Windows 10: How do I fix account-level permissions on Windows 10 Home?

Discus and support How do I fix account-level permissions on Windows 10 Home? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, I want to say this: my own account works fine. Most of my kids' accounts work really well. But one kid's account has a really weird issue. We have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RedHeron, May 23, 2021.

1. RedHeron Win User

How do I fix account-level permissions on Windows 10 Home?

So, I want to say this: my own account works fine. Most of my kids' accounts work really well. But one kid's account has a really weird issue. We have 7 people in our household, spread across 5 machines.For Christmas, there was a shiny new Windows S laptop for school. We started a new Microsoft account for the&nbs

:)

RedHeron, May 23, 2021
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, May 23, 2021
  3. cdawall Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, May 23, 2021
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How do I fix account-level permissions on Windows 10 Home? :(

Zakin, May 23, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I fix account-level permissions on Windows 10 Home? - Similar Threads - fix account level

2. how do i fix my adminstrator permission problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix my adminstrator permission problem?: this morning i installed two updates for Windows 11 home. After installing the updates i tried to update my graphic driver. when pressing to update the graphics driver, it took 5 minutes to load then said "windows cannot access the specified path or file. you may not have the...
  3. how do i fix my adminstrator permission problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i fix my adminstrator permission problem?: this morning i installed two updates for Windows 11 home. After installing the updates i tried to update my graphic driver. when pressing to update the graphics driver, it took 5 minutes to load then said "windows cannot access the specified path or file. you may not have the...
  4. how do i give myself permissions to change my internet security levels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i give myself permissions to change my internet security levels: title, it's not letting me change anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-give-myself-permissions-to-change-my/8423db2f-721e-49e7-8552-3c91394d9d1b
  5. how do i give myself permissions to change my internet security levels

how do i give myself permissions to change my internet security levels: title, it's not letting me change anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-give-myself-permissions-to-change-my/8423db2f-721e-49e7-8552-3c91394d9d1b
  6. how do i give myself permissions to change my internet security levels

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How do I fix File Explorer permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I fix File Explorer permissions: Ever since I updated my OS this has been happening. It always asks for permission whatever I may do. What should I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-file-explorer-permissions/26017dc2-77cc-40c9-863e-98cbcc550b94
  8. How do I activate the Admin account on Windows 10 Home?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I activate the Admin account on Windows 10 Home?: I never set it up and now need to access it to allow me to access Quickbooks. The Quickbooks advice is to access the Windows admin account....
  9. How do I get 2nd level Account support?

How do I get 2nd level Account support?: I have not been able to play purchased movies for a while. Happens on more than one device. I went through the help support option & it was no help at all. But advised to try the MS community for help. I did that & got a reply, that I needed 2nd level account support.....
  10. change permission levels

in Windows 10 Customization
    change permission levels: I need to change my permission levels. I also want to delete sign in every time I am on my computer. This is my private computer and I am the admin. Please advise...