How do I find the folder location of my CURRENT wallpaper jpg?

Discus and support How do I find the folder location of my CURRENT wallpaper jpg? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure how to find the location in which this current jpg resides. Can someone assist? 112857 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AshleyQuick, Jun 24, 2018.

1. AshleyQuick Win User

I'm not sure how to find the location in which this current jpg resides. Can someone assist?

:)

AshleyQuick, Jun 24, 2018
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Jun 24, 2018
  3. Gerard Qui Win User
    Windows 10 Surface Pro 3 Looking for lock screen photo location

Hi Dennis,

To find the location of Windows wallpaper images, we suggest following these steps:

• Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\Web.
    • You'll find separate folders labeled Wallpaper and Screen.
    • Screen folder contains images for Windows 10 lock screen.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Jun 24, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Where is Wallpaper stored?

TrustMe, I've looked at the location you suggest and they are not there.

Edwin, what is in that folder is only the current wallpaper image, nothing else.

Thanks.

fireberd, Jun 24, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I find the folder location of my CURRENT wallpaper jpg? - Similar Threads - find folder location

2. Find large *folders* on hard disks

in Windows 10 Support
    Find large *folders* on hard disks: My hard disk is full. I need to empty some space. I'm trying to locate the large folders I can empty. However there seems no good way to locate these folders in windows. Trying to search via Win Explorer Search option: "size:gigantic kind:=folder", simply doesn't work. It...
  3. Trying to find folder deleted during Free File Sync backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to find folder deleted during Free File Sync backup: Occasionally I do a sync between a portable drive and my work PC (Windows 10) using Free File Sync. The latest sync, February 20, I think I tweaked the settings I normally do and it deleted a couple files. I was able to find most of them in a folder that was created by FFS...
  4. Find Folders Without Filetype - Need App Suggestion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find Folders Without Filetype - Need App Suggestion: Hi all, I am looking for a freeware utility or perhaps something with a small price tag that can search a folder, and return a list of subfolders that do NOT contain a specific file type. So, I'm not looking to find files, but looking to find folders that don't contain...
  5. Find number of folders in every sub-folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Find number of folders in every sub-folder: This is not exactly Windows questions. I wasn't too sure where to post, hence posting here. Admins, feel free to move to appropriate forum. Here is the task, I have 'C:\Data' folder that contains 1000s of folders. Each Subfolder should ideally contain one child folder in...
  6. Is it possible to find who the original creator of a file or folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to find who the original creator of a file or folder?: I am trying to see who the original creator of a file or folder in Windows 10, or in general Windows OS. Is this possible if the files were copied from another device or computer? I know I can change ownership of a file (or folder), but after it's copied to another device is...
  7. Accidentally copied / moved some files: find out folders, files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally copied / moved some files: find out folders, files?: I have (obviously with a shortcut or so) accidentally copied / moved some files I do not know from a folder I do not know to a folder I do not know. Is there a way to find out these folders / files? Is there a log or such? 86062
  8. Find like files of single folder across whole computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Find like files of single folder across whole computer: I want to use a single folder as a base for file compare but scan the whole computer for like or same file/folder names.My archive folders are as fragmented as my mind. 0-o 74355
  9. Windows says I already have a My Pictures folder, but I can't find it

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows says I already have a My Pictures folder, but I can't find it: I tried to rename My Pics to My Pictures but windows says "This destination already contains a folder named 'My Pictures'." I can merge them but I want to see whats in 'My Pictures' first. Problem is I can't find it. 68327
  10. "We couldn't find the location of your OneDrive folder"

in Windows 10 Support
    "We couldn't find the location of your OneDrive folder": My computer suddenly developed two problems which popped up at the same time. When I log into Windows 10 and it boots up, I get a popup which says "We couldn't find the location of your OneDrive folder". The pop-up asks me to click to reconfigure OneDrive. That wouldn't be a...