Windows 10: How do I fix an issue of icons in the taskbar not showing?

Discus and support How do I fix an issue of icons in the taskbar not showing? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; That blank area has apps that should show. I've restarted the computer a couple of times and it persists. The missing are Sticky Notes, OMEN Command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cake5, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Cake5 Win User

How do I fix an issue of icons in the taskbar not showing?

That blank area has apps that should show. I've restarted the computer a couple of times and it persists. The missing are Sticky Notes, OMEN Command Centre HP, Messenger app, Excel, Word, and Snip & Sketch. The problem persists when I switch to full tabs mode not icons though some of the names are shown.

How do I fix an issue of icons in the taskbar not showing? 024d9f4e-20b6-4842-990a-ffc2ad20700c?upload=true.png

:)

Cake5, Nov 16, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 16, 2020
  3. jackin Win User
    How to fix taskbar showing generic blank icons on Windows 7 professional?

How to fix taskbar showing generic blank icons on Windows 7 professional?

How do I fix an issue of icons in the taskbar not showing? 67d2b65a-a526-42eb-baec-6b5480451d19?upload=true.jpg

These icons correspond to Windows Explorer, IE and Office 365 programs.

Steps i took to resolve issue, but did not help are:

1. In order to fix generic blank icon issue on taskbar i killed explorer.exe and restarted it but this did not resolve issue.
    2. Ran quick repair on Office 365 & restarted Windows.

jackin, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I fix an issue of icons in the taskbar not showing? - Similar Threads - fix issue icons

2. Wifi icon is not showing up how do i fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi icon is not showing up how do i fix it?: Hey my name is lee and i am using windows 11 now the main problem is that each time i turn on my pc the internet icon is gone. And when i restart my pc it re appears but when i start playing game it suddenly disappears again. I used every single method and troubleshooting in...
  3. How do I fix this taskbar issue??

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I fix this taskbar issue??: Hey, so around 5 mins ago, i restarted my pc cause it was lagging somewhat.. Then This happend...Legit there are not taskbar icons that show, neither the wifi icon battery or anything.... They just completely disappeared... So how do i fix it??...
  4. How do I fix this taskbar issue??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this taskbar issue??: Hey, so around 5 mins ago, i restarted my pc cause it was lagging somewhat.. Then This happend...Legit there are not taskbar icons that show, neither the wifi icon battery or anything.... They just completely disappeared... So how do i fix it??...
  5. How do I fix this taskbar issue??

6. How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?: I restart explorer.exe, then my desktop/icons look like this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-this-desktopicons-issue/0d95ed22-4040-4d8c-9154-b6e4c626e96f
  7. How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?

How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?: I restart explorer.exe, then my desktop/icons look like this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-this-desktopicons-issue/0d95ed22-4040-4d8c-9154-b6e4c626e96f
  8. How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?

9. The taskbar icon on Windows 10 not showing, how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The taskbar icon on Windows 10 not showing, how to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ripvulgar [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/msjye7/the_taskbar_icon_on_windows_10_not_showing_how_to/
  10. How do I fix icons in position on wallpaper and taskbar?

How do I fix icons in position on wallpaper and taskbar?: I have icons for documents and shortcuts to software on my desktop and taskbar. Occasionally Windows 10.0.18362 'tidies up' for me and I can't find a darn thing! Can I fix things in position I want and not have them move?...