Windows 10: How do I fix a disappearing system notification tray in the taskbar?

Discus and support How do I fix a disappearing system notification tray in the taskbar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The system notification tray that resides on the lower right of the taskbar keeps going missing. It only reappears if I do something to change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by xjiox, Jun 12, 2021.

1. xjiox Win User

How do I fix a disappearing system notification tray in the taskbar?

The system notification tray that resides on the lower right of the taskbar keeps going missing. It only reappears if I do something to change the display, such as changing the resolution. When the notification tray does reappear, it's appearing with icons scrambled and disaligned. only for the system tray to go missing again. Not only are the program icons disappearing, but so is the date, time, and quick action center icon.

:)

xjiox, Jun 12, 2021

2. System Notification Tray Missing

No dice. It's my entire system tray that's missing, not just the icons in it.

SagaHaraldsdottir, Jun 12, 2021
  3. Berton Win User
    Notification/System tray programs showing wrongs icons

I'm not great with languages but what I see is right to left of the Notification Area. Mine is left to right:

How do I fix a disappearing system notification tray in the taskbar? [​IMG]

Some adjustments can be made to what is shown is accomplished by clicking the small up arrow to get the full list. Also right-clicking the Taskbar and choosing Taskbar settings then going to the Notification area can lead to enabling or disabling features on the bar.

Can't say about the clock but that suggests the whole screen may have been rotated or flipped.

Berton, Jun 12, 2021
  4. How do I fix a disappearing system notification tray in the taskbar?

Notification area (system tray) icons missing, Reset did not work

Hi Kevin,

With regard to your query about the system tray, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps.

• Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled
      Notification Area and click on Customize.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • If you'd like to always show all icons, turn the slider window to On.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

How do I fix a disappearing system notification tray in the taskbar?

1. How do I fix a disappearing system notification tray in the taskbar? - Similar Threads - fix disappearing system

2. How do I fix the Taskbar disappearing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix the Taskbar disappearing?: My taskbar sometimes disappears replaced with a black bar, and my entire desktop behind my apps is blacked out as well when my computer is working with heavy files and wont come back until I restart my computer 2-3 times. I would submit a screenshot from one of the numerous...
  3. How do I fix the Taskbar disappearing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix the Taskbar disappearing?: My taskbar sometimes disappears replaced with a black bar, and my entire desktop behind my apps is blacked out as well when my computer is working with heavy files and wont come back until I restart my computer 2-3 times. I would submit a screenshot from one of the numerous...
  4. How do I fix the Taskbar disappearing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do i remove the notification counter in the taskbar tray in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove the notification counter in the taskbar tray in windows 11?: How do i remove the notification counter in the taskbar tray in windows 11? The blue '3' in this image: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-notification-counter-in-the/07d5a8e9-6fd4-4d91-850b-a6411d945b18
  6. How do i remove the notification counter in the taskbar tray in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i remove the notification counter in the taskbar tray in windows 11?: How do i remove the notification counter in the taskbar tray in windows 11? The blue '3' in this image: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-notification-counter-in-the/07d5a8e9-6fd4-4d91-850b-a6411d945b18
  7. How do I fix a dissappearing system notification tray in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I fix a dissappearing system notification tray in the taskbar?: The system notification tray that resides on the lower right of the taskbar keeps going missing. It only reappears if I do something to change the display, such as changing the resolution. When the notification tray does reappear, it's appearing with icons scrambled and...
  8. System Tray Notification Icons Disappear Move

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Tray Notification Icons Disappear Move: After my New Laptop installed the latest update this morning KB5003637, my System Tray Icons will condense when you select a navigation item or the expanded list and then will disappear.Resizing the System Tray Icons will bring them back until you select something...
  9. System tray / notification area disappeared post-update

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray / notification area disappeared post-update: Hi,Windows updated last night. The News & Interests icon appeared; the entire system tray disappeared including time and date.Have searched for this issue elsewhere but can't find an answer. Settings - Taskbar - Notification Area shows as "on" with power, network and volume...
  10. Custom application on the notification are/system tray of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom application on the notification are/system tray of the taskbar: Hello everyone! I`m searching all morning for some software that allows me to add custom application/shortcut on the notification area (the small icons next to the clock), can anyone help me with any advice? Thanks! submitted by /u/guilhermesimoncello [link] [comments]...