looking for lock screen photo location

Hi Dennis,

To find the location of Windows wallpaper images, we suggest following these steps:

• Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\Web.
    • You'll find separate folders labeled Wallpaper and Screen.
    • Screen folder contains images for Windows 10 lock screen.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Jun 24, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Where is Wallpaper stored?

TrustMe, I've looked at the location you suggest and they are not there.

Edwin, what is in that folder is only the current wallpaper image, nothing else.

Thanks.

fireberd, Jun 24, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I find the folder location of my CURRENT wallpaper jpg? - Similar Threads - find folder location

2. How do I preset my wallpaper for a dual monitor setup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I preset my wallpaper for a dual monitor setup?: Okay, this may sound confusing but please bear with me. I have an external monitor plugged into a laptop when I work, but when I travel of course I just take the laptop with me. Now, I know I am able to do separate wallpapers for each display(Laptop and External) however,...
  3. How do I find my archived mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I find my archived mail?: So I was clearing out my mail and I wanted to save some email so I could look at them later. I decided to archive them so I could do just that. Problem is: I have no idea how to access my archive. I've looked at other threads and they all talk about using outlook emails or...
  4. How do I find my wifi passphrase on my computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I find my wifi passphrase on my computer?: wifi is connected, but I need to get the passphrase to connect another device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-do-i-find-my-wifi-passphrase-on-my-computer/70448f73-6d8a-4e13-b62e-d523ff3ecc86
  5. How do I locate my background image file?

How do I locate my background image file?: Can someone help me? I have an image as my background that I would like to locate (the original file) on my computer in order save for later....
  6. Get folder location of my CURRENT wallpaper jpg?

Get folder location of my CURRENT wallpaper jpg?: I'm not sure how to find the location in which this current jpg resides. Can someone assist? 112857
  7. How do I find the original default lockscreen wallpaper

How do I find the original default lockscreen wallpaper: Hi, I have this simple problem but I can't find the solution. Basically my daughter got a laptop and she changed a few theme settings and now the lockscreen wallpaper changed. The problem is she really liked the original one with the seal/sea lion swimming in the sea, but I...
  8. How do I locate my Administrator details?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I locate my Administrator details?: I have been asked to sign in using my Administrator details but I can't remember what I put? Thanks 85848
  9. How Do I Find My DVD Drive's Manufacturer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How Do I Find My DVD Drive's Manufacturer?: In both BIOS and Device Manager, the name is HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUC0N. When I searched the internet I couldn't find any useful information. In Device Manager, when I opened the driver's Properties dialog, for manufacturer it said, "Standard CD-ROM Drives." When I searched for...
  10. How do I find file properties like" location"?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I find file properties like" location"?: I want the "Photos" app to open certain files from windows explorer by default. When I click on "Open with" the win 10 app "photos" is not on the drop down list. When I go to find it, I right click on the app on the 10 home screen and properties is not listed so I can't get...