Windows 10: How do I fix caps and small letters/ symbols and numbers being reversed as I type?

Discus and support How do I fix caps and small letters/ symbols and numbers being reversed as I type? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have windows 10 and am experiencing typing problems intermittingly. It makes it hard to log on with my password. It doesn't do it all the time so not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MooserMP, Oct 8, 2018.

1. MooserMP Win User

How do I fix caps and small letters/ symbols and numbers being reversed as I type?

I have windows 10 and am experiencing typing problems intermittingly. It makes it hard to log on with my password. It doesn't do it all the time so not sure what the problem is. Is it my keyboard or some bug? I'm not an expert with computers so please advise in regular jargon if you could? Thank you so much for any help you can give this has been going on for quite awhile was hoping it would be fixed by updates but not so far. Does this on log in on Facebook on my e-mail again sometimes not all the time such as now very normal....very frustrating!! My computer is made for me no brand name and I have a wired keyboard. I checked for updates on my keyboard (HP) but said it was up to date.

:)

MooserMP, Oct 8, 2018

2. caps lock makes numbers type symbols

when i turn caps lock on, instead of the letters getting capitalized, the numbers get capitalized. if i have caps lock on and then type the number 2, it will appear as @.

GoldenSniper874, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Caps Lock Reversed

You can try following -

1. Run Keyboard Troubleshooter

Type Troubleshoot in Windows Start Search box > Click Troubleshoot > Scroll down and click Keyboard > Run the troubleshooter > Follow onscreen directions

2. Update Keyboard Driver

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start) > Click Device Manager > Expand Keyboards > Right click on Standard PS/2 Keyboard > Click Update Driver Software > Click Browse my computer for driver software > Click Let my pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
    > Choose Standard PS/2 Keyboard > Click Next to update

3. There is a very interesting fix for this problem in below link. Go into Microsoft Word and type tHANKS, it will autocorrect itself to Thanks. After this, this problem becomes allright.

Source -
    https://ccm.net/forum/affich-650212-caps-lock-w...

E for Excel, Oct 8, 2018
  4. REX270104 Win User

How do I fix caps and small letters/ symbols and numbers being reversed as I type?

Third party passwords are diplayed as small letters only

Third party passwords typed as numbers, small capital letters displayed
    as small letters only.

Message : the password must have capital and small letters only.

How can I change to numbers and small and capital Letters setting.

REX270104, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I fix caps and small letters/ symbols and numbers being reversed as I type? - Similar Threads - fix caps small

2. type letters - prints number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    type letters - prints number?: HiOn my wifes Laptop alongside some of the letters are numbers J1 K2 L3 M0 and so on when you try and type the letter it puts the number in.How can I put it back to normal please?Thank you Mr Soft...
  3. type letters - prints number?

in Windows 10 Customization
    type letters - prints number?: HiOn my wifes Laptop alongside some of the letters are numbers J1 K2 L3 M0 and so on when you try and type the letter it puts the number in.How can I put it back to normal please?Thank you Mr Soft...
  4. type letters - prints number?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I type a letter on my phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I type a letter on my phone: How do I type a letter on my iPhone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-type-a-letter-on-my-phone/3976cda2-2179-4ac5-a80f-000962951071
  6. How do I type a letter on my phone

How do I type a letter on my phone: How do I type a letter on my iPhone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-type-a-letter-on-my-phone/3976cda2-2179-4ac5-a80f-000962951071
  7. When using and typing into windows explorer search ,random letters, numbers and symbols are...

When using and typing into windows explorer search ,random letters, numbers and symbols are...: When using and typing into windows explorer search ,random letters, numbers and symbols are showing. Keyboard works fine in all apps and browsers. When I use an app or browser then return to windows explorer search it will be correct for a couple of minutes before not working...
  8. How Do I Type Letters With Accent Marks?

How Do I Type Letters With Accent Marks?: I have a laptop that doesn't have a touch screen. I want to type letters that have accent marks. For instance, I want to be able to type the letter e with an ' on top of the letter. I was told that I can use the shortcut {Windows Key -> . period and it will bring up they...
  9. How do I mail a letter typed on Workpad?

How do I mail a letter typed on Workpad?: I have typed a letter on workpad but I don't see how to mail it. I can copy and print it but I can't figure out how to send it to an email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-mail-a-letter-typed-on-workpad/af96d6e7-7f65-4e1d-afb7-4ec2fd0e155d
  10. caps lock makes numbers type symbols

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    caps lock makes numbers type symbols: when i turn caps lock on, instead of the letters getting capitalized, the numbers get capitalized. if i have caps lock on and then type the number 2, it will appear as @....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. letters/ symbols and numbers being reversed as i type?