Windows 10: How do I fix a Microsoft Account problem message concerning password.

Discus and support How do I fix a Microsoft Account problem message concerning password. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Occasionally there is a message in the notification center that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. It says that it may be due to a password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alicia J, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Alicia J Win User

How do I fix a Microsoft Account problem message concerning password.

Occasionally there is a message in the notification center that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. It says that it may be due to a password change. I have my main PC set up to sign in using a local account and the laptop set up to sign in with the Microsoft account using a PIN.

I checked under settings and there is no mention of an issue. I signed into the Microsoft account on line with the password I used before I set up the PIN, with no issues. Where else should I check?

:)

Alicia J, Jan 26, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

Microsoft account

Hi,

There may be several reasons why this message keeps appearing. Sometimes, this message is triggered if you are using a two-step verification in your email. We suggest that you try these methods below to resolve this concern:

• Log out and log in with your Local Account password or the Microsoft Account password again to check if this is caused by a glitch.
    • If you are not using a Microsoft account to sign in, create one, and use it to sign in.
    • Verify your identity on this PC. Open Settings > Accounts > Under
      Your accounts you will see a Verify your identity on this PC link > Click on
      Verify. Follow the prompts to identify your account.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jan 26, 2019
  3. PP Mguire Win User
    77000 Steam accounts hacked every month

Ironically I've had the same crappy password since I made my Steam when HL2 came out and never been hacked, but I've had my Origin account jacked twice with a much more complicated password. 2 step on Origin fixed this problem, but just thought it was kind of funny. I went with 2 step on Steam to be safe too.

PP Mguire, Jan 26, 2019
  4. How do I fix a Microsoft Account problem message concerning password.

Microsoft Account Password Reset

Thanks for the reply, but it does not help me. The website does not proceed past step 4. After entering the security code, the website does not proceed to step 5. It does not give an error message, it simply greys out the next and cancel buttons and hangs
    indefinitely.

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

• Go to the Reset your password page.
    • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
    • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
    I'll try your "Get account help by email" suggestion and post the solution here when I've found one.

Donovan de Swardt, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

How do I fix a Microsoft Account problem message concerning password.

1. How do I fix a Microsoft Account problem message concerning password. - Similar Threads - fix Microsoft Account

2. How do I fix a forgotten local account password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix a forgotten local account password?: I have forgotten my local account password, how can I fix this?I can get into my online account and sign in to my PC using a pin but I can't access my PC with the password.For some reason the online account password is different to the local account password. The only option...
  3. How do I fix a forgotten local account password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix a forgotten local account password?: I have forgotten my local account password, how can I fix this?I can get into my online account and sign in to my PC using a pin but I can't access my PC with the password.For some reason the online account password is different to the local account password. The only option...
  4. "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your Microsoft account" message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your Microsoft account" message: Every other login I get this message. It tells me to go to Shared experiences to "fix it." How do I get rid of this message for good? After I input my pin again, it then will say "all accounts are working correctly," and everything is working fine after that. How do I get rid...
  5. "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your Microsoft account" message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your Microsoft account" message: Every other login I get this message. It tells me to go to Shared experiences to "fix it." How do I get rid of this message for good? After I input my pin again, it then will say "all accounts are working correctly," and everything is working fine after that. How do I get rid...
  6. "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your Microsoft account" message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. "Microsoft Account Problem" Message. "We Need to fix your Microsoft Accounts"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Microsoft Account Problem" Message. "We Need to fix your Microsoft Accounts": This message appears almost at every login, usually after I first enter my pin. It also tells me to go to Shared Experiences. There it says that "Some of your accounts require attention." I click "Fix now" and then I have to enter my pin again. I enter my pin and then it says...
  8. Can't Change my Microsoft Account Password. How do I fix that?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Change my Microsoft Account Password. How do I fix that?: I attempt to use "Can't Remember password" to change to a working Password. Yesterday 10/26?2020 I tried a number to times to change it and was told to try again today. Now it gives me the same "warning" even when only trying one time. How can I work around this, if possible?...
  9. Message to fix account problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Message to fix account problem: I have been trying to ignore this problem for a very long time now - probably years. I get a message, daily, that there is an account problem and I need to fix it. I eventually cave in and try to fix it. I am told to change my password, which I do. I get a confirmation...
  10. How do I fix a Microsoft Account problem message concerning password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I fix a Microsoft Account problem message concerning password.: Occasionally there is a message in the notification center that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. It says that it may be due to a password change. I have my main PC set up to sign in using a local account and the laptop set up to sign in with the Microsoft account...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft account problem message

2. microsoft account problem message scam

3. fix microsoft password

4. microsoft account problem message windows 10,
  5. micro account problem message,
  6. microsoft account problem popup,
  7. microsoft account password problems,
  8. fix microsofe password,
  9. fix microsoft pass word,
  10. message from microsoft about password,
  11. microsoft account problems,