Windows 10: how do I find the icon for my printer? it is not showing on the list

Discus and support how do I find the icon for my printer? it is not showing on the list in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to know why the printer icon is not on the list... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AngelaBrigante, Jun 4, 2019.

1. how do I find the icon for my printer? it is not showing on the list

I want to know why the printer icon is not on the list

:)

AngelaBrigante, Jun 4, 2019

2. No home icon , no printer icon. also other icons such as address bar in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you referring to home icon and printer icon in Microsoft Edge or File explorer?
    • Are you referring Address bar in Windows File Explorer or any other app/program?
    For getting Printer icon, I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Representative Printer Icons Replaced by Generic Printer Icons

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to remove the icon and add the icon again.

If this doesn't helps, uninstall and Reinstall the Printer's Driver.

Step 1: Uninstall the Printer's Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Printer from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
      the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2:Go to the Printer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the printer model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 4, 2019
  4. JohnD Win User

how do I find the icon for my printer? it is not showing on the list

Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

!'m not sure how I did it but all seems well now. It was something like Deacon suggested plus a re-boot or two. It's now listed as a printer, not as unspecified.

how do I find the icon for my printer? it is not showing on the list [​IMG]

Update the list still doesn't work.

Thanks for your support.

PS MS's Update catalogue is very useful. E.g. Microsoft Update Catalog

JohnD, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

how do I find the icon for my printer? it is not showing on the list

1. how do I find the icon for my printer? it is not showing on the list - Similar Threads - find icon printer

2. where do I find the list of printers connected to my laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    where do I find the list of printers connected to my laptop?: where to I find the printers connected to my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-the-list-of-printers-connected-to/185cec9c-8ab4-424a-ae36-fadcf2b37cc8
  3. where do I find the list of printers connected to my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where do I find the list of printers connected to my laptop?: where to I find the printers connected to my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-the-list-of-printers-connected-to/185cec9c-8ab4-424a-ae36-fadcf2b37cc8
  4. where do I find the list of printers connected to my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how do I find my blocked senders list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I find my blocked senders list: how do I find my blocked senders list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-blocked-senders-list/a5025aac-40fc-4af5-8f70-e6284d89fe64
  6. I have installed my printer but it's not on the list of devices and printers. How do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have installed my printer but it's not on the list of devices and printers. How do I...: I have installed my printer but it's not on the list of devices and printers. How do I connect the printer to my computer just like what the statement says in the picture?...
  7. I have installed my printer but it's not on the list of devices and printers. How do I...

I have installed my printer but it's not on the list of devices and printers. How do I...: I have installed my printer but it's not on the list of devices and printers. How do I connect the printer to my computer just like what the statement says in the picture?...
  8. I have installed my printer but it's not on the list of devices and printers. How do I...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. How do i find a list of my programs on computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i find a list of my programs on computer?: Where are they located? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-a-list-of-my-programs-on-computer/d579fec3-52fb-4acc-943e-c3a268b8a663"
  10. How do I find my contact list?

How do I find my contact list?: How do I find my contact list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-contact-list/1656df7f-9203-4f59-9a92-16b2b030de5c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to add printer icon win 10

2. Find my printer icon