Windows 10: How do I fix a slow PC with 50% disk usage but 100% on the main HDD?

Discus and support How do I fix a slow PC with 50% disk usage but 100% on the main HDD? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi. i've seen multiple posts on the 100% disk issue and tried all of the previously suggested actions (disabling search, superfetch etc and all that).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Unionfan, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Unionfan Win User

How do I fix a slow PC with 50% disk usage but 100% on the main HDD?

Hi. i've seen multiple posts on the 100% disk issue and tried all of the previously suggested actions (disabling search, superfetch etc and all that). I had no 'slow' disk issues at all as MS updates seem to have rectified the situation in the Spring of 2018 for us. However, since a September Windows 10 update, we are slow to boot up and slow-running again. When I access the task manager, processes tab, I see disk usage at 50% rather than the previous 100% give-away...

But when I look at the Performance tab, Disk 0 C: (the main hard drive of my machine) is operating at 100% nearly all of the time...

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this issue please a the general running speed and in particular the boot up speed has deteriorated significantly. And in advance, I'm grateful for all suggestions but please don't suggest buying an SSD as I'm looking for a way of undoing whatever problems MS has caused again rather than having to pay several hundred Euros to fix faults they caused. *Smile

Cheers
    UF

:)

Unionfan, Oct 9, 2018

2. Windows Disk Usage is 100%

My computer has been extremely slow for a while. The Disk usage is always at 100%. (It shows up as 50% in the task manager list while 100% in the graph). Is there any solution for how to fix and speed this up? I have tried to turn off windows search index
    and did the command "net.exe stop superfetch" but both did not have much of an effect. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

windows10keepsdisconnecting, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Memory at 50% and Disk usage at 100%

So I bought a brand new gaming laptop and it came with Windows 8 and so I used that for the first day or two and there were no problems. I installed Windows 10 and now the ram/disk was both at 100% most of the time. I was able to fix some mem leak though
    the memory is ALWAYS at 50% now and the disk usage is at 100% for the first 30 minutes after start-up. How can I fix these problems?

FaTaLxCheMiCaL, Oct 9, 2018
  4. How do I fix a slow PC with 50% disk usage but 100% on the main HDD?

100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

How do I fix a slow PC with 50% disk usage but 100% on the main HDD?

1. How do I fix a slow PC with 50% disk usage but 100% on the main HDD? - Similar Threads - fix slow 50%

2. How to fix Disk Usage 100% after New HDD install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix Disk Usage 100% after New HDD install?: I recently had a HDD fail on me while gaming. The system shut down and went straight to the bios saying “no bootable device”. Immediately I ordered another SEAGATE 2TB INTERNAL HDD and installed it. When I reinstalled windows there was a graveyard of my PCs old data. So I...
  3. How to fix Disk Usage 100% after New HDD install?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix Disk Usage 100% after New HDD install?: I recently had a HDD fail on me while gaming. The system shut down and went straight to the bios saying “no bootable device”. Immediately I ordered another SEAGATE 2TB INTERNAL HDD and installed it. When I reinstalled windows there was a graveyard of my PCs old data. So I...
  4. 100% disk usage HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% disk usage HDD: so when load up my computer my pc is slow and is at 100% disk usage when i go to task manger to look at processes it says my disk is at 25% but when i go to performance it shows it is at 100% non stop my memory is at 5.7 out of 15.7 36% cpu at 2% gpu at 6% any ideas how to...
  5. 100% disk usage HDD

100% disk usage HDD: so when load up my computer my pc is slow and is at 100% disk usage when i go to task manger to look at processes it says my disk is at 25% but when i go to performance it shows it is at 100% non stop my memory is at 5.7 out of 15.7 36% cpu at 2% gpu at 6% any ideas how to...
  6. 100% disk usage HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How do I fix 100 disk usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix 100 disk usage?: submitted by /u/Zakiboio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kdzqt1/how_do_i_fix_100_disk_usage/
  8. How do I fix 100 disk usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix 100 disk usage?: submitted by /u/Zakiboio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kdzqt1/how_do_i_fix_100_disk_usage/
  9. Slow PC - 50% Disk Usage but 100% on C: Drive

Slow PC - 50% Disk Usage but 100% on C: Drive: Hi. i've seen multiple posts on the 100% disk issue and tried all of the previously suggested actions (disabling search, superfetch etc and all that). I had no 'slow' disk issues at all as MS updates seem to have rectified the situation in the Spring of 2018 for us....
  10. how fix disk 100% usage hdd , ??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how fix disk 100% usage hdd , ??: disk in task manager 100% and system runing very slowly ,,how to fix that !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-fix-disk-100-usage-hdd/7e5dc7d9-5c14-4c8e-a752-b3dda47c7d87

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc always on 50% disk usage