Windows 10: How do I find the missing codec of an .mov?

Discus and support How do I find the missing codec of an .mov? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Upon opening up an .MOV file. I get the message: Missing codec. This item was encoded in a format that's not supported. 0xc00d5212. I have opened up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sabrinabbb3, May 30, 2020.

1. How do I find the missing codec of an .mov?

Upon opening up an .MOV file. I get the message: Missing codec. This item was encoded in a format that's not supported. 0xc00d5212. I have opened up many other like files without a problem. The video function is not working. The audio function works.

I can open up the same .MOV file in Drop-Box without a problem but not after I have downloaded it to my desktop.

:)

Sabrinabbb3, May 30, 2020
  2. Vario Win User

Mov codec broken.

My mov codec must be broken. All the *.mov files are opening, but the colors are all damaged. Any suggestions? I have tried quick time alternative as well as quicktime with the same result. Whats the best way to clean out the old codecs so I can reinstall.

Vario, May 30, 2020
  3. MOV files won't play, "missing codec 0xc00d36b4"

Immediately after the most recent windows 10 update, my MOV files won't play. It states this item is in a format we don't support. Missing Codec. 0xc00d36b4

I am at a total loss, help.

BananaNanner, May 30, 2020
  4. RDDawson Win User

How do I find the missing codec of an .mov?

codec missing when running .mov file with Windows Media Player

Hi,

I'm trying to play a .mov file that was recorded with an iPhone on my windows 10 pc. When it plays, I get the error "missing codec, the item was encoded in a format that's not supported, 0xc00d5212". I select Close and the audio plays, but no video.

The file is good as it runs under Google Photos and my friends computer (the person who recorded it and shared it with me). I have searched around the web a lot. Multiple places refer to setting the Download
    codecs automatically option on Media Player under Tools, Options, Player tab, but it's not there in my version. I am running version 12 that seems to be the latest and I am the administrator, the only user on my PC.

I've looked at the file properties in Media Player, but there is no Audio codec or Video codec listed.

I would think this is very common to want to run a video recorded on an iPhone on a windows PC. Please help, how to I get the correct codec installed for iPhone MOV files.

Thank you!!!

RDDawson, May 30, 2020
Thema:

How do I find the missing codec of an .mov?

1. How do I find the missing codec of an .mov? - Similar Threads - find missing codec

2. how do i find a missing mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i find a missing mouse: how can i recover a missing mouse? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-a-missing-mouse/44cd14fa-2d1b-48ba-836e-8555d617cd2a
  3. Missing Codecs

Missing Codecs: I went to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/shell-experience/media-player-11-not-play-video#resolution, Paul gave me the link but I have lost his reply to my question, who knows where it went, but I digress. The link wasn't any good to me as I don't...
  4. missing Codecs

missing Codecs: I apparently have MISSING CODECS from my MEDIA PLAYER WINDOWS 10 that I didn't know were missing as I hardly ever play video on my LENOVO iDEA PAD 330. I discovered that the Codecs were missing when I couldn't play a video & I was informed thussly. How do I go about...
  5. Missing Codec

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Codec: I'm hoping someone can help me figure out why this happening and how to fix it for good. I bought a 2TB flash drive to store videos on to free up hard drive space. I transfer over 500+ only to find that they wouldn't play. I looked at the files PROPERTIES and found that...
  6. 0xc00d36b4 Missing CODEC. .MOV camcorder videos will not show the video, just sound

0xc00d36b4 Missing CODEC. .MOV camcorder videos will not show the video, just sound: At some point in the past all of my camcorder .MOV videos have stopped playing. I get sound but no video. I get an error: Missing codec. Choose something else to play. This item is in a format we don't support. 0xc00d36b4 Send feedback. In searching for help there is so...
  7. MOV files won't play, "missing codec 0xc00d36b4"

MOV files won't play, "missing codec 0xc00d36b4": Immediately after the most recent windows 10 update, my MOV files won't play. It states this item is in a format we don't support. Missing Codec. 0xc00d36b4 I am at a total loss, help....
  8. codec missing when running .mov file with Windows Media Player

codec missing when running .mov file with Windows Media Player: Hi, I'm trying to play a .mov file that was recorded with an iPhone on my windows 10 pc. When it plays, I get the error "missing codec, the item was encoded in a format that's not supported, 0xc00d5212". I select Close and the audio plays, but no video. The file is good...
  9. Missing Codec?

Missing Codec?: Hello, I am trying to load a video that I took ith my Sony X3000. I have tried to download the video and my windows 10 says that it will not support the codec that was used to compress the file. I have no idea what that means I just wanted to be able to load my video and...
  10. Missing codec

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Missing codec: Trying to play a video that i took, this item was encoded in a format thats not supported how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/missing-codec/3b6256e6-7522-472a-a347-8d49b3352d3c"