Windows 10: How do I find which partition is Drive C?

Discus and support How do I find which partition is Drive C? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm getting the BSOD and none of the advance options are working. I created a bootable drive and am reinstalling windows. There are 2 options: 1.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DivergentAvatar, Oct 30, 2019.

1. How do I find which partition is Drive C?

I'm getting the BSOD and none of the advance options are working. I created a bootable drive and am reinstalling windows. There are 2 options: 1. Upgrade, but this option isn't working because I need to do it when I start windows normally. Which I can't do because I have BSOD and also safe mode isn't working. 2. Custom, which shows me the partitions of my drive. However there isn't enough storage on the system reserved partition. Even if I clear it, the size of partitions itself isn't big enough. I have 3 other partitions, 2 of them which have enough space. But if I install Windows on any of them, it says the files will be moved to a folder named "Windows.old" but I'm afraid this makes me lose my files. I don't have back up for my files, there's like 20 movies and folders of pictures.

submitted by /u/DivergentAvatar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DivergentAvatar, Oct 30, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

How do I find which partition is Drive C?

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CHow do I find which partition is Drive C? :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

How do I find which partition is Drive C?

1. How do I find which partition is Drive C? - Similar Threads - find partition Drive

2. How do I Locate which drive my OS is on, and change it to the C: drive if it's not on there...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Locate which drive my OS is on, and change it to the C: drive if it's not on there...: recently reinstalled windows 11 to my Dell G5 15 laptop. It now uses almost 100% of my HDD, I already used chkdsk to try and resolve this issue. It also seems to have reassigned my D drive as my OS drive, and my C drive as my data drive. But for some reason still thinks the...
  3. How do I Locate which drive my OS is on, and change it to the C: drive if it's not on there...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I Locate which drive my OS is on, and change it to the C: drive if it's not on there...: recently reinstalled windows 11 to my Dell G5 15 laptop. It now uses almost 100% of my HDD, I already used chkdsk to try and resolve this issue. It also seems to have reassigned my D drive as my OS drive, and my C drive as my data drive. But for some reason still thinks the...
  4. Partitioning of C drive which is already in used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partitioning of C drive which is already in used: Dear Team,I have laptop with 1TB SDD and one local C drive which is already in use. But now I want to partition the C driver. But when I am trying to do, I get the following page:Here you can see that 662.77GB is available in C drive, but "Size of available shrink space in...
  5. Partitioning of C drive which is already in used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partitioning of C drive which is already in used: Dear Team,I have laptop with 1TB SDD and one local C drive which is already in use. But now I want to partition the C driver. But when I am trying to do, I get the following page:Here you can see that 662.77GB is available in C drive, but "Size of available shrink space in...
  6. Partitioning of C drive which is already in used

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How do I recombine a shrunk partition with the C drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I recombine a shrunk partition with the C drive?: Trying to find anything online just lead me to guides on how to actually shrink volumes but my problem is I want to add the shrunken volume back to the original partition, any help would be appreciated! submitted by /u/RageQuitPlay [link] [comments]...
  8. I can't find which drive is which

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't find which drive is which: So I have installed a new 1 tb NVMe hard drive onto my computer. After I installed it I cloned the information from my 1 tb samsung ssd over to my my NVMe. Before I erased all the information on my SSD I wanted to make sure everything was fine with the nvme. So I disabled...
  9. How do I format partition C?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I format partition C?: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, please nice to tell me how I'm creating partition C where Windows is installed. Wait for response! A good day! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-do-i-format-partition-c/02d73368-b9b6-4d2a-84ef-0da14c560b9b
  10. C drive partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive partition: I recently bought a new laptop, which has windows 10 home single language inbuilt. It has only C drive and no other partitions at the time of purchase. Now I want to make C into more partitions, But it is not possible to split the C drive. I have tried so many times by Disk...