Windows 10: How do i fix a problem with my microphone where all audio stops when my microphone is on?

Discus and support How do i fix a problem with my microphone where all audio stops when my microphone is on? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have had this problem with my pc where when i join a voice call, start a microphone test or simply select the input device on the control panel all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Z.Hark, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Z.Hark Win User

How do i fix a problem with my microphone where all audio stops when my microphone is on?

I have had this problem with my pc where when i join a voice call, start a microphone test or simply select the input device on the control panel all audio gets cut off. Im listening to a song on youtube, it gets cut off, i have background sounds from a game, it gets cut off, literally all audio. It doesn't have anything to do with the microphone since i have used it on other devices which it works perfectly on. Please help

:)

Z.Hark, Dec 5, 2023
  2. Farvatten Win User

Problem with Microphone

You might check Start > Settings > Privacy > Microphone

Check that you have access set to 'On' and there's also a list of Windows apps that can be toggled individually.

How do i fix a problem with my microphone where all audio stops when my microphone is on? 283968d1592240480t-problem-microphone-settingsmicrophoneaccessforaudacity.jpg

Farvatten, Dec 5, 2023
  3. eroopli123, Dec 5, 2023
  4. How do i fix a problem with my microphone where all audio stops when my microphone is on?

Microphone not working

The microphone on my laptop stopped working. I have done a lot of trouble shooting without success. Before I conclude that it is a hardware problem, can I ask if there is anything else I should do.

My System:
    • ASUS S500CA laptop
    • Windows 10 Home X64 version 1909
    • VIA HD Audio - (for speakers and microphone)

Here's what happened:
    • The microphone was working perfectly (on Skype).
    • The next day it didn't work on a Skype call

Here's is a brief summary of what I have done:
    • The only thing that changed between these two Skype calls were a couple of Windows updates
    • I tried to remove all the recent Windows updates - didn't fix it
    • One update (4577670) couldn't be uninstalled so I restored the system to a date prior to the successful SKYPE - didn't work
    • I ran the Win trouble shooter - it reported no problem
    • I tried to update the sound/microphone driver - reported that I had the best driver
    • Checked the driver version (Provider - Microsoft, Date - 2019-03-18, Version, 10.0.18362.1)
    • Checked driver details (Report- No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device)
    • Updated to the latest Win 10 version (20H2) - didn't help
    • The speakers are working correctly.
    • I tried all of the above with the internal microphone as well as an external microphone (I tested all microphone alternatives in the setup - headset, external other)
    Is there anything else that I should try before giving up?

dsscottage, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

How do i fix a problem with my microphone where all audio stops when my microphone is on?

1. How do i fix a problem with my microphone where all audio stops when my microphone is on? - Similar Threads - fix problem microphone

2. How do i fix a problem with my microphone where all audio stops when my microphone is on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix a problem with my microphone where all audio stops when my microphone is on?: I have had this problem with my pc where when i join a voice call, start a microphone test or simply select the input device on the control panel all audio gets cut off. Im listening to a song on youtube, it gets cut off, i have background sounds from a game, it gets cut off,...
  3. How do i fix a problem with my microphone where all audio stops when my microphone is on?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i fix a problem with my microphone where all audio stops when my microphone is on?: I have had this problem with my pc where when i join a voice call, start a microphone test or simply select the input device on the control panel all audio gets cut off. Im listening to a song on youtube, it gets cut off, i have background sounds from a game, it gets cut off,...
  4. How do I stop my desktop audio from bleeding into my microphone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop my desktop audio from bleeding into my microphone?: Every time I want to listen to music while playing a video game with friends, they always point out the exact song name of what I'm playing because they can hear it so well. I don't know how to help it, I've tried everything recommend....
  5. How do I stop my desktop audio from bleeding into my microphone?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I stop my desktop audio from bleeding into my microphone?: Every time I want to listen to music while playing a video game with friends, they always point out the exact song name of what I'm playing because they can hear it so well. I don't know how to help it, I've tried everything recommend....
  6. When my microphone is active, my audio stops working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When my microphone is active, my audio stops working.: I don't know when this started but I know this problem wasn't occurring before.Some quick stats. I use AVG Driver Updater to update drivers and I update often. Except I don't update the touchpad on my laptop as the update removes features that makes it harder to use. I...
  7. When my microphone is active, my audio stops working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When my microphone is active, my audio stops working.: I don't know when this started but I know this problem wasn't occurring before.Some quick stats. I use AVG Driver Updater to update drivers and I update often. Except I don't update the touchpad on my laptop as the update removes features that makes it harder to use. I...
  8. When my microphone is active, my audio stops working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Using Microphone stops my audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using Microphone stops my audio: Hi there, I've been having problems with my JBL Charge 3 Speaker which comes with a built in microphone. I've been using this with Zoom for the whole covid lockdown period and it has been working fine the last 3 months. Suddenly when i turn on Zoom, all my audio from the...
  10. How do I fix my audio problems with all microphones?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix my audio problems with all microphones?: About a week and a half to two weeks ago my main "Studio" microphone stopped working. The sound control panel shows it is the default mic, working properly and the troubleshooter always found nothing. I was still able to use headsets to talk to anyone on Google Meet. As of 2...