Windows 10: How do I fix a docx file that didn't get properly deleted?

Discus and support How do I fix a docx file that didn't get properly deleted? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I tried to open 2 docx files with Word 2013 on my HP Laptop 15-dy1xxx but got an error message. I deleted the files, uninstalled and reinstalled Word... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Don Randall, Aug 6, 2020.

1. How do I fix a docx file that didn't get properly deleted?

I tried to open 2 docx files with Word 2013 on my HP Laptop 15-dy1xxx but got an error message. I deleted the files, uninstalled and reinstalled Word 2013, but I continue to get a strange message in CCleaner. I would appreciate your assistance.

How do I fix a docx file that didn't get properly deleted? ebdc8d3d-4243-4e95-9f7e-796f473a5246?upload=true.jpg

:)

Don Randall, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Randy_68 Win User

File extension *.docx

I already did all the steps you suggested but MS Office 2013 ignored my change and defaulted to *.docx. Is there some other solution?

Randy_68, Aug 6, 2020
  3. comments and tags in docx files don't display in explorer file folders

Hi Charles,

We would need more information regarding your concern about the description of your .docx files. To better assist you with your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you always experienced this issue with .docx files?
    • Were you able to add some description on your .docx files? If yes, what were the steps that you took in adding descriptions to your .docx files?
    • Is this issue only happening with .docx files?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Aug 6, 2020
  4. How do I fix a docx file that didn't get properly deleted?

File Explorer Keeps Freezing with .docx FIles

Can't link the File Converter - I guess because it does not show up as a "program" - so it does not show up in the list as an option.

And of course, if I click on a .docx file in File Explorer, it freezes up. It used to not do that - that's the issue I want to fix in the first place, hence my post here.

Anyone know how to uninstall the File Converter when it does not show up in the programs list?

RLynn Shell, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

How do I fix a docx file that didn't get properly deleted?

1. How do I fix a docx file that didn't get properly deleted? - Similar Threads - fix docx file

2. I can’t change the standard app for docx files. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t change the standard app for docx files. How do I fix this?: Whenever I try to open docx files they automatically try to open in notepad instead of Word; I can select to manually open it with Word or similar each time instead but I can’t select it as a standard app in settings, as the type of files doesn’t even show up in the available...
  3. I can’t change the standard app for docx files. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t change the standard app for docx files. How do I fix this?: Whenever I try to open docx files they automatically try to open in notepad instead of Word; I can select to manually open it with Word or similar each time instead but I can’t select it as a standard app in settings, as the type of files doesn’t even show up in the available...
  4. How do I properly delete the game files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I properly delete the game files?: I dont know how but the games I deleted in Epic Games launcher are still in there. The files are still in there taking up space, but in the launcher, Its like I already uninstalled it.https://imgur.com/a/bVUGDI9I also cant find the game in the apps and features and even in...
  5. How do I properly delete the game files?

How do I properly delete the game files?: I dont know how but the games I deleted in Epic Games launcher are still in there. The files are still in there taking up space, but in the launcher, Its like I already uninstalled it.https://imgur.com/a/bVUGDI9I also cant find the game in the apps and features and even in...
  6. How do I properly delete the game files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Cortana only replies "Sorry, I didn't get that". How do I fix?

in Cortana
    Cortana only replies "Sorry, I didn't get that". How do I fix?: I have tried everything people have posted re use of Command Prompt Administrator and nothing works. The microphone works fine. Cortana displays the question asked, but does nothing. After a few seconds, it responds with the above statement. Any fix?...
  8. Can't delete a docx file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete a docx file: It will not open or delete or be renamed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-a-docx-file/08884c9b-17de-40c2-be3c-363f4121d771"
  9. DOCX Document is Not Displaying Properly

DOCX Document is Not Displaying Properly: Hi, my professor has Word 2016 and I have WPS Writer. I recently sent in a document that I made in WPS Writer and my teacher got it and displayed it in Word 2016. Anyway, the document is not displaying properly for her and as a result I lost some points. I recently got the...
  10. How do I scan from printer to new file in docx

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I scan from printer to new file in docx: I have an HP 4520 envy copier, I would like to know what I have to do to scan from copier to either a new file in documents or to my photo file any help appreciated, please keep it as simple as possible as I am a real old newbie to computers.Thanks I have windows 10 Lenovo...