Windows 10: How do I find the Usable RAM on a Surface Laptop 2?

Discus and support How do I find the Usable RAM on a Surface Laptop 2? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need to be able to find out the "Usable RAM" on my Surface Laptop 2 in order to ensure it will be compatible with the download of some exam taking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZackLaw, May 17, 2022.

1. ZackLaw Win User

How do I find the Usable RAM on a Surface Laptop 2?

I need to be able to find out the "Usable RAM" on my Surface Laptop 2 in order to ensure it will be compatible with the download of some exam taking software. Under Device Specifications, it lists the Installed RAM as 8.00 GB, but no Usable RAM is listed having done some brief research, Installed RAM and Usable RAM appear to be different. Under System Information, it states Total Physical Memory of 7.92 GB; is this what Usable RAM is? Under System Information, there is also Available Physical Memory, but the number of GB listed under Available Physical Memory varies with each program I open.

:)

ZackLaw, May 17, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, How do I find the Usable RAM on a Surface Laptop 2? :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, May 17, 2022
  3. RonFadoir Win User
    Usable RAM reported is much lower than available RAM

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 Pro. It recognizes my 8 GB of RAM but only shows 2.93 GB as usable. I went on line used the suggested msconfig to change the maximum memory in the advanced boot settings to 8192. it was set at 0. I also went into system
    settings and turned off the automatic page filing size under the virtual memory settings. I save the settings and rebooted my computer by the changes to the maximum memory size did not take and were set back to 0. I've tried this several times but still only
    get 2.93 GB of usable RAM of the 8 GB of available RAM reported. Any other suggestions on how to fix this issue would be appreciated

RonFadoir, May 17, 2022
  4. How do I find the Usable RAM on a Surface Laptop 2?

1.71gb Usable RAM of 4gb

I have Windows 10 32 bit installed in my laptop. I upgraded the memory to 2+2gb. It has two slots. BIOS Says that the RAM is 4gb Installed. But in my windows it looks different. It has 4gb, 2.98gb Usable. I try to replugging the RAM. After it, the usable
    RAM is 1.71gb of 4gb ram. I have tried to uncheck maximum memory in MsConfig, but nothing was happened. You can see the shared memory in the image below. I tried to open the bios, it says 4 gb of ram installed. My laptop is Lenovo B40-45 with AMD APU A8-6410
    Processor. How to solve the problem? Help me please

Faizz Jazadi, May 17, 2022
Thema:

How do I find the Usable RAM on a Surface Laptop 2?

1. How do I find the Usable RAM on a Surface Laptop 2? - Similar Threads - find Usable RAM

2. Usable Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usable Ram: I have Windows 11 download with a 64-bit operating system and a x64-based processor but when I check my ram it says I have 8GB of ram but 7.98 usable! Does any know how to get my 7.98 GB of ram back?...
  3. Usable Ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usable Ram: I have Windows 11 download with a 64-bit operating system and a x64-based processor but when I check my ram it says I have 8GB of ram but 7.98 usable! Does any know how to get my 7.98 GB of ram back?...
  4. How do I find the Usable RAM on a Surface Laptop 2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find the Usable RAM on a Surface Laptop 2?: I need to be able to find out the "Usable RAM" on my Surface Laptop 2 in order to ensure it will be compatible with the download of some exam taking software. Under Device Specifications, it lists the Installed RAM as 8.00 GB, but no Usable RAM is listed having done some...
  5. How do I find the Usable RAM on a Surface Laptop 2?

How do I find the Usable RAM on a Surface Laptop 2?: I need to be able to find out the "Usable RAM" on my Surface Laptop 2 in order to ensure it will be compatible with the download of some exam taking software. Under Device Specifications, it lists the Installed RAM as 8.00 GB, but no Usable RAM is listed having done some...
  6. How to expand usable ram?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to expand usable ram?: I've been asking a lot of questions this week but alright, I have 8 GB installed ram and I always notice my pc using 80% ram. I've checked specifications and shown 5.75 GB usable. How do I make use of those, even just half of the usable ram would be fine....
  7. How to expand usable ram?

How to expand usable ram?: I've been asking a lot of questions this week but alright, I have 8 GB installed ram and I always notice my pc using 80% ram. I've checked specifications and shown 5.75 GB usable. How do I make use of those, even just half of the usable ram would be fine....
  8. How to expand usable ram?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Usable Ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Usable Ram: I have 4GB installed on my pc and it says 3.5GB usable only, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usable-ram/7ed6d799-244f-4e07-a295-e364185167d4
  10. Usable RAM.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usable RAM.: Hello, I have 4 GB of RAM installed in my computer. But it shows that only 3.7 is usable. Please help me ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usable-ram/58afd9d1-86a8-4fe7-bcbd-5431b825ab37