Windows 10: How do I find the original default lockscreen wallpaper

Discus and support How do I find the original default lockscreen wallpaper in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have this simple problem but I can't find the solution. Basically my daughter got a laptop and she changed a few theme settings and now the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Betersweter, Dec 31, 2017.

1. How do I find the original default lockscreen wallpaper

Hi,
    I have this simple problem but I can't find the solution. Basically my daughter got a laptop and she changed a few theme settings and now the lockscreen wallpaper changed. The problem is she really liked the original one with the seal/sea lion swimming in the sea, but I can't find it anywhere. I tried looking here: This PC > Local Disk (CHow do I find the original default lockscreen wallpaper :) > Users > Username > AppData > Local > Packages > Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy > LocalState > Assets
    and here: This PC > Local Disk (CHow do I find the original default lockscreen wallpaper :) > Windows > Web
    and here: This PC > Local Disk (CHow do I find the original default lockscreen wallpaper :) > Users > Username > AppData> Local > Microsoft > Windows > Theme
    I also tried on the internet but it is nowhere to be found.
    Do you have an idea where could it be?

:)

Betersweter, Dec 31, 2017
  2. _Drew Win User

Windows 10 lockscreen

I got windows 10, and I can't find out how to disable the lockscreen, I don't want to type in a password everytime or a pin number. I also want to know how to how to change the wallpaper on the lockscreen, I know how to change the cover of the lockscreen
    but when I swipe up I enter the password login screen and the 2nd wallpaper is the windows 10 logo, I want to know if I can change that and how.

Thanks

_Drew, Dec 31, 2017
  3. C7, how to put a wallpaper on lockscreen(belle)

hi, i just want to ask regarding how to put a background wallpaper on the phone's lockscreen, i have been reading symbian belle's features, and it says that there is one like that, but i cant seem to know/find how to do it..also the lockscreen notifications,
    how to put that??

can anyone share..thanks a lot...

patricksayas, Dec 31, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

How do I find the original default lockscreen wallpaper

Hello, @Betersweter. Welcome to Windows TenForums.

Open the Settings app (Hold Windows key then press I) > Personalization > Lock screen > Choose picture in the drop down menu. Is it there?

Tony K, Dec 31, 2017
  5. I already looked there too. It's not there.

6. Edwin New Member
    For the life of me, I can't remember what it looked like!

Is this it?
    (If so, help yourself! *Smile click on image, right click and 'save as')

How do I find the original default lockscreen wallpaper [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 31, 2017
  7. Yes! Thank you so much! *Smile

8. Edwin New Member

My pleasure! *Thumbs

Edwin, Dec 31, 2017
  9. dmholt57 Win User
    Here is where the lockscreen images are stored, copy all the files to a new folder then delete what you don't want to keep. You have to set hidden files and folders to be visible.

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalSta te\Assets

dmholt57, Dec 31, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    Yes, that's where Spotlight images are kept, but the trouble is they change regularly anyway. If you want to keep one you'll have to copy it to somewhere else. Also, note that you'll have to add a .jpg extension to the copy, the Spotlight images have no extension.

If you like that seal image, you might like to know a bit more about it...
    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/p...pagos-islands/

Thema:

1. How do I find the original default lockscreen wallpaper - Similar Threads - find original default

2. How do I restore original defaults?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore original defaults?: how to restore back to original defaults? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-original-defaults/99f83279-3e43-4da3-8594-d350933fd50d
  3. How do I restore original defaults?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore original defaults?: how to restore back to original defaults? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-original-defaults/99f83279-3e43-4da3-8594-d350933fd50d
  4. Lockscreen wallpaper switches to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockscreen wallpaper switches to default: Hi, recently I've noticed that my lockscreen wallpaper switches to the default image every now and then when booting up. There's only one account on the computer and that account has a custom wallpaper as the lockscreen. When I turn on the system it'll sometimes display the...
  5. Lockscreen wallpaper switches to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lockscreen wallpaper switches to default: Hi, recently I've noticed that my lockscreen wallpaper switches to the default image every now and then when booting up. There's only one account on the computer and that account has a custom wallpaper as the lockscreen. When I turn on the system it'll sometimes display the...
  6. Lockscreen wallpaper switches to default

7. Cannot find default wallpaper, how to debug

Cannot find default wallpaper, how to debug: The thing is I have a company computer where organization settings are applied. However I have administrator rights on the pc. The wallpaper is a fixed image I needed to change for personal reasons. I have found that the image is set in the following path and deleted it and...
  8. Cannot find default wallpaper, how to debug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find default wallpaper, how to debug: The thing is I have a company computer where organization settings are applied. However I have administrator rights on the pc. The wallpaper is a fixed image I needed to change for personal reasons. I have found that the image is set in the following path and deleted it and...
  9. Cannot find default wallpaper, how to debug

10. Lockscreen Wallpaper

Lockscreen Wallpaper: I can't change the lockscreen wallpaper, Everytime i want to change wallpaper I select wallpaper then wallpaper is only loading not applying. Windows spotlight also isn't working. When i select windows spotlight, i see only blue colour in Lockscreen.i have many times reset my...