Windows 10: How do I fix black screen with cursor

Discus and support How do I fix black screen with cursor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It suddenly happened it was fine yesterday as soon as I open it this morning it stopped working submitted by /u/pinoynamatalino [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pinoynamatalino, Mar 22, 2021.

1. How do I fix black screen with cursor

It suddenly happened it was fine yesterday as soon as I open it this morning it stopped working

submitted by /u/pinoynamatalino
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pinoynamatalino, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 22, 2021
  3. NevRon Win User
    Black screen with cursor

Living in Fear: Updated to Ten (Gateway SX-2800), it worked for a month.
    After an update came black screen with cursor. TenForum solution (3
    shutdowns before full start) and restart fixed. Updated video and other
    drivers. Another update event, happened again, this time auto fix did not
    fix. Advanced to system restore. Worked once. I was on a special project,
    feared same problem, so I left computer on for 2 weeks, no problem. Then
    was forced to restart with update. (BTW -sorry didn't mention *SadI GET THE SIGN ON
    SCREEN EACH TIME , AND ENTER PASSWORD)
    then black screen - and now no fixes
    work, no restore points. Current status - active cursor, notifications and windows pop up
    over a black screen, addressing second monitor with blind keystrokes on and
    off works (evidenced by cursor), task manager opens (ctrl alt del) and
    seems fully functional. Lots of functions in task manager show stopped.
    Seems like desktop is there but screen is black. Any possible fix through
    task manager or by keystrokes?? tried all fixes found here. Help!!

NevRon, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

How do I fix black screen with cursor

1. How do I fix black screen with cursor - Similar Threads - fix black screen

2. How to fix black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix black screen with cursor: I have tried to go through every fix I’ve found for windows 11, but neither ctrl+shift+esc or ctrl+alt-del have done anything, and random clicking has done nothing either.I have attempted to turn off the laptop, but that too has done nothing, and i cannot restart normally...
  3. How to fix black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix black screen with cursor: I have tried to go through every fix I’ve found for windows 11, but neither ctrl+shift+esc or ctrl+alt-del have done anything, and random clicking has done nothing either.I have attempted to turn off the laptop, but that too has done nothing, and i cannot restart normally...
  4. How do I fix a black screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix a black screen?: My computer suddenly went black out of no where, but the power button light is still on. When I tried to turn the computer off then back on, it won’t turn off. I thought maybe plugging the charger in would help, but when I did the charger light didn’t turn on to indicate it...
  5. How do I fix a black screen?

How do I fix a black screen?: My computer suddenly went black out of no where, but the power button light is still on. When I tried to turn the computer off then back on, it won’t turn off. I thought maybe plugging the charger in would help, but when I did the charger light didn’t turn on to indicate it...
  6. How to fix black screen on windows 7 with no cursor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix black screen on windows 7 with no cursor?: Hi. I was playing a game on my Windows 7, but then the screen froze and lagged so much, I had to restart it. When I restarted it, there was only a black screen with no cursor. My keyboard or mouse wasn't working at all. All I hear is the sound of the CPU. What should I do?...
  7. How to fix black screen on windows 7 with no cursor?

How to fix black screen on windows 7 with no cursor?: Hi. I was playing a game on my Windows 7, but then the screen froze and lagged so much, I had to restart it. When I restarted it, there was only a black screen with no cursor. My keyboard or mouse wasn't working at all. All I hear is the sound of the CPU. What should I do?...
  8. How do i fix a black screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i fix a black screen?: So i turned on my computer, it brings me to a black screen with a cursor. if i give it some time it brings up the first page to go to sign in, but it looks weird. it has poor quality and says “Windows sign-in”. if i click anything at all, it brings me straight to the black...
  9. How do I fix this black screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix this black screen?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/flash050562ndacc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eoe1bg/how_do_i_fix_this_black_screen/
  10. windows 10 black screen of death how do I fix this ? cursor is gone

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 black screen of death how do I fix this ? cursor is gone: Windows 10 ("Black Screen Of Death") No Cursor either, I am using a Dell desktop ! Help 42193