Windows 10: How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

Discus and support How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Storage usage shows 130 GB used by Installed apps, but when I click for more details, the list provided doesn't add up to that at all. Where is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by brotemkin McDonalds, Mar 19, 2024.

1. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

Storage usage shows 130 GB used by Installed apps, but when I click for more details, the list provided doesn't add up to that at all. Where is the rest of that 130 GB?I'm trying to add screenshots here but they won't seem to upload for some reason.

:)

brotemkin McDonalds, Mar 19, 2024

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Mar 19, 2024
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CHow do I find what's taking up space on my C drive? :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Mar 19, 2024
  4. Anwille Win User

How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Mar 19, 2024
Thema:

How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

1. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive? - Similar Threads - find what's taking

2. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?: Storage usage shows 130 GB used by Installed apps, but when I click for more details, the list provided doesn't add up to that at all. Where is the rest of that 130 GB?I'm trying to add screenshots here but they won't seem to upload for some reason....
  3. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?: Storage usage shows 130 GB used by Installed apps, but when I click for more details, the list provided doesn't add up to that at all. Where is the rest of that 130 GB?I'm trying to add screenshots here but they won't seem to upload for some reason....
  4. Something is taking up space on my C drive and I don't know what it is.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is taking up space on my C drive and I don't know what it is.: I've scanned for malware, I troubleshooted it, and for some reason I don't have space on it at all.When I go to system storage even the numbers of GB don't add up.It says 160 GB is taken, but when I add all GB together it should only be around 120 even that sounds like it's...
  5. Something is taking up space on my C drive and I don't know what it is.

Something is taking up space on my C drive and I don't know what it is.: I've scanned for malware, I troubleshooted it, and for some reason I don't have space on it at all.When I go to system storage even the numbers of GB don't add up.It says 160 GB is taken, but when I add all GB together it should only be around 120 even that sounds like it's...
  6. Something is taking up space on my C drive and I don't know what it is.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows Backup is taking up C: Drive Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Backup is taking up C: Drive Space: Hi,I'm on Windows 10 21H2 current 4/26/22.I use Windows Backup and Restore Windows 7 Utility to backup my system disk only. And I use Windows Explorer to copy the User directory to backup my D disk. Before I started first of two backups, I cleaned up the C drive using...
  8. Windows Backup is taking up C: Drive Space

Windows Backup is taking up C: Drive Space: Hi,I'm on Windows 10 21H2 current 4/26/22.I use Windows Backup and Restore Windows 7 Utility to backup my system disk only. And I use Windows Explorer to copy the User directory to backup my D disk. Before I started first of two backups, I cleaned up the C drive using...
  9. Windows Backup is taking up C: Drive Space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. What is taking up so much space on my drive? Cant find the files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is taking up so much space on my drive? Cant find the files: I've been searching through C: trying to find where about 300GB of unknown files are. When viewing the breakdown under storage usage, it shows "documents" at 488GB, however when I go to my documents I only get 170GB....