Windows 10: How do I find the video project I was working on before I reset the Windows 10 Photos App?

Discus and support How do I find the video project I was working on before I reset the Windows 10 Photos App? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was hours into making a video project. I looked in this forum for how to save the project and work on it later, and saw that there is no save button;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GabeB_596, Sep 10, 2019.

1. GabeB_596 Win User

How do I find the video project I was working on before I reset the Windows 10 Photos App?

I was hours into making a video project. I looked in this forum for how to save the project and work on it later, and saw that there is no save button; your progress saves automatically. So I closed the Photos App, knowing my project was saved automatically. When I reopened the app and tried to open my video project, the app would just freeze up. I waited up to 15 minutes and it wouldn't load my project, after several tries. So, once again seeking help from this forum, I learned that I should go into App Setting and reset Photos, then restart my computer. I did that, and now I can't find my video project. This all seemed much simpler in the Movie Maker days, when you would save your project in a file location to be worked on later. Please help; I really hope my project isn't lost.

:)

GabeB_596, Sep 10, 2019

2. Windows Photos Export Video Project Problem

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the Photos App, while exporting video project. We were able to create and export the video project. So the issue could be with photos app installed in the PC. I would suggest you
    to follow the steps mentioned in these methods.

Method 1: Please refer the steps as mentioned in

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    article.

Method 2: You can also try to re-install the app using PowerShell. Here are steps to re-install photos app:

1. Open PowerShell (Admin). Right click on the start button and then on PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Then type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    3. Once the above command is successful. You can install the Photo app from Microsoft Store.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Video projects disappeared after photo app reset

Very very upset as all my video projects in windows 10 photo app seem to have disappeared. One project is still there but about twenty others are all gone. Any help to find them would be appreciated. This all happened after I did a reset to the photo
    app.

scottfactor, Sep 10, 2019
  4. How do I find the video project I was working on before I reset the Windows 10 Photos App?

Video projects disappeared after photo app reset

olegГончар, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

How do I find the video project I was working on before I reset the Windows 10 Photos App?

1. How do I find the video project I was working on before I reset the Windows 10 Photos App? - Similar Threads - find video project

2. How Do I Create a New Video Project in Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Create a New Video Project in Photos App: [ATTACH]I have attached a screenshot of a Photos App task bar. I have been trying to figure out how to create a new video project so that I can cut together a bunch of short videos into one lone one. There is no option in my task bar to start a new video project....
  3. Windows 10 Photos - Video Project forgets picture order and duration - how do I fix this?

Windows 10 Photos - Video Project forgets picture order and duration - how do I fix this?: I added 10 photos to a brand new video project in Microsoft Windows 10 Photos app, but not matter how many times I save (presumably ctrl+s does that, since no other obvious "save project changes" technique seems to exist), the next time I edit the project, the photos are back...
  4. Windows 10 Photo, I lost all my video projects after a photo app RESET.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Photo, I lost all my video projects after a photo app RESET.: Windows 10 Photo wasn't working properly. Was very slow and some of my video projects would not load. After research, I tried to use the apps Repair feature, but no improvement. So I tried the RESET option and when the app opened, all my video projects were gone. Can I...
  5. video project can't find photos now!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    video project can't find photos now!: I am in the midst of finishing a video project (in photos video editor). When I opened it today, only 2 out of 150 photos remain in the storyboard. All the other photos are blank with a msg "We can't find this file!". I have not moved nor renamed the file folder wherein all...
  6. Saved Video Project in Windows 10 photo app

Saved Video Project in Windows 10 photo app: After trying to add more photos to my continuing photo video project, it has arbitrarily stopped opening. Keep getting a message that project won't open and to try again in a few moments. Have been trying off and on for over 24 hours. What is wrong? Did an update mess this...
  7. Windows Video Projects in the Photos app

Windows Video Projects in the Photos app: How can I export the video, every time i try the 'finish video' it loads for a bit, the percent goes up- but then stops around 70 and I get this: Unsupported video type or invalid file path, so 1- what video type does it need to be, and how can i change or check that? 2-...
  8. How do I duplicate a video project made with Windows 10 photos app?

How do I duplicate a video project made with Windows 10 photos app?: Hi. How do I duplicate a video project made with Windows 10 photos app? There's no mechanism to copy and paste a project. Where is the project file stored? Backing up to onedrive just stores a copy of the video clip within the project, not the actual project itself so...
  9. Video projects in photo app

Video projects in photo app: how do you finish and finalize the video project in photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-projects-in-photo-app/5095e798-b5b3-41df-9008-64c7144742c0
  10. Video projects disappeared after photo app reset

Video projects disappeared after photo app reset: Very very upset as all my video projects in windows 10 photo app seem to have disappeared. One project is still there but about twenty others are all gone. Any help to find them would be appreciated. This all happened after I did a reset to the photo app....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 my video projects lost video

2. lost windows video project

3. resetting microsoft photos lost my video projects