Windows 10: How do I find the path to the ISO file of a mounted virtual DVD.

Discus and support How do I find the path to the ISO file of a mounted virtual DVD. in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Downloaded Windows 10 Iso using a program from one of the links here: Windows ISO Version 1511 help needed - Windows 10 Forums, and I have the ISO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Fafhrd, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Fafhrd Win User

How do I find the path to the ISO file of a mounted virtual DVD.

Downloaded Windows 10 Iso using a program from one of the links here: Windows ISO Version 1511 help needed - Windows 10 Forums, and I have the ISO mounted as a virtual DVD drive - but cannot find where the ISO has downloaded to.

Is there an easy generic way - command line, Powershell command or other way to trace the file location of the source of a mounted ISO file?

:)

Fafhrd, Aug 18, 2016

2. How do I find the file path to a file or folder called old documents?

How do I find the path to a folder called old documents on my D drive?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

AlanHeilpern, Aug 18, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    How do I find the file path to a file or folder called old documents?

• Open File Explorer
    • Double-click on the icon for the D drive
    • Click in the Search box in the upper right corner
    • Type: old documents
    • Press Enter (You may not need to press Enter)

When you see your Old Documents folder you have found the path

BulldogXX, Aug 18, 2016
  4. Kyhi Win User

Usually "Downloads" folder

5. Fafhrd Win User
    But if not in downloads folder, and not in the temp folders of the browsers I use, is there a command or registry key that shows where the file is located, without doing a search on *.iso over all my possible locations then checking each ISO file to see if it is the one mounted?

Fafhrd, Aug 18, 2016
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    I've moved mine, but if you right click the ISO and look at properties, it will show.

How do I find the path to the ISO file of a mounted virtual DVD. [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Aug 18, 2016
  7. Fafhrd Win User
    I can't check the Iso, if I don't know where it is located from the Virtual DVD file manager entry!

All I have is:

Code: CD Drive (LHow do I find the path to the ISO file of a mounted virtual DVD. :) CCSA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV5[/quote] in File Explorer, nothing in Properties to sheow where the ISO originates from on the disk.

Fafhrd, Aug 18, 2016
  8. f14tomcat Win User

in File Explorer, nothing in Properties to sheow where the ISO originates from on the disk.[/quote] Sorry. How did you get it mounted? Which link, exactly did you use to DL it? Did the site download it and mount it automatically?

If you can post the exact link you used, I'll try it, and see where it puts it.

f14tomcat, Aug 18, 2016
  9. Fafhrd Win User
    Not exactly what I'm asking Dick - I can use search to find all *.iso files and work out by trial and error where the file is lurking, or probably find some Mount location in Regedit - if I search long enough,

- BUT, is there an easy way to locate an ISO file which has been mounted in File Explorer, and you cannot remember where the file might be over several terabytes of storage?

However, The Link is :

Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool

from : Windows ISO Version 1511 help needed - Windows 10 Forums

The program, has save or open options (see derekimo's post above) - I guess I might have clicked open rather than save - and to save you the bother of doing the search, I found it in:

C:\Users\MSUser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\T5QLPI0M\Win10_English_x64[1].iso

But I don't use Internet Explorer - the downloader apparently does though!

Fafhrd, Aug 18, 2016
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    - BUT, is there an easy way to locate an ISO file which has been mounted in File Explorer, and you cannot remember where the file might be over several terabytes of storage?

I've searched high and low....if there is, I can't find it.

f14tomcat, Aug 18, 2016
  11. RolandJS Win User
    Does Windows 10 allow one to check a box within Explorer settings: show full path... ?

RolandJS, Aug 18, 2016
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    You can do this:

How do I find the path to the ISO file of a mounted virtual DVD. [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Aug 18, 2016
  13. Fafhrd Win User

Neither can I, Dick - thanks for looking - considering the iso mount feature has been around since Windows 8, it's a bit of a mystery.

In a reasonable world, it should show up in properties for the drive as Isofile.Path: C:\Users\MSUser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\T5QLPI0M\Win10_English_x64[1].iso

Fafhrd, Aug 18, 2016
  14. antrill Win User
    - Open an elevated Powershell window
    - Enter the following:
    get-volume [DRIVELETTER:] | get-diskimage

This will output the path along with some other info.

- EDIT - At least this works in Server 2012R2. I'm not sure it does in Windows 10.

antrill, Sep 5, 2016
  15. topgundcp Win User
    I am not sure if this anwers your question but in every browser you use whether it's Firefox, Chrome, IE, Opera etc... there's an option to set the default download folder. I normally set it to Desktop so anything I download would be on Desktop, it would be easier to save/move it to somewhere else or delete it if I no longer need it.

topgundcp, Sep 5, 2016
Thema:

1. How do I find the path to the ISO file of a mounted virtual DVD. - Similar Threads - find path ISO

2. How to check File Path of Mounted ISO in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to check File Path of Mounted ISO in Windows 11: [IMG]This post shows how to check the file path of mounted ISO on a Windows 11/10 PC. This comes in handy when you don’t remember the actual location of the mounted ISO image file stored on your PC. We have covered some easy options to find the file path or location of a...
  3. Can't mount ISO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't mount ISO file: After upgrading from Window 10 64 to Windows 11 I can't mount ISO files. I have mount options in Explorer and after choosing it Windows Explorer stops responding. That is the situation with all ISO files, even with those ones, downloaded with Windows 10 on the same notebook...
  4. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem mounting the iso file: I am having two virtual machines, server 1 and server-db.I have copied an sql iso file from server1 to server db. But when i try to install sql on db server, it is giving me an error “sorry, there was a problem mounting the file”.I have copied the iso file through UNC...
  5. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem mounting the iso file: I am having two virtual machines, server 1 and server-db.I have copied an sql iso file from server1 to server db. But when i try to install sql on db server, it is giving me an error “sorry, there was a problem mounting the file”.I have copied the iso file through UNC...
  6. Iso file mounting

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Iso file mounting: I want to know if you can delete the ISO File right after you mount it, does it keep mounted? Because I am having low space in my driver and I want to install this app, but the size is bigger than my available space so that's why. 144282
  7. ISO Files Won't Mount

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ISO Files Won't Mount: [ATTACH] Hello, I've been having trouble with opening/mounting ISO files. These problems didn't happen before and have never happened before, so you can imagine my bewilderment. I click on the ISO files and my computer appears to be processing it, since I get the hour glass...
  8. How do I mount an ISO file?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I mount an ISO file?: I keep reading that Windows 10 natively supports ISO files, but that doesn't seem to be true on my machine. When I right-click on an ISO file, I do not see a "Mount" option....
  9. Mount DVD ISO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mount DVD ISO: Hey guys, I have a copy of Battle for Middle Earth and I want to be able to play it without the disc since I have no optical drive. Currently I use an external optical drive every time I want to play but it's becoming quite a hassle. I've searched for a long time trying to...
  10. Mounting ISO file

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Mounting ISO file: I just recently updated from windows 7 to windows 10 I use ISO files regularly and need to get this fixed. I am unable to mount any iso files or even run and iso mounting software. I keep reading that all i have to do is select the file and i should be given the option either...